*****The Official Rangers v Kilmarnock Match Thread*****

PromDeAnglais

20 minutes ago, Dutchy said:

Halliday is 12/1 for first scorer with Ladbrokes, which is not bad. Even better when you see that Clark is 5/1, Hardie 6/1 and Forrester 15/2.

Halliday's 4/1 anytime scorer.

I think I might take a chance on 5-1 to us as even though Killie have been getting beaten, they still manage to score in a lot of games and I'm sure they'll be keen to have a go against us on Saturday, in front of the cameras.

What's the odds of Kiernan scoring? Think he's due a lucky goal, 3rd goal of his career 

9 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

What's the odds of Kiernan scoring? Think he's due a lucky goal, 3rd goal of his career 

Put your money on Wallace FGS - with the way Kilmarnock's defence opens up, I think he's got a better chance. 

I know I didn't answer your question... :541:

8 minutes ago, Ryju84 said:

Put your money on Wallace FGS - with the way Kilmarnock's defence opens up, I think he's got a better chance. 

I know I didn't answer your question... :541:

It's all good mate haha, Wallace would be the smart choice anyways if I'm wanting money back.

God help you if Kiernan gets a hat trick though :000000082:

EDIT: Also, PP has him at 33/1 for first goalscorer and 10/1 for anytime

3 hours ago, RFCRobertson said:

Strangely enough he's not even mentioned in the sheet I picked up today.

The highest for 1st scorer is 40/1, and anytime scorer 10/1, so you should get better than that at the shop!

1 hour ago, Creampuff said:

I'm 99% sure Holt will be fit. 

Warburton said he was back in training before the game midweek and I'd imagine his non-selection was caution above anything else.

The 'official' site says he's fit so I'd at least expect him to be in the squad.

Back four and front 3 will probably pick themselves...only real question is who starts alongside Halliday and Holt (if fit).

I think Ball in beside Andy & Jason would be immense. This just isn't the kind of game for gambling on Zelalem deciding to have a good day or not.

Wes

Tav Wilson Kiernan Wallace

Halliday Ball Holt

Wagghorn Miller McKay

3 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

Back four and front 3 will probably pick themselves...only real question is who starts alongside Halliday and Holt (if fit).

I think Ball in beside Andy & Jason would be immense. This just isn't the kind of game for gambling on Zelalem deciding to have a good day or not.

Wes

Tav Wilson Kiernan Wallace

Halliday Ball Holt

Wagghorn Miller McKay

I think Zel would flourish against their weak defense. He'd punish any gaps they leave. I'd expect him to assist a couple of goals and maybe score too.

2 minutes ago, The Tavernator said:

I think Zel would flourish against their weak defense. He'd punish any gaps they leave. I'd expect him to assist a couple of goals and maybe score too.

Maybe, but I've yet to hear/read anyone saying that he's really imposed himself on a game and made telling passes.

I only have the game v's St Johnston to draw a comparison with. He was easily brushed off the ball in that game and could barely stay on his feet. The term 'Bambi on Ice' sprang to mind. This will be a physical encounter and Killie just simply won't give him time in midfield to settle. He's our weak link in midfield, and they will have spotted that already. Ball is a far better option to try & keep Macgennis quiet.

Feel we will win this one quite convincingly. Kilmarnocks main aim this season are avoiding the bottom 2..anything in the cup is a bonus and they don't have much to lose so we might see them going for it and leaving gaps for us to exploit. 

Be good to see Holt back as his movement will cause them all sorts of problems. 3-0 Rangers. 

9 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

Two up at half time Waghorn then Holt (If playing) or Millar.

Another two late in the second half 75th minute onwards, Wallace then Halliday.

Optimistic loyal OK.

:uk:

I've been looking at win both halves 15/8, but I don't think it'll be a goalfest. Mibbe 1 up at HT and finish 2-0.