Waghorn

bluenosebrad

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For a guy who hasn't played a lot of football consecutively he has had a lot of minutes this season for us.

He has looked lethargic in the last couple of games and could do with a rest i think.

The problem up until now is that we lacked adequate quality cover.

He's had two poor games in a row, it's not the end of the world, give him a break ffs. As others have said its perfectly natural even the best footballers have dips in form! he had one earlier in the season aswell, it only lasted about 3 games but it's completely forgotten about.

He was still running about mental against Falkirk in the 80th minute onwards, and same again last night against RR. At one point, with not long to go, he was still trying to chase down the ball that was being played by their keeper to their defender and another defender (in a triangle). 

Not everyone in the team was doing this... 90 minutes of giving 100%

By going off the boil, i take it you mean he hasnt scored.. He brings so many other things to the game that Im not really that concerned. Some of his passing and vision is just first class. 

Another thing..Pitches have been dreadful and dont help a team like ours that wants to pass it on the ground. 

1 minute ago, johanhentze said:

By going off the boil, i take it you mean he hasnt scored.. He brings so many other things to the game that Im not really that concerned. Some of his passing and vision is just first class. 

Another thing..Pitches have been dreadful and dont help a team like ours that wants to pass it on the ground. 

That was clearly the case last night. 

5 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Correct, Thats the reason I ask is it the pitch thats making his style of play seem hes gone of the boil or is down to what other say a rest would do him a world of good?

He was honking last night, that corner he tried to chip to the edge of the box nearly ended up in Edinburgh :D !

I don't worry about his form though as he will be back to normal in a few weeks, probably Saturday !

27 minutes ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

He's had two poor games in a row, it's not the end of the world, give him a break ffs. As others have said its perfectly natural even the best footballers have dips in form! he had one earlier in the season aswell, it only lasted about 3 games but it's completely forgotten about.

I don't think anybody is really giving him a hard time mate,if they are they deserve a slap!

Waggy has been a first class signing and i think next year he will be even better with a full season behind him and better pitches/more time on ball against slightly less packed defences.

He is a great pro and gives 100% every game,the Dumbarton game away 5 or 6-0 up in 88th minute and he's hounding their keeper at a back pass!

1 minute ago, allgers said:

Watching the highlights I think it would be fair to say that Waggy could have had a hat trick easily, the attempts on goal were made just that bit of luck was needed. Anyway if you score one or six it's the same three points.

The only problem with highlights is that they don't show all the other moments that Waghorn ran about after the ball, or ran into space, or anticipated an early ball in behind the defenders... only for a pass from Mackay or Miller to "not beat the first defender", or the tippy-tappy one-touch play to break down. 

He also does better when you have the advancing Holt playing in behind... but injuries are just something that have to be dealt with. 

a rest FFS, the guy is a professional athlete playing 90 minutes once or twice in 7 days. Davie Weir was one of the oldest players that played in a Rangers team that had games on top of games in 2008 due to our UEFA and cup runs, i don't recall any of the players at the time "needing a rest".

his work rate is tremendous.

1 minute ago, Ryju84 said:

The only problem with highlights is that they don't show all the other moments that Waghorn ran about after the ball, or ran into space, or anticipated an early ball in behind the defenders... only for a pass from Mackay or Miller to "not beat the first defender", or the tippy-tappy one-touch play to break down. 

He also does better when you have the advancing Holt playing in behind... but injuries are just something that have to be dealt with. 

Said it before can't think of anyone in Scottish football I would replace him with, he puts a shift in.

This is probably his 1 st season in a while he's played so many games it's bound to catch up with him sooner or later 

pretty sure commentator saying he got a knock in the 1st minute which might also have hampered him. 

Hes done a great job for us so far 

30 minutes ago, Ryju84 said:

Thats a good point or is it just the fact that since Holts been injured that its made life a little harder for Waghorn to bring his A game?