*****The Official Rangers v Kilmarnock Match Thread*****

PromDeAnglais

1 minute ago, Moody Blue said:

The fact that they're happy with the result and we are disappointed yet in the division below tells it all 

They don't have a manager so they will be happy but it shows that our present squad will have trouble with any teams that can defend and are confident on the break.

On that showing today we were the Premiership side, we just need something different up front and stop trying to pass the ball into the net.

Hopefully the boss has some ideas for the return.

2 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

Any news on Kiernan? His injury is a worry.

Ball will drop back, which suits me. IMO we were better with Halliday in there and Ball is not a long term option in midfield.

Big Rob will be a miss though, hopefully nothing serious.

1 minute ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

They don't have a manager so they will be happy but it shows that our present squad will have trouble with any teams that can defend and are confident on the break.

On that showing today we were the Premiership side, we just need something different up front and stop trying to pass the ball into the net.

Hopefully the boss has some ideas for the return.

Extra quality in the last third needed 

3 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

In the top-tier we'll constantly be up against teams who sit back and counter attack.  We need more quality in this team for next year and I'm pretty sure we'll get it.  The board will provide money and we'll be getting several players out the door too.  We need to wait until the start of next season and see where we are then.

This is a concern of mine as well, especially concerning Waghorn. I feel he is neither a 'true' winger or an an SPL winning lone striker. However, I absolutely love this style of play as we don't ever seem to look beaten (learning from the St Johnstone and Falkirk games) at any point.

6 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Just watching the replays, shouldn't have been a red card, got the ball

Behave. Stonewall red card. It doesn't matter if he got the ball, the intent was to hurt. It was only avoided by our player holding his leg back 

Good experience for the lads to have a Premiership Team parking the bus, as this is what will happen all next season. We need to take our chances, so off to the training ground and more practice in front of goal. The comeback is well on track.

3 hours ago, The Monk said:

Looking at that Kilmarnock team I honestly think they`d struggle to finish 3rd in this league, cup games are always a bit different though

Holt needs to be kept safe in bubble wrap in between games, offensively we are a different side with him in the team.

Waghorn misfired the whole game, just wondering if maybe he is carrying an injury, definitely out of sorts.

Forrester got some more game time and while not a great performance its a step in the right direction for him.

1st game this season we haven't scored,and how unlucky that was. Hit the woodwork twice,couple of top drawer saves from their keeper,just one of those days. Hope Rob Keirnan's OK for the replay,we'll miss him at the back.Good to see Holt back,although he went quiet after he got booked.Poor day for MacKay and Waggy but that's footie.