Strong enough to win the league?

NeoGeo7

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

And even with all that considered we are still comfortably ahead of them in the league

We are 8 points ahead as things stand, with only one more league game against them to play and we have a goal difference that's as good as an extra point too.

There's a lot of football still to play but at this point it's our title to throw away.

I agree.  I still think we'll win it but writing off Hibs and their signings just because you dislike them, which most are, is a mugs game.  Hibs are capable of pulling back five points.  If you think we cannot lose go bet your mortgage on it down the bookies.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely, have shown in the last two games we can keep getting the results even when we don't play to our potential and keeping our consistency which again the 4-5 games priori the last two. Think we will have more than enough to win the league

We're probably good enough to win the premiership next season anaw, especially when Crooks and Windass join us. And there will more signings in the summer. There isn't one good consistent team in the premiership at the moment. We could win it next season. Septic maybe have the best squad but their manager's pish. Baaaberdeen are all over the place. The Jammy Farts aren't consistent enough either.

1 minute ago, The Tavernator said:

We're probably good enough to win the premiership next season anaw, especially when Crooks and Windass join us. And there will more signings in the summer. There isn't one good consistent team in the premiership at the moment. We could win it next season. Septic maybe have the best squad but their manager's pish. Baaaberdeen are all over the place. The Jammy Farts aren't consistent enough either.

lets not get ahead of ourselves we've played nobody yet we still need to prove it in the premier league,we're still short in defence and central midfield imo

This league - yes. 

Next season without considerable expenditure - no. 

Everyone seems to think that the nappy rippers will be shite, if they get a competent manager in, he has nigh on 50 players to pick from at torbett towers. 

You need to look at the real prospect they could actually spend big for a decent manager at the end of the season. 

13 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Everyone seems to think that the nappy rippers will be shite, if they get a competent manager in, he has nigh on 50 players to pick from at torbett towers. 

You need to look at the real prospect they could actually spend big for a decent manager at the end of the season. 

Stubbs,Moyes and Dumbert.

Those are the only probable selik minded ones out there,unless they could tempt Saint Martin back.

4 hours ago, AlBear85 said:

We were strong enough before January to win it, IMO. We are currently 8 clear, albeit hibs have a game in hand, and strengthened our squad. I can only see that gap widening come the end of the season.

We shouldn't lose focus but it's hard not to have one eye on next season already.

Agree entirely.

Overall we are by far the best footballing side in this league.

With the squad we have, every team we play will be aware that they will have to yield chances for our team, and the likelihood is that we will score from at least one of those chances; indeed, in every competitive game we have played in we have scored, I think. That should concern whoever we play; we will create chances against them. On another point, I am as concerned as anyone else about our midfield, but I think there are some signs that our midfield, with Halliday, is getting it together. 

2 hours ago, Camshy said:

Strong enough before it, anyone who has been watching us and keeping an eye on the Championship can clearly see we are the best side by a mile.

Top of the league, scored the most goals by a mile, best defence which is staggering considering how open we are and we have the best squad........the new guys only make us stronger.

We have the second best (League games) defensive record in Scottish football, only bettered by Dunfermline who have conceded 15 goals as opposed to our 16. Incidentally, we have scored more (League games) goals than any other team in Scotland and only the scum come close with one less at 63 scored.

So much for the myth we have a shocking defensive record. doh

Wes/Gost/Bell
Tav Wilson Kiernan Wallace - Ball to cover across the back 4
Zelalem/Law/Holt/Halliday/Thompson/Forrester/Shiels/McLeod - Pick 3, and 5 as cover (Halliday to cover LB too??)
King/Miller/McKay/Waghorn/Hardie/Clark/Temps(towards end??) - Pick 3 and 4 as cover

More than ample to win this league. (tu)

5 hours ago, cushynumber said:

I think we have more than enough.

Lots of forwards though - Miller, Wags, McKay, Ohalloran, Forrester, King. I wonder how MW is going to keep them all happy. However, we finally have good cover if something happens to Waghorn - recently I was shitting myself when he got tackled. I can see Forrester and Miller maybe playing a less prominent role in the run in.

But I really am starting to wonder what out starting line up and formation is going to be.

We most likely won't have one starting g line up.  Perhaps the boss has been reading RM and will have plans A, B and C depending on the opposition.  (tu)

37 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

We have the second best (League games) defensive record in Scottish football, only bettered by Dunfermline who have conceded 15 goals as opposed to our 16. Incidentally, we have scored more (League games) goals than any other team in Scotland and only the scum come close with one less at 63 scored.

So much for the myth we have a shocking defensive record. doh

The defensive record is not the point people are making, they don't have much to do in this league, but look clumsy, and vulnerable under pressure, for as much as Warburton has plenty of attacking players he has the very opposite in defensive players, going into the SPFL he will need to address the balance.

29 minutes ago, danger ranger said:

The defensive record is not the point people are making, they don't have much to do in this league, but look clumsy, and vulnerable under pressure, for as much as Warburton has plenty of attacking players he has the very opposite in defensive players, going into the SPFL he will need to address the balance.

They font have much to do in this league because most teams park the bus agsint Rangers.  That is something hich will not change dramatically in the spfl ( this is not exactly SeriA or LaLiga).  Three or our teams might 'give it a go' away from home but most will still have doubledeckers  at Ibrox.  After all this is Scottish football we are discussing.

29 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

They font have much to do in this league because most teams park the bus agsint Rangers.  That is something hich will not change dramatically in the spfl ( this is not exactly SeriA or LaLiga).  Three or our teams might 'give it a go' away from home but most will still have doubledeckers  at Ibrox.  After all this is Scottish football we are discussing.

The prem teams will have the exact same tactics against us. The difference is the top 6 will put away the chances that the teams in this league have been squandering. 

1 hour ago, danger ranger said:

If you read the post properly, I was clarifying a point made by poster,Camshy, who WAS making that point in his post that we have the; "best defence which is staggering considering how open we are"

Of course we will have to pick our defensive game up in a better League, but don't expect Mark Warburton to change the shape of his team in the top flight. He might have to buy another 2 defenders to compete with Kiernan and Wilson and also buy a dedicated defensive midfielder to give us more cover, but that will be as far as he goes, Warburton has confidence that Kiernan and Wilson will be able to handle anything in the top flight, so don't expect a lot of defensively minded players joining in the summer.

We will win this league. It's now about building  for the spfl ,  and midfield and forward wise , we've got a solid foundation. 

I don't  think we're there yet defensively for the next level , but hopefully MW will concentrate on that aspect in the summer transfer window in the way he did the attacking options in this one. 

9 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I agree.  I still think we'll win it but writing off Hibs and their signings just because you dislike them, which most are, is a mugs game.  Hibs are capable of pulling back five points.  If you think we cannot lose go bet your mortgage on it down the bookies.

So you think we can lose and hibs will win every game? That's what it's going to take for them 

12 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Probably right he offers more physically than Barry.  It's a nice dilemma or the manager to have.

This debate about who'll play wide and who'll play in the centre is a bit pointless when MW usually plays a front three who rotate between the positions.  The new faces like Ohalloran and King very much fit that approach