Houston Dynamo summer friendly

K.A.I

May be wrong but I think I read somewhere that the gaffer wasn't happy about the new league cup format as it would get in the way of a possible trip to the states?

I could just as easily have imagined that though.

2 minutes ago, Sket said:

May be wrong but I think I read somewhere that the gaffer wasn't happy about the new league cup format as it would get in the way of a possible trip to the states?

Sounds about right that's why I was surprised when I heard as I didn't think USA would have been his style, even in late June

but it's came from some good sources so was curious 

16 minutes ago, Sket said:

I think the precedent has already been set that you can cancel any game you fancy to fly off for friendlies

9 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Summer in Houston is bloody hot and escessively humid, not sure it would be an ideal preparation.

We've done Los Angeles, Dubai, Sydney, Miami and South Africa in recent years on breaks in searing temperatures 

but aye it's not the type of place I'd have thought, either 

On 2/2/2016 at 1:13 PM, K.A.I said:

If it's true then you get the BBQ on for us after the game :D

'tis true - the easiest place on earth to stick to a low-carb diet!

I don't have a smoker, so need to "put up" with going to Rudy's, Mueller's and Franklin's! I do my own grillin' though!

On 2 February 2016 at 10:44 PM, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

I remember we played a game against LA Galaxy straight after the last game of the season, in 2007/8?? 

Your right, I went over for that game , players came into the boozers and watched the champions league final. Think Milan beat Liverpool that day. 

On 2 February 2016 at 6:05 PM, K.A.I said:

A few of my mates were talking about this on Sunday a potential pre-season friendly in Texas - has anyone else heard about this and can put a bit more meat on the bones? 

I'd be a bit surprised tbh. The Copa America is on over the summer in the States (including games in Houston), Arsenal are heading over, there's the MLS All-Star game and domestic fixtures ongoing as well I don't see where it would fit in or be a big enough draw to warrant it. 

Not to mention the heat in Houston in the middle of summer.

On Tuesday, February 02, 2016 at 7:13 PM, K.A.I said:

If it's true then you get the BBQ on for us after the game :D

Mines a t-bone dynamite my old son.think you are gonna have to stock up on steak, or just buy a whole bull and I'll bone it out for ye .we are coming to texts ha ha ha.

No Surrender

Rab

Warburton has experience of actually living in America going by his Wikipedia

"After leaving Enfield in 1985, Warburton later played for Isthmian League side Boreham Wood and also spent time playing in Charlotte and Chicago men's leagues while living in the United States.[6][10] Cruciate injuries ended his playing career.[11]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Warburton