Wes Foderingham: Rob Kiernan, Dom Ball and Danny Wilson are unsung heroes - they've been fantastic all season

LeeWallaceRFC

Rangers goalkeeper Wes Foderingham rates Rob Kiernan, Dominic Ball and Danny Wilson highly.

Rangers goalkeeper Wes Foderingham has spoken highly of three of his teammates on the club’s official website.

Foderingham has highlighted the importance of defenders Dominic Ball - on loan from Tottenham Hotspur - Rob Kieran and Danny Wilson, and has described the trio as unsung heroes.

“I think the whole defence doesn’t really get the credit it deserves sometimes because we are scoring a lot of goals and the boys up front are taking all the plaudits,” the 25-year-old told Rangers’ official website.

“But Rob Kiernan, Dom Ball, Danny Wilson have been fantastic all season. they are unsung heroes at times and today, when we needed to defend, they done very well.”

Rangers are an attacking team, but defensively they have been superb so far this season. Mark Warburton’s side have conceded just 16 goals in 22 Scottish Championshipgames this campaign.

It is a key reason why the Gers are doing so well and are favourites to win the league title. Rangers are at the top of the league table at the moment with 56 points from 22 games.

The Glasgow giants, who play their home games at Ibrox, are eight points clear of second-placed Hibernian, who have a game in hand.

Rangers will return to action this evening when they take on Raith Rovers away from home at Stark's Park in the Scottish Championship.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/02/02/rangers-goalkeeper-wes-foderingham-names-three-unsung-ibrox-team/?

4 minutes ago, The Monk said:

It is impressive for the most attacking team in Scotland to boast such a good defensive record, I think the main reason they look vulnerable is because we play a system that leaves defenders vulnerable but evidently it`s well worth the risk. 

At this moment and this league, wait until we are facing stronger teams, and I don't mean 80% of the SPFL We need to be winners that sorts out the men from the boys. 

12 minutes ago, RangersMind said:

Hahahahahahahhahahaha, I was one of the only people saying Wilson is not poor and this proves it to naysayers.

Fucking hell you sound almost like my missus,told you so etc.....

'Mon over so i can pat your back you clever person.

6 minutes ago, MasterD said:

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/article/439/8336589/mcculloch-full-of-praise-for-kyle

Lee McCulloch praises Kevin Kyle. That just proves how good Kyle was and everyone that thinks he was shit is wrong.

Rangersmind logic

No mate, the poor logic you posted would be that, if any player is ever praised by a team mate - they're not poor. It's far too broad, I've never praised Kyle or Sandaza etc, you could have posted that about anyone.

My logic was, what Foderingham said proved right what I already said. 

4 minutes ago, RangersMind said:

No mate, the poor logic you posted would be that, if any player is ever praised by a team mate - they're not poor. It's far too broad, I've never praised Kyle or Sandaza etc, you could have posted that about anyone.

My logic was, what Foderingham said proved right what I already said. 

Proved he has an opinion.  No more no less.

I like big Kiernan, think hes been relatively solid so far and seems to be improving. Remembering that he hasn't played a lot of regular first team football Im pretty happy with him so far. 

Ball has been impressive imo. He doesn't play with the same regularity as the other 2 who are clearly the 1st choice pairing right now. He's played with both sporadically but so far I think he's played at a good level almost every time he's played even when filling in at full back.  Added to that his ability to fill in at cdm whether as sub or from the start and I think it's clear he has real potential. 

Wilson imo has been the least impressive of the 3. As a player with plenty experience he still seems too make to many mistakes. My biggest problem with him so far this season though is his distribution, especially when he's playing mid range passes from the half way line Into the forwards. In saying that I still think he's had some good performances and with a more experienced dcm in front of him or the back four in general I think we would see a big improvement in what has already been a very effective defense. 

2 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Pretty good way to cause unnecessary conflicts

The guy I originally quoted said because Wes said Wilson was an unsung hero had proved him right and people who disagreed were wrong. Just saying because he said it doesn't mean he actually is.