Carling1873

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, AlBear85 said:

Some young cunt is going to come in here and say Klos, well you're wrong so don't bother.

Have to agree, the save against Van hooijdonk is etched in my mind, just class, however he just kept doing it, such an instinctive keeper always looked like he seen it coming. 

To the end of my days, I will never ever forget the point-blank save from Van Hooijdonk's volley.  Definitely one of the greatest saves in the history of football.  Even the taig fans applauded it.  I was at that game and nobody around me could believe he stopped it, even when I have brought it up with tims I know they still can't grasp how it never went in.  Outstanding.  (tu)

Goram all the way but we have been blessed on that from for years as far as I'm concerned. Chris Woods,Goram, Klos, Watteraus, McGregor and Even having the quality of Niemi as back up.

Goram all day long though.

8 minutes ago, Carling1873 said:

Have to agree, the save against Van hooijdonk is etched in my mind, just class, however he just kept doing it, such an instinctive keeper always looked like he seen it coming. 

We've been blessed with great goalkeepers throughout our history.

In more recent times the likes of McCloy, Woods, Goram, Klos and even cuntybaws. I'm sure older Bears could regale us with stories of Dawson, Brown, Ritchie, Niven etc.

But for me, due to my age, there will only ever be one GK. The Goalie.

Just now, Ozblue said:

Definitely Bobby Brown, followed by 'The Girvan Lighthouse' but my Father would have said, Jerry Dawson;'The Prince in the Yellow jersey and my Grandfather insisted it was Thomas Hamilton :pipe:

This post is wasted mate, 84% of this forum is under 30. The other 16% have been tucked up in bed since 10.

Sorry just to clarify re the title thread if you mean best keeper ever for Rangers then it's Goram for me. If you mean best keeper ever in general for all teams across the universe then I would have to say Andy Goram. That's based on who I have seen in my lifetime.

2 minutes ago, FSM said:

This post is wasted mate, 84% of this forum is under 30. The other 16% have been tucked up in bed since 10.

Yes I know,mate! but I did it because young cunts will read it and think; Who the fuck is The Girvan Lighthouse? :huh::unsure:

1 minute ago, Ozblue said:

Definitely Bobby Brown, followed by 'The Girvan Lighthouse' but my Father would have said, Jerry Dawson;'The Prince in the Yellow jersey and my Grandfather insisted it was Thomas Hamilton :pipe:

Can't argue, funny how generations reminisce on their experiences and what was relayed by family/friends.

I think the difference today is the ability to revisit those great memory's, so can't see past Goram.