Sack The Manager

BridgeIsBlue

49 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

I'm not falling for your sorcery.

But onto a different point,if there's such a massive gap between the divisions then why did the team from the "top flight" come here and play 10 men behind the ball?

I've never really bought into there being a huge gap between us and prem sides, even in D3, and the gap from the championship to premiership is tiny. Teams like Falkirk are a match for many higher level sides in a one off game so there's absolutely no reason we shouldn't be able to compete.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

A fluke game.

The vast majority of their defeats have been by one goal.

If anything their worst results have been at home as they obviously don't sit back in defence so much

They have held the tims twice as well I think. But surely kilmarnock cant play any worse than that, they might even have billy davis at the helm the next time we play them.

2 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

No amount of cracking stats win games , amazed at the folk that keep posting this pish .

We were crap today and couldn't score against a piss poor side at our own ground , move on............

So how would you describe us last year if you thought today was "crap"?

On another day we would have won that game easily. No need to be overly concerned but maybe start MOH, Miller and McKay next game with Ball Holt and Halliday and the usual defence. Make Waggy and Gedion think they need to up their game a bit if they want to start. 

In control from beginning to end.

Our defence was solid and we held the ball well, too well at times!  Zal is sure comfortable on the ball, just too comfortable and takes forever to pass, by which time everyone is closed down, which Killy used to good effect today. I also have a similar issue with McKay. Whilst he has better pace and undoubted talent, he actually slows the game down by not releasing the ball soon enough too often and FFS, improve on that final ball. When Wallace overlaps him, the better chances actually come from him rather than McKay. A word in the ear from the Gaffer and it should be sorted.

As we slowed down in the final third, again spent to much time trying to batter our way through the centre of their defence. The type of possession game we play, we just need more 1, 2 touch type football to zip through defences and eliminate that problem.

Wags is trying too hard again. Maybe trying to cover too much ground, but we know what he has in his locker, so no fears.

Overall, IMO we played well and could easily have won by 2,3 or even 4. Hit the bar, hit the post, missed a couple. Just not our today and have no worries about a replay.

BTW. Thought Kenny Miller was immense. He has settled well into the MW system. Thought his pace and movement and his passing was outstanding and made most of our best moves before he went off.

Just now, VladimirWeiss69 said:

They have held the tims twice as well I think. But surely kilmarnock cant play any worse than that, they might even have billy davis at the helm the next time we play them.

TBH I don't think they will be very different. It is obvious from their season's results that whenever they play away or play against a "bigger" team they set up to defend. Their worst results have been against teams like Dundee Hibs and the like.

I don't see them coming out to attack us full on Billy Davies in charge or not

45 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

An extra bit of quality in the last third and we would've won that game comfortably. Need to learn how to break teams like that down but they're a poorer side than Hivs and Falkirk

The only option is to try score from outside the box. We done the same to Man U at Old Trafford and they couldn't break us down. 

We don't have the ability to cut open 10 men defences. Law should've started this game. 

14 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I've never really bought into there being a huge gap between us and prem sides, even in D3, and the gap from the championship to premiership is tiny. Teams like Falkirk are a match for many higher level sides in a one off game so there's absolutely no reason we shouldn't be able to compete.

I wasn't really meaning you tbh more the people that think the gap is like the Championship and Premiership down south :lol: 

Just now, Redwhiteandblue said:

The only option is to try score from outside the box. We done the same to Man U at Old Trafford and they couldn't break us down. 

We don't have the ability to cut open 10 men defences. Law should've started this game. 

Law had a poor couple of games on the lead up to this so made sense to drop him to the bench. Holt has been the massive loss for us in the last three games....someone who gets in to the box and beyond the front three. Lets hope he's fit to start now

Just back from the game, and we weren't at our best. Waghorn and Halliday were both very quiet.

That said, we thoroughly dominated and have 4 or so really good chances, as well as hitting the post and bar. I've no fears what so ever for the Premier League, especially given well have a number of new and better players. 

We were very unfortunate today. 

1 minute ago, Moody Blue said:

Law had a poor couple of games on the lead up to this so made sense to drop him to the bench. Holt has been the massive loss for us in the last three games....someone who gets in to the box and beyond the front three. Lets hope he's fit to start now

Holt is also the player that brings other people into the game we have defo missed him.