• Yes
    • No

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"When I was first offered this job my son showed me a clip of an Old Firm game at Ibrox on Youtube. He put it on his iPad - Penny Arcade and all that. You ask questions when there are options and, touch wood, you are fortunate to be offered various jobs and you have to make sure your decision making is right."

“He showed me that Penny Arcade, Rangers 3, Celtic 2, it lasted for eight minutes and he rammed it down my throat. We now use that with the players we are trying to sign. It’s a fantastic clip. I heard it at the start and did look around the stadium."

Without Penny Arcade who knows who'd be our manager...

Keep it. (tu)

1 hour ago, Rfc52 said:

No it shouldn't.

I like the club took it on board especially as many who have attended loyalist nights know what it is and why it's sung.

Fucking love it 

I never knew this. I always just thought it was one of those random songs that gets adopted by fans.

1 hour ago, Rfc52 said:

No it shouldn't.

I like the club took it on board especially as many who have attended loyalist nights know what it is and why it's sung.

Fucking love it 

Please expand. I was unawares as to any link for this? On a side note I would play penny arcade before simply the best then follow follow or blue sea of Ibrox when teams are out.

I just dont think the song does anything to get the blood pumping. Its a boring song. Liked it at first but i think its had its day.

Id like them to get someone to record a decent version of Follow Follow to play at the start, one with a good tempo that builds to get the fans riled up.

But if most want Penny Arcade to stay then id suggest they alternate songs, like mix up Simply The Best, Penny Arcade and maybe Follow Follow or some other song, then change it up each game so you never know what song will be played, would make a change from the same playlist every week. I usually wait till the last minute  get in because its boring waiting for kickoff in Ibrox.

Does anyone actually get excited when they hear Penny Arcade? I know the loyalist connotations and tbh i love that but the song just does nothing for me

36 minutes ago, BigDak said:

I never knew this. I always just thought it was one of those random songs that gets adopted by fans.

I always thought Ladbrokes got us to play it

5 minutes ago, BigDak said:

Whit?!

That's confused me even more than the loyalist link :)

Theyre trying to get Rangers fans to gamble, its a conspiracy i know it. Thats actually the real reason i wanted them to stop playing it but didnt want folk to think i was some radical

It was sang at the end of loyalist nights whilat the collection tins where brought round. 

Loved being at a party and it came on and you could always spot a fellow loyalist giving it laldy :lol: before Rangers took it on.

That'll be us docked points tho for secsectarian undertones. 

8 minutes ago, Willis said:

Theyre trying to get Rangers fans to gamble, its a conspiracy i know it. Thats actually the real reason i wanted them to stop playing it but didnt want folk to think i was some radical

Ahh, penny arcade = gambling. I see what you did there doh