*****The Official Rangers v Kilmarnock Match Thread*****

PromDeAnglais

1 hour ago, IbroxBurnzy said:

Where did I say that?Kilmarnock are one of the worst teams in the top league and we're making this far harder than it should be so excuse me if I think beating Killie at our home ground is too much to ask for.

Or are our standards now that low we shouldn't expect to beat teams like this?

our  standards are low, until we get the significant investment we were promised then Kilmarnock st Johnstone etc are our level.

its that simple 

Waggy does not seem to be feeling the heat of competition from the Jan signings.   Wingers a-plenty but out and out goal scorers they are not.  Converting possession and chances (and half-chances) into goals are what matters and that for a few weeks now has been a struggle.   Who pushes Waggy for competition - is it Clarke we will be relying on for the rest of the season?   League games are a different (and vastly more important) matter and Waggy will doubtless be first choice - but I wonder if Clarke will get the nod for starting slot in the replay to put Waggy on his toes a bit more.

Or..........wonder if MW's plans is not to bother with centre forwards and just flood the team with fast players who can play the 7.8.10,11 slots and see what that produces.   Who knows - only MW will know what he has in mind for the way we play for the rest of this season.   Sure as fuck is frustrating though that we can't beat a team as piss-poor as Kilmarnock at Ibrox even if they did come to avoid losing

I have got to say, even although I would have liked us to win, I enjoyed that. We totally dominated a team that put out St Johnstone in the last round and have also held Septic to two goaless draws. We had strength in depth to deal with Kiernan coming off and if anything we carved out better chances in the final 20 mins with the consequent changes.

That was a pretty poor display against an even poorer team. I'm glad we weren't playing a decent team or we would be out on our collective arse! If we are to win this replay then a number of our players need to learn very quickly how to pass to members of our own team; how to beat an opposing player and how to finish. Just glad we weren't facing the Scum (sad team that they are).

In the top-tier we'll constantly be up against teams who sit back and counter attack.  We need more quality in this team for next year and I'm pretty sure we'll get it.  The board will provide money and we'll be getting several players out the door too.  We need to wait until the start of next season and see where we are then.

Just now, cushynumber said:

To be honest I never expected a premiership team to come and park the bus to that extent.

after a poor first half we showed we are the better team by some way. 

The negativity on the box with this result amazes me.

The fact that they're happy with the result and we are disappointed yet in the division below tells it all 

6 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

our  standards are low, until we get the significant investment we were promised then Kilmarnock st Johnstone etc are our level.

its that simple 

You're a fool Al. A damn fool.

Stick to posting mcmurdo blogs, that's more your level.

3 minutes ago, JCS said:

That was a pretty poor display against an even poorer team. I'm glad we weren't playing a decent team or we would be out on our collective arse! If we are to win this replay then a number of our players need to learn very quickly how to pass to members of our own team; how to beat an opposing player and how to finish. Just glad we weren't facing the Scum (sad team that they are).

You are talking oot o yer hole. We were not that bad and certainly the tims would not Park the bus.