Best Keeper Ever

Carling1873

Goram and Klos were very similar and I think they are both equal in making saves that make your eyes go dry as you have to rub them to actually believe they just pulled the save off.

In my time we have been graced by the best goalies imo and I loved watching Chris Woods as back then he was probably the no1 keeper in Europe and just bossed his box like it was living room and nobody was sitting in his man chair.

One for the guru's who was the first Rangers keeper to wear gloves?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Will always be Goram IMO.

Phenomenal at Elland Road and as pointed out the save against Pierre. I also remember one up at Pittodrie which was flying in to the top corner and he pulls off a save with the "wrong hand" for that corner.

Was everything a Rangers goalie should be and won us loads of points over a season.

13 minutes ago, Carling1873 said:

Can't argue, funny how generations reminisce on their experiences and what was relayed by family/friends.

I think the difference today is the ability to revisit those great memory's, so can't see past Goram.   

If we are talking post Souness era then it's definitely Andy Goram, closely followed by Chris Woods. I hope in years to come the younger generation will insist that it was Wes Foderingham.

4 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

If we are talking post Souness era then it's definitely Andy Goram, closely followed by Chris Woods. I hope in years to come the younger generation will insist that it was Wes Foderingham.

Take your point and can understand where your coming from regarding Wes,

Lets see how he gets on next season and am sure he will just get better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrYZ4n14QgE

12 minutes ago, ex-guardsman said:

Goram and Klos were very similar and I think they are both equal in making saves that make your eyes go dry as you have to rub them to actually believe they just pulled the save off.

In my time we have been graced by the best goalies imo and I loved watching Chris Woods as back then he was probably the no1 keeper in Europe and just bossed his box like it was living room and nobody was sitting in his man chair.

I reckon it was Stewart Kennedy

1 minute ago, ex-guardsman said:

I don't have a clue but be interesting to know who it was as when a was young lad I was always amazed looking back at old keepers and they had no gloves as I just thought it was normal they wore them.

NAW.FFS Oz......I think it was big Peter McCloy; The Girvan Lighthouse

8 minutes ago, Carling1873 said:

Take your point and can understand where your coming from regarding Wes,

Lets see how he gets on next season and am sure he will just get better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrYZ4n14QgE

:lol::lol: That video I was like wtf but the StJ kitman got held up and they borrowed our kit it was Rangers v Rangers 

25 minutes ago, ex-guardsman said:

OK mate! I've changed my mind again....It was Bobby Brown because I remember he wore black woolen gloves, not the ones 'keepers wear today

What's wrong with being young and saying klos?

its a matter of opinion no?

I would choose klos he was the keeper when I was growing up but looking at videos of klos I see what an amazing keeper he was. Best shot stopper in the world.

charbonnier was class as well

i went off for an when I said We are the people to him at a speakers night and  he totally blanked me :hanged:

But to be honest we have been spoiled over the years and had the best keepers