Rangers being investigated for unacceptable songs

JCDBigBear

With the overreaction to the singing at the game against the Edinburgh green team, can you imagine the uproar if there were 6 serious assaults, 36 petty assaults, 11 crimes of threatening behaviour, 118 thefts and 266 drug offences at a full Ibrox?  No it wasn't at Ibrox, it was at T in the Park 2015.  No uproar but the SNP did give the organisers £150k.     You couldn't make this up.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Maybe we should stop singing and just kick the fuck out of the away fans.

Just a thought :box:

The seem to be covering that angle as well:

Karyn McCluskey joins SPFL Board

Monday 1st February 2016

image: http://spfl.co.uk/docs/067_324__karynmccluskeyphoto_1454318138_standard.jpg

The SPFL has today announced that Karyn McCluskey has been appointed to its Board in a non-executive director role.

Karyn, director with the Scottish Violence Reduction Unit, takes up the unpaid post with immediate effect and will be performing the role in her own time. She joins the SPFL Board currently comprising chief executive Neil Doncaster, chairman Ralph Topping, Eric Riley (Celtic), Stephen Thompson (Dundee United), Duncan Fraser (Aberdeen), Eric Drysdale (Raith Rovers), Mike Mulraney (Alloa Athletic) and Ken Ferguson (Brechin City).

As well as her current position, Karyn has also worked in the National Health Service and Her Majesty's Prisons, as well as in Africa. She has a BSc and MSc in Psychology, is an Honorary Lecturer at the University of Glasgow and a Fellow by distinction of the Faculty of Public Health.

On her appointment to the role Karyn said: “I'm so delighted to have this opportunity to play a part in the SPFL. I work with hundreds of children, many of whom love playing and watching football; their lives are often shaped by what they see on the pitch.

"I want them to be able to go to watch a game and, win or lose, know that sport is a great thing to take part in and watch. So I have accepted this role on their behalf. My wish is that we allow them to remain children as long as possible free from racism, sexism and violence in every area of their lives. I hope we can enable them to enjoy becoming the next players and supporters of football clubs over the coming decades.

“I don't own a football club or claim any expert knowledge about the game itself, what I do know about is changing behaviour for the better. I've worked in reducing all forms of violence across Scotland for nearly 11 years. I know what damage a small number of people can cause. I know it's serious. But football has been transformed from where it was decades ago, thanks to everyone's efforts.

"I think we often forget just how much has been achieved. I hope I can help play my part in those ongoing efforts to ensure success in the coming decades. We need to focus on the assets we have in Scotland.  Let's be proud of the progress that's been made but never be complacent that it's enough.”

SPFL chairman Ralph Topping added: “We are delighted to welcome Karyn to the Board as an independent director. 

“Karyn brings with her a wide range of skills, experience and expertise, together with a strong independent mind set. Her time in the public sector has seen her work closely with government and in many communities in Scotland, which we believe will be of benefit to the SPFL Board and our member clubs across a wide range of current and future activities.”

Read more at http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/karyn-mccluskey-joins-spfl-board/#vvGWMk5lgLlDjfTO.99

5 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Either / or?  When I was a teenager we used to sing what we wanted AND KICK fuck out the opposition fans.  Bring back the old days.

Those were the days

"you're gonna get your fuckin heads kicked in"

At least we let them know what was going to happen before it did.

2 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Those were the days

"you're gonna get your fuckin heads kicked in"

At least we let them know what was going to happen before it did.

Aye, "we don't carry weapons, we don't carry lead, we only carry hatchets, to bury in your head".