Andy Halliday

King Jela

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, TonyRice1872 said:

I would watch him play in an OF start before saying that mate

Obviously he will play out of his skin for that game, being one of us. That doesn't mean he'll be good week in week out.

Don't get me wrong, I like Halliday. Just think he goes missing quite a lot.

7 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Obviously he will play out of his skin for that game, being one of us. That doesn't mean he'll be good week in week out.

Playing DM in our team will do that to a player...

25 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

He doesn't, he's always involved. You're only targeting him here because he's one of us and hence a bigger abuse target. 

Doesn't make sense? Doesn't have to.. 

1 hour ago, King Jela said:

He went into hiding yesterday for 90 minutes apart from when he hit that peachy shot. He was invisible yesterday, As he was against St Johnstone. 2 games against top flight teams and 0 impact. I think it's more than fair to think he'll struggle if we go up next season

He was hiding and nearly scored? By hiding you mean he wasn't taking a grip of the game and penetrating their defence?  According to some Zelalem and Halliday were well below par and yet we had 19 shots on goal. Can you explain how we did that with a midfield that was so below par?

Can't remember what game it was but he Assisted Holt with a pass Andrea Pirlo would've been proud of. 

I think this forum should be automatically shut down for 24 hours after a draw or defeat to stop the knee-jerk reactions. Will stop people embarrassing themselves with their meltdown threads.

4 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

He was hiding and nearly scored? By hiding you mean he wasn't taking a grip of the game and penetrating their defence?  According to some Zelalem and Halliday were well below par and yet we had 19 shots on goal. Can you explain we did that with a midfield that was so below par?

I said he went into hiding apart from when he hit that peachy shot. And by hiding I mean hiding. No getting involved in the play enough, not making himself available, not getting stuck in, not even getting back with any real urgency when we or even just he lost the ball. 

When you say 'according to some' are you talking about me? Because I've only mentioned Andy so why are you asking me to explain our high shot count? <cr>

4 minutes ago, King Jela said:

I said he went into hiding apart from when he hit that peachy shot. And by hiding I mean hiding. No getting involved in the play enough, not making himself available, not getting stuck in, not even getting back with any real urgency when we or even just he lost the ball. 

When you say 'according to some' are you talking about me? Because I've only mentioned Andy so why are you asking me to explain our high shot count? <cr>

I said according to some because I wasn't meaning you; I thought that might be obvious. You haven't given any examples where Halliday went to hiding, apart from a general estimation on his overall performance; perhaps you were being slightly rhetorical, which is unusual from what I usually read in your posts; which I do with interest mostly. 

2 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

I said according to some because I wasn't meaning you; I thought that might be obvious. You haven't given any examples where Halliday went to hiding, apart from a general estimation on his overall performance; perhaps you were being slightly rhetorical, which is unusual from when I read in your posts; which I do with interest mostly. 

I feel like I've disappointed you here. And I hate that. 

3 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

I don't think Halliday is good enough for us in the top flight.   

He may be in his proper position. he's not performing so well in games all the time but its hard to judge when he's always played out of position.

13 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

I fucking hate our prepencity to denigrate our own, it's a bit  Münchausen syndrome...now this is what I would call embarrassing 

Not one person in this thread as said he is shite or crap as a footballer .We all want to see him do well but does that mean we all have to agree that he is one of the major players .I think in time we all might eat some humble pie .Always remember Ian Ferguson getting big licks early years ..9 Winning Championships later . 

5 hours ago, Smile said:

He may be in his proper position. he's not performing so well in games all the time but its hard to judge when he's always played out of position.

I find it very worrying that as a midfielder he disappears in games.   I'd love him to be a stand-out success but I simply don't see it happening.  

5 hours ago, Big Al II said:

I fucking hate our prepencity to denigrate our own, it's a bit  Münchausen syndrome...now this is what I would call embarrassing 

On a Rangers football forum surely we are allowed to hold our opinions on matters relevant to football within our Club?   I hate the propensity we have to denigrate other Rangers fans simply for voicing an opinion on our own players.

7 hours ago, DeanMK said:

Can't remember what game it was but he Assisted Holt with a pass Andrea Pirlo would've been proud of. 

I think this forum should be automatically shut down for 24 hours after a draw or defeat to stop the knee-jerk reactions. Will stop people embarrassing themselves with their meltdown threads.

St Mirren in the Petrofac? Looked like Holt was miles offside, just perfect timing

Andy Halliday by his usual style of play had an almost invisible first half against Killie, but to say he was "hiding" could be doing the lad an injustice. Does it not enter your mind that perhaps Andy Halliday was doing exactly what Mark Warburton & Davie Weir instructed him to do during the game? I'm reasonably sure that if Halliday was "hiding" he would have been the first player dragged off and been replaced by one on the bench.

Halliday is not the kind of player to bottle it and hide during a game,especially when playing against a team like Kilmarnock, because if that had been the case, Warburton would never have signed him.

Halidays done a great job so far considering he's not playing in his natural position. I'll reserve proper judgement of him till he's on the wings. 

He has passion and aggression which is always a plus. I'd say he deserves a start ahead of others and we do notice something missing when he's not playing.

He'll rise to the challenge in the SPL, the extra challenges he and the team will face will make sure of that. 

I don't think he was hiding, I just don't think he had a good game (aside from Wilson, Ball and Kiernan none did). 

I like him, and he's been a solid 6.5 out of 10 all season without really being spectacular. 

I'm not sure about him in the top league. It's clear Warbs targeted a DM to fill his current role, and when he's had a more advanced midfield role (with Ball playing) he's not been great. Decent squad player to have and an asset in the dressing room, but not a starter next season. 

1 hour ago, RFCRobertson said:

Halidays done a great job so far considering he's not playing in his natural position. I'll reserve proper judgement of him till he's on the wings. 

He has passion and aggression which is always a plus. I'd say he deserves a start ahead of others and we do notice something missing when he's not playing.

He'll rise to the challenge in the SPL, the extra challenges he and the team will face will make sure of that. 

You'll be waiting a long time to judge him then because he'll never get a run of games on the wings. 

• 6 months later...

If you want to see what Andy Halliday actually does? I recommend you watch the old firm game from last season. An absolute masterclass. His only failure was allowing Schviatchenko so many free headers but he was outstanding and bossed the game. Games where teams have two deep banks of four will be against him as he doesn't have that 5 yard turn of pace but he is an important member of the squad.