Waghorn

bluenosebrad

30 minutes ago, Smile said:

He should have been hooked last night he could even control a simple ball, he's not the same player without Holt in the side. he needs a rest as he looks like he's ran out of steam.

I would say that the pitch plays a big part in him not being able to control a ball. McKay had the same problem.. both have excellent technique.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that the Scottish ploughed fields of winter football do not just hamper Waghorn but others in our team. They do not suit our style. However, next season we should have better pitches to play on. Maybe we ought to rotate a bit against the "smaller" teams now that we have better cover. Every player needs a chance to recharge the batteries. I don't think anyone is doubting his commitment or ability or even his fitness; just that he needs a rest.

2 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

I would say that the pitch plays a big part in him not being able to control a ball. McKay had the same problem.. both have excellent technique.

Tiredness more than technique, i think he could have been rested this game.Shiels had no problem controlling the ball.

2 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Im sure that tiredness plays a big part as well, but I definitely stand by the point of the pitch being poor and being a factor.

I think we could have rested him this game as King and O halloran cant play saturdays game would give him a wee break as he'splayed more football than he's used to and does to me look tired.

6 minutes ago, Smile said:

I think we could have rested him this game as King and O halloran cant play saturdays game would give him a wee break as he'splayed more football than he's used to and does to me look tired.

I  know King is cup tied but not sure O'Halloran is, I cant see him on the teamsheets for any of the cup games except the league cup that hivs beat them.

With Miller playing more regularly of late Waghorn has been sacrificed somewhat for the betterment of the team and as such he's doing a lot more work that goes unnoticed IMO and seems to be even more wide than usual at times. At times he's looked frustrated but pitches, conditions, form, pitch geography etc have all played a part.

Never hides, always looks for the ball, never gives up and is always a threat. Will be interesting to see where he plays now the new boys have come in.

Just now, Laudrup1984 said:

With Miller playing more regularly of late Waghorn has been sacrificed somewhat for the betterment of the team and as such he's doing a lot more work that goes unnoticed IMO and seems to be even more wide than usual at times. At times he's looked frustrated but pitches, conditions, form, pitch geography etc have all played a part.

Never hides, always looks for the ball, never gives up and is always a threat. Will be interesting to see where he plays now the new boys have come in.

Miller been playing well lately " and i was one saying he shouldn't get a new contract" he just needing to take more shots, as last night he done well go up to goal but passed it off rather than take the shot on.

As you say it does force Waghorn out wide and he's not as effective from there.

1 minute ago, Smile said:

Miller been playing well lately " and i was one saying he shouldn't get a new contract" he just needing to take more shots, as last night he done well go up to goal but passed it off rather than take the shot on.

As you say it does force Waghorn out wide and he's not as effective from there.

Agreed. You can't drop Miller just now as he's playing well, quite surprisingly so on such a consistent basis which has been a real bonus. But as a result it doesn't quite bring the best out of Waghorn. He still has an impact but not at the same level.

With King, O Halloran and Forrester now on board maybe a game off for Waghorn could freshen him up although Miller will surely need a rest soon too. His legs must be running on empty! Fair play to him!

57 minutes ago, bluenosebrad said:

Thats a good point or is it just the fact that since Holts been injured that its made life a little harder for Waghorn to bring his A game?

I think Holt and Waghorn are just good at linking together. They are two straight-forward, no nonsense, run into space players... 

Stealth - striker has not scored for a few games he is shite thread - until he scores again!

He seems to be one of the hardest working playesr in a team of grafters, and still chasing down balls with full gusto at the end of games. Threads like this ....:power_of_anguish:

58 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Miller has played better than Waghorn the past three games..

Waghorns goalscoring record against the other 3 teams in top 4 is pitiful, tbqh

3 goals in 8 games, two of them penalties.

1 minute ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Stealth - striker has not scored for a few games he is shite thread - until he scores again!

He seems to be one of the hardest working playesr in a team of grafters, and still chasing down balls with full gusto at the end of games. Threads like this ....:power_of_anguish:

and in pops the BP with boxing gloves on. Read the thread no ones saying he shit if anything a lot on here seem to think hes tired and the pitches in the mess they are along with the lose of Holt has effected his his game.

2 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

stealth- look at me post,not one person saying he's shite ya prick only that he's been off for a couple of weeks and could maybe be doing with a rest but you just turn it to have a pop at fellow bears(if you even are one) that's what you're good at

2 hours ago, 6superbarry6 said:

stealth- look at me post,not one person saying he's shite ya prick only that he's been off for a couple of weeks and could maybe be doing with a rest but you just turn it to have a pop at fellow bears(if you even are one) that's what you're good at

Lol it's that attitude that makes it hard for us to back youth - no fucking patience - he has not scored but his energy levels are great - his movement great but up pops the negative thread merchants! 

7 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Lol it's that attitude that makes it hard for us to back youth - no fucking patience - he has not scored but his energy levels are great - his movement great but up pops the negative thread merchants! 

He's 26 so that makes no sense. he was poor last night and poor the last game and looks tired, you seem to be over- dramatizing this.

3 hours ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Agreed. You can't drop Miller just now as he's playing well, quite surprisingly so on such a consistent basis which has been a real bonus. But as a result it doesn't quite bring the best out of Waghorn. He still has an impact but not at the same level.

With King, O Halloran and Forrester now on board maybe a game off for Waghorn could freshen him up although Miller will surely need a rest soon too. His legs must be running on empty! Fair play to him!

I was really surprised when he came off as he looked the most likely player to get a goal, he did really well last night some of the midfield are needing to spot his runs quicker.