*****The Official Rangers v Kilmarnock Match Thread*****

PromDeAnglais

2 minutes ago, ronniemca said:

Don't think you can argue that the effect of failure to get promotion would be devastating .even the chairman said so at the agm.

True but Rangers expect to win every competition we enter. That's what makes us Rangers.

1 hour ago, ronniemca said:

Don't give a fuck for the Scottish cup this season tbh.we can't afford any distraction from what is the most important target in the clubs history.we are not going to win it anyway and it only gives us more games for players to risk injury and take their eye off the ball.

Its a bonus cup the important thing as you say is to win the league.

8 minutes ago, Smile said:

Its a bonus cup the important thing as you say is to win the league.

It's a good bonus mate, considering we would be in the Europa next season if we win it. Warbs and the team want to win every single match, every tournament we're in, winning the SC won't be low down the priority list mate, pending if we do it or not this season.

Not too worried about our line up,  as I think we'll be too strong regardless,  especially if we raise the tempo in front of a packed Ibrox. 

No harm to Kilmarnock,  they are far from the worst rodents in the SPL,  but would love to see us give them a doin.. Send out a message. 

Sorry Jig,  you just happened to be in our way mate. 

5 hours ago, ronniemca said:

Don't think you can argue that the effect of failure to get promotion would be devastating .even the chairman said so at the agm.

Promotion, Scottish cup is not an either/or scenario and there is no reason we cannot do both.  Even a cup final slot may be enough to get us into Europe the benefits of which have been highlighted by SB6.

36 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Promotion, Scottish cup is not an either/or scenario and there is no reason we cannot do both.  Even a cup final slot may be enough to get us into Europe the benefits of which have been highlighted by SB6.

You have to win the Scottish cup to get a Europa league place. Been the case for a few years now.

I reckon this will be a good test of our back line at set pieces... we know from time at ours (if Boyd and/or Jig play) that they know how to get in to good positions on dead balls and jig does have some physical presence in the box. No silly fouls in our half thanks!

1 minute ago, desman75 said:

I reckon this will be a good test of our back line at set pieces... we know from time at ours (if Boyd and/or Jig play) that they know how to get in to good positions on dead balls and jig does have some physical presence in the box. No silly fouls in our half thanks!

Yeah it'll be a good test for Kiernan, Wilson and Ball. I don't think they've had to deal with a physically built forward that could force his way in

13 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Yeah it'll be a good test for Kiernan, Wilson and Ball. I don't think they've had to deal with a physically built forward that could force his way in

Fod will be tested too. He needs to command the box at every set piece - like he has been doing so far. 

Jig will manhandle whichever player is set up to mark him at corners. 

4 hours ago, B1872 said:

What are we looking at attendance wise?

4 hours ago, No.12 said:

<30k

I don't understand why games like this don't sell out. Am I wrong in thinking that this is a big game? We can sell out games against Livi and Alloa but not against a team the division above us. The fact that its not a league game and also on the telly should not be an excuse. Its our best chance to win the cup in years in my opinion.