Sack The Manager

BridgeIsBlue

1 hour ago, Thermopylae said:

It is interesting that hibs seem to do better against premiership teams than we do despite having a worse team.

I do think our shooting has to improve ... we have so much of the ball and if we could get our shots in early and hit the target more often we would score bucketloads

I wonder if other teams pack their defense against Hibs.   

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It is interesting that hibs seem to do better against premiership teams than we do despite having a worse team.

I do think our shooting has to improve ... we have so much of the ball and if we could get our shots in early and hit the target more often we would score bucketloads

I think that we face 11 man defences and Hibs don't when they take on these teams.

In Cummings they have a striker who seems to score in the big games..

makes a massive difference..

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Isn't that, generally, the case at clubs of every level in every country in the world? 

I'm not so sure that's the case nowadays though..

Take the EPL, Chelsea,Man U,City etc managers have all dropped high profile players for being out of form.

6 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Take the EPL, Chelsea,Man U,City etc managers have all dropped high profile players for being out of form.

True, but there's plenty you could rhyme off their first XI without a thought. In the case of Chelsea and United there's a certain degree of necessity there in that they've struggled across the board and have much, much larger squads.

4 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

Our passing isn't as crisp as it was early in season. We let teams fall back and its hard to break down. We need to pick up the pace of our movement again and be hard to read 

Absolutely spot on. The style is good but we have to move the ball way quicker. Trust in the manager and the team chaps. The changes you're witnessing now will serve Rangers for decades

to come

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Isn't that, generally, the case at clubs of every level in every country in the world? 

3 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

In control from beginning to end.

Our defence was solid and we held the ball well, too well at times!  Zal is sure comfortable on the ball, just too comfortable and takes forever to pass, by which time everyone is closed down, which Killy used to good effect today. I also have a similar issue with McKay. Whilst he has better pace and undoubted talent, he actually slows the game down by not releasing the ball soon enough too often and FFS, improve on that final ball. When Wallace overlaps him, the better chances actually come from him rather than McKay. A word in the ear from the Gaffer and it should be sorted.

As we slowed down in the final third, again spent to much time trying to batter our way through the centre of their defence. The type of possession game we play, we just need more 1, 2 touch type football to zip through defences and eliminate that problem.

Wags is trying too hard again. Maybe trying to cover too much ground, but we know what he has in his locker, so no fears.

Overall, IMO we played well and could easily have won by 2,3 or even 4. Hit the bar, hit the post, missed a couple. Just not our today and have no worries about a replay.

BTW. Thought Kenny Miller was immense. He has settled well into the MW system. Thought his pace and movement and his passing was outstanding and made most of our best moves before he went off.

Spot on

Mark warburton is the best thing that has happened to us. Think how our  support would feel if the man walked away? We just aren't used to good fast attacking football but we should embrace it and go with it not just question the manager or team because of a poor result. We are on our way back and by the time next season comes we have had a year with him and he will then get in a few better players  who can play his style to take us forward even more. I agree with Al bear it shouldn't have 5 pages but it actually shouldn't have started at all. We will be gutted when he goes that I'm sure of. WATP 

Preferred 11?  Does any cnut listen to the manager, he has lslways stated it's a squad game, that he wants plyers able to play cross multiple positions and that he rotates the squad to keep players fresh.

Preferred 11, Geez that's so yesterday or last season.

Realise the op was taking the piss  but others don't half post some shite.

We are playing entertaining football and headed in the right direction, on and off he field.

Onwards and upwards.

43 minutes ago, Smile said:

Two games against SPL opposition and we haven't won any, i think Warburtons the right man for the job but is not getting the financial backing he needs.

we shall find out in the next transfer window. for all we know it was his decision not to over spend and not the boards :541:

On 2/6/2016 at 7:05 PM, A.T.G said:

Shooting was awful today, that's not the managers fault but lack of concentration

Waggys control when he was through was just abysmal

A bit of long range shooting now and again would force the defends out and leave gaps

I think it's one thing that really does need to improve 

On 6 February 2016 at 9:03 PM, siddiqi_drinker said:

Preferred 11?  Does any cnut listen to the manager, he has lslways stated it's a squad game, that he wants plyers able to play cross multiple positions and that he rotates the squad to keep players fresh.

Preferred 11, Geez that's so yesterday or last season.

Realise the op was taking the piss  but others don't half post some shite.

We are playing entertaining football and headed in the right direction, on and off he field.

Onwards and upwards.

Except it's fairy clear Warburton DOES have a preferred XI, Wilson and Kiernan and his preferred CB pairing, Halliday is his preferred CDM even though he's out of position, preffered front 3 of McKay, Waghorn and Miller. There's arguably one slot where there hasn't been a preffered starter (Law/Zelalem). However, before the window closed anyway, if all were fit out preferred XI was 

Foderingham

Tavernier

Wilson

Kiernan

Wallace

Halliday

Holt

Law/Zelalem

Mliier 

McKay

Waghorn