*****The Official Rangers v Kilmarnock Match Thread*****

PromDeAnglais

21 minutes ago, No.12 said:

Unreal.

Screenshot_2016-02-06-14-21-49-1.png

Definitely think we need a more clinical striker as the shooting today was woeful, it normally is but we just create that many chances to score that we do eventually score a lot of goals, however we wont get that much possesion or shots against the top 3 so we would need to be more clinical.

I thought Keirnan especially in the second half was brilliant against a real handful in Maggenis.outmuscled him outpaced him at times and defended well.

wilson aswell is getting better game by game and if he tightens up his distribution he will be s great signing .

Tav wasn't great today and the winger had his number.but as long as he learns then no harm done

2 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Am I alone in thinking that Waggie could do with a break ? He has lost a lot of his sharpness and perhaps a week just putting his feet up could refrsh the batteries.

Not sure if it's a break he needs or complacency. Either way, a couple of weeks out the team and he'll be itching to get back and do what he's good at.

Today, and this season, is a good learning curve for a new team like ours. more and more will "park the bus" against us so getting that extra quality in the last third will serve us very well. Apart from that, we don't have many complaints from today....one of those games that comes along and frustrates us all. They look a poor side and I'd imagine we'll go and dominate possession and take our chances in the replay.

While we've looked solid of late, it's also been met with the goals drying up a bit. I'd rotate the front three for next week's game and play King and O'Halloran up top along with AN Other

The first hour was dire, we were shite. Holt came on and completely changed the game, as did Law. 

We should've won but it was an overall poor game. 

If if we get promotion we need better players, both in the first team and on the bench ready to compete for next season. We'd be pushing for top half in the top league with this team, nothing more imo 

24 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Am I alone in thinking that Waggie could do with a break ? He has lost a lot of his sharpness and perhaps a week just putting his feet up could refrsh the batteries.

I'd leave him out next weekend and bring him back for the replay.

23 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

When is the replay?

Anyone think they might do better with a decent experienced manager? Or will they stick with Jig?

Cant see Jig having any other game plan.

A week on Tuesday I think Crocker said, but I might have misheard him. :unsure:

Going to Rugby Park holds no fear for us, we travel well, we also seem to score more away from home. I was going to say they will want to play more open football at home in front of their own fans but will they be playing in front of their own fans we usually outnumber them.

Law and Holt on from the start, get Forrester some more game time and see if he can provide an attacking option.

1 hour ago, Reformation Bear said:

29 minutes ago, siamthedanger said:

Between the St Johnstone game and Kilmarnock game Waghorn has been poor. Exactly why I am reserving judgement of him until next season. We need another striker massively. 

There's a phrase in another sport "flat track bully"

That sums up Waghorn so far

35 minutes ago, siamthedanger said:

Between the St Johnstone game and Kilmarnock game Waghorn has been poor. Exactly why I am reserving judgement of him until next season. We need another striker massively. 

I'm can't make up my mind about him, clearly he's no world beater, capable of scoring great goals but at the same time also looks like he could struggle to hit double figures from open play in the top division next season.

Hopefully when (if) we do go up this season, a few goals against that level of opposition might settle him down in front of goal and having better players around means we can afford to 'rest' him when things aren't going his way.