Rangers boss Mark Warburton: January transfer business was satisfying but I want another six summer signings

LeeWallaceRFC

RANGERS have completed the signing of Michael O'Halloran on a four and a half year deal

MARK WARBURTON last night landed his top target Michael O’Halloran.

And he insisted his Rangers revolution will really kick into gear in the summer when up to six new signings will arrive.

The Ibrox manager is adamant he got what he wanted from the transfer window after finally signing O’Halloran from St Johnstone in a four-year deal that cost them £450,000.

And while he admitted the saga dragged on longer than he would’ve wanted, Warburton made it clear he is on the same page as chairman Dave King when it comes to transfers.

He said: “I’ve always said we wanted one or two in.

“Harry Forrester has come in. Maciej Gostomski has come in for keeper cover to push Cammy Bell and Wes Foderingham.

“The Accrington boys, Josh Windass and Matt Crooks, are good business for the summer and we got the boys in we wanted.

“I’ve always said one or two. The chairman said he thinks we need five new players but he didn’t say in January.

“I agree with him and in the summer I will be looking to add at least another four to six players to the squad.”

Warburton will put O’Halloran straight into the squad for tonight’s league clash with Raith Rovers at Stark’s Park and admitted he was delighted to finally get his man.

He added: “It took time to get everything sorted and these things do take time sometimes but he’ll be a good addition.

“He brings maturity. I know at 24 or 25 that sounds absurd but we’re a young team.

“It was more drawn out than we expected but we got the player and it had to be value for the club and right for St Johnstone.”

Warburton denied Rangers were prepared to make Nicky Law part of the O’Halloran deal.

He said: “Nicky has started five of the last six games for us so I was amazed to see those comments about him.

“He’s out of contract in the summer and he’s fighting for a new one.”

http://www.<No links to this website>/sport/football/football-transfer-news/rangers-boss-mark-warburton-january-7290237?#mBvMSWpP0mxMEusr.97

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

guess that means no ones contract is getting renewed. Ball, Zelalem, Law, Shiels, Temps, Gostomski? That's 6 Any others? I think we will sign King

Think you could add Calamity to the list as well.Only trouble being is his salary not sure exactly how much he is on and regardless of what it is im doubtful if many spl clubs could pay it but don't think he has any long term future at the Gers

2 minutes ago, sammy cox said:

Think you could add Calamity to the list as well.Only trouble being is his salary not sure exactly how much he is on and regardless of what it is im doubtful if many spl clubs could pay it but don't think he has any long term future at the Gers

something makes me think that Warburton likes him, dont know why though. I reckon in the summer we will sign a centre half, right back, defensive mid, centre mid striker and goalkeeper.

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Then we're fucked. 

What makes you say that.We have already had this discussion about 12.5 million pounds worth of players.Do tell me how much did Ross County spend?. Before you say it was a one off game every game is a one off as MW says himself one game at a time get it out the way and move on.To win any league you need consistency.If the sheep had showed any kind of consistency they would have pulled clear of the scum weeks ago and how many millions have they spent?.

7 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

guess that means no ones contract is getting renewed. Ball, Zelalem, Law, Shiels, Temps, Gostomski? That's 6 Any others? I think we will sign King

He said he is looking to ADD another four to six players to the squad. I would hazard to guess that if the above go, we are looking at 6 plus in.

Just now, sammy cox said:

What makes you say that.We have already had this discussion about 12.5 million pounds worth of players.Do tell me how much did Ross County spend?. Before you say it was a one off game every game is a one off as MW says himself one game at a time get it out the way and move on.To win any league you need consistency.If the sheep had showed any kind of consistency they would have pulled clear of the scum weeks ago and how many millions have they spent?.

If we've already had this discussion then I don't need to explain again 

that line of thought of yours is simplistic and idiotic 

we need real investment - not the odd 500k here and there 

6 more signings that will fight for 1st team positions or walk in to the first team and cause any of our current team to fight tooth and nail for there spot back and we're in a strong position.

We're in the middle of the blue revolution, and it's being done the right way this time.

3 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

something makes me think that Warburton likes him, dont know why though. I reckon in the summer we will sign a centre half, right back, defensive mid, centre mid striker and goalkeeper.

Perhaps he does but no one really knows.Just cant see Calamity ousting fod out of the position given the system and style we play.

3 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

He said he is looking to ADD another four to six players to the squad. I would hazard to guess that if the above go, we are looking at 6 plus in.

I doubt it as if you include the two Accrington lads our squad would be too bloated for Warburtons style. I think his optimum sort of size is 23/24 players.

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

If we've already had this discussion then I don't need to explain again 

that line of thought of yours is simplistic and idiotic 

we need real investment - not the odd 500k here and there 

Simplistic and idiotic.Well for someone who thinks that 12.5 million is going to be spent on 4/5 players in the summer I think you have to be thinking who is simplistic and idiotic.Perhaps unlike yourself MW knows we don't need to spend anywhere near 12 million to beat teams put together for 2 bob,such giants as ICT,Motherwell,Hamilton etc etc but then again he could be simplistic and idiotic as well.Just a thought and do tell me where this 10 million plus is going to come from and the wages to pay these 2.5 million pound players.

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Why do people on here plug figures out of thin air?

12m this 12m that :lol: 

It was a figure quoted by someone on a previous thread that we would have to bring in 4/5 players in the 2.5 million price bracket to compete with and beat the scum next season.

The scum are pish and will only get worse.

What is it people dont understand about the fact that they are fucked financially and would be anyway even if we hadn't been relegated.

3 years of euro money and selling players for decent fees and they still finish the season 5 million down.......with a debt repayment due to start in May of this year.

We have to be shrewd in the summer no doubt but there is no way we should need to spend upwards of 10 million on transfers.

i'd be hapy with 5 players in the same mould as Tav,Waggy,Holt,Halliday etc.

£500k per player maybe more if pushed but at this moment in time spending £2m etc is just stupidity..We need to realise that we are now a stepping stone to bigger things down south or a place to toughen up young players for a move to the EPL or Championship.

We cannot compete with the wages of even Blackburn now..That shite are throwing money at nobodies in a panic at us coming up next season and to appease their gypsies.We don't need to do that.MW has got it running perfectly.