Andy Halliday

King Jela

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good player who was doing a good job playing out of position at DM, plays well alongside Law and Holt and with those two forms our best midfield options so far this season.

Ever present in the table topping team apart from his outrageous suspension, loves a tackle and plays with his heart  on his sleeve all the time. Bleeds blue, scores a few great goals, drew a great save out there keeper today too by the way, and is rated highly enough by our manager to extend his deal only 5 months into his current deal. 

But hey lets have a dig at him because he had a shite game today alongside one of the most ineffective midfielders we have and a 20 year old centre half who was playing in the position he has been playing all season

1 minute ago, King Jela said:

You're the one that's come on here raging :lol: 

I know you have hassle explaining a disagreement of opinion but even by your standard it's been poor 

I have a hassle explaining nothing. You're a wee attention seeker,nothing more. I'll leave you too it now,I'm so raging. :rolleyes:

8 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

Good player who was doing a good job playing out of position at DM, plays well alongside Law and Holt and with those two forms our best midfield options so far this season.

Ever present in the table topping team apart from his outrageous suspension, loves a tackle and plays with his heart  on his sleeve all the time. Bleeds blue, scores a few great goals, drew a great save out there keeper today too by the way, and is rated highly enough by our manager to extend his deal only 5 months into his current deal. 

But hey lets have a dig at him because he had a shite game today alongside one of the most ineffective midfielders we have and a 20 year old centre half who was playing in the position he has been playing all season

I didn't base this thread purely in today's performance. If I had I would've said that. 

Also like how you just have to mention "bleeds blue" and "plays with his heart on his sleeve" when praising him, kinda proves my point as to why he's so popular

1 hour ago, King Jela said:

What is it he actually does? He's got a decent strike on him but that's about it. He's never a midfielder in a million years. He'd have been as well staying in the dressing room for the first half. 

Seems to get a free pass on here because he's a bear and said all the right things but he's nowhere near good enough for us. 

It seems like the OP is actually annoyed Halliday is a rangers supporter?

He's not Barry Ferguson or Gazza but he's a good player who will get better as the team does. 

Works hard and used the ball well, when we have a more powerful , driving midfielder the balance will be better and he will excel in my opinion.  

Throughout this season he's been more productive than any of our other CM's.

10 minutes ago, King Jela said:

I didn't base this thread purely in today's performance. If I had I would've said that. 

Also like how you just have to mention "bleeds blue" and "plays with his heart on his sleeve" when praising him, kinda proves my point as to why he's so popular

the heart on his sleeve comment was really just an all encompassing soundbite for the way he plays. he runs all day, makes some fantastic tackles, rarely loses the ball, usually finds a blue shirt, has 6 goals and 5 assists so far, which for the DM in an otherwise attacking midfield, is pretty decent return. There are plenty players in our best 11 who have made mistakes, (Wilson for example) and there are those that don't give half the effort. Apart from missing that penalty a couple of weeks ago, I can't think what he has done wrong?

Anyway, we are all entitled to our opinions, but in my opinion he is instrumental to our first 11 and it seems the manager agrees

3 minutes ago, gsa said:

It seems like the OP is actually annoyed Halliday is a rangers supporter?

He's not Barry Ferguson or Gazza but he's a good player who will get better as the team does. 

Works hard and used the ball well, when we have a more powerful , driving midfielder the balance will be better and he will excel in my opinion.  

Throughout this season he's been more productive than any of our other CM's.

Annoyed based on what? Telling it as it is? 

I dont see see him getting any better. Holt's miles better, even Law brings so much more to the team. 

2 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

the heart on his sleeve comment was really just an all encompassing soundbite for the way he plays. he runs all day, makes some fantastic tackles, rarely loses the ball, usually finds a blue shirt, has 6 goals and 5 assists so far, which for the DM in an otherwise attacking midfield, is pretty decent return. There are plenty players in our best 11 who have made mistakes, (Wilson for example) and there are those that don't give half the effort. Apart from missing that penalty a couple of weeks ago, I can't think what he has done wrong?

Anyway, we are all entitled to our opinions, but in my opinion he is instrumental to our first 11 and it seems the manager agrees

He hasn't necessarily done anything wrong but he just do anywhere near enough. 

Hes he's been in his DM position for 7 months now and he's shown no signs of improving in that position. 

2 minutes ago, King Jela said:

He hasn't necessarily done anything wrong but he just do anywhere near enough. 

Hes he's been in his DM position for 7 months now and he's shown no signs of improving in that position. 

Last word freak :-)

What more would you like to see from him?

20 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Annoyed based on what? Telling it as it is? 

I dont see see him getting any better. Holt's miles better, even Law brings so much more to the team. 

Hahaha!!  OP is utterly clueless! Have you ever watched a game of football? Law brings so much more to the team? What exactly? Law is one of the worst centre midfielders in rangers history. 

2 minutes ago, gsa said:

Hahaha!!  OP is utterly clueless! Have you ever watched a game of football? Law brings so much more to the team? What exactly? Law is one of the worst centre midfielders in rangers history. 

We were shite for the first hour before Holt and then Law changed the game and we created more chances which should've won the game. 

You should have watched the game (tu) only a retard could've missed it 

I think King Jela has just proved his point perfectly, was one of the poorest players on the park today and escapes criticism. Law was getting slaughtered for performances like that last season.

For what it's worth I like Halliday and think on his game contributes well and enjoy the fact he's passionate about Rangers as we are but overall his performances have been a mixed bag and he has been anonymous on a few occasions.