Andy Halliday

King Jela

Guest Lloyd72
2 minutes ago, the_gers_fan said:

Can you show me where I've "slated" Kiernan?

Halliday more than done a job last season when we were light on numbers in midfield. This season though, we have a variety of options so he won't get as much game time as last season and IMO, we do have better options. He will still have a part to play in this team though. 

You are obviously saying Kiernan is not good enough if you're saying I'm wrong to defend him.

Halliday was Average last season. He was letting people walk past him in midfield without putting a challenge in and getting caught ahead of the ball which left our defence wide open but I let him away with it because it wasn't his preferred position.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lloyd72
5 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Wrong. Halliday is naturally a winger come left midfielder.

He hasn't had a chance in either of these positions because of the form of McKay and formation. 

Good, we don't need him then. He's gash in CM and he will not play in any of the 3 attacking positions because he isn't good enough. 

2 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Good, we don't need him then. He's gash in CM and he will not play in any of the 3 attacking positions because he isn't good enough. 

That's a pathetic attitude. 

Recently McKay hasn't been firing, Halliday may get a shout in there to drop McKay n increase competition.

Likewise Warburton is going to need to look at plan B options. Minute we go to a 4-4-2 for example Halliday fits naturally.

Don't let your hatred obscure your judgement. Halliday is a good footballer and will play his part during the season. 

Guest Lloyd72
3 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

That's a pathetic attitude. 

Recently McKay hasn't been firing, Halliday may get a shout in there to drop McKay n increase competition.

Likewise Warburton is going to need to look at plan B options. Minute we go to a 4-4-2 for example Halliday fits naturally.

Don't let your hatred obscure your judgement. Halliday is a good footballer and will play his part during the season. 

I don't hate Halliday I like him because he's a Rangers fan and I'd love to see him do well but he isn't very good and I'm not gonna let him away with it just because he loves the team. Warburton is never going to change his tactics and the sooner people see that the better, he will play 433 for his entire tenure here at Rangers. Yea Mckay hasn't been good and neither has Wallace tbh which worries me because we don't have a backup LW.

5 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

I don't hate Halliday I like him because he's a Rangers fan and I'd love to see him do well but he isn't very good and I'm not gonna let him away with it just because he loves the team. Warburton is never going to change his tactics and the sooner people see that the better, he will play 433 for his entire tenure here at Rangers. Yea Mckay hasn't been good and neither has Wallace tbh which worries me because we don't have a backup LW.

Warburton will surprise you. He isn't stupid, 3 games on and it's clear we need other options and ways to play. 

Halliday has a lot to offer and clearly the gaffer rates him. 

Guest Lloyd72
Just now, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Warburton will surprise you. He isn't stupid, 3 games on and it's clear we need other options and ways to play. 

Halliday has a lot to offer and clearly the gaffer rates him. 

I don't think he will tbh, he has said that the only changes we may make are playing with 2 DMs  and a CAM for some extra protection if we need it. 

Maybe he does I just can't see it and watching him makes me want to tear my hair out sometimes, he's infuriating for me to watch.

34 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

He hasn't had a chance in either of these positions because of the form of McKay and formation. 

If he's not had a chance in that position because of the form of McKay then now is the time to give him his chance because McKay has been fucking rancid.

I think he has had a poor start to the season, I can see him getting dropped for the next game. There is competition for places this season and whether he is a bear is irrelevant if he's not performing then he needs to be dropped. 

4 hours ago, GOAT said:

This threads ridiculous.  

Halliday done us proud last season, playing out of position and still on of our better players.  This season, don't worry you won't see him as much as as we now have better players and once everyone is match fit he will be on the bench, but this thread is still a disgrace.

Mongo (tu) 

1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Halliday on the left of the three? Really? 

He's slow, takes ages to turn, couldn't beat a man to save himself. Would be a woeful decision to play him there.

Err but he's living the dream and apparently done us proud last season, yes done us proud, someone actually said that. 

3 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Why is that his position, because he played there with Livingston when he was a teenager?

Since he left them he's been a full back at Middlesborough and Blackpool, one of the two holding players in a 4-2-3-1 at Bradford and he's been a holding midfielder and centre midfielder since he came to us.

To me, Halliday is a jack of all trades, but a master of none and I don't mean that as a negative at all.

3 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Why is that his position, because he played there with Livingston when he was a teenager?

Since he left them he's been a full back at Middlesborough and Blackpool, one of the two holding players in a 4-2-3-1 at Bradford and he's been a holding midfielder and centre midfielder since he came to us.

To me, Halliday is a jack of all trades, but a master of none and I don't mean that as a negative at all.

For me he is the type of player thats vital to have in a squad , especially if you want to win things , wont command a starting position once were up too full speed but can fill a cpl of positions well when we have suspensions , injuries or players need a bit of a rest 

6 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

For me he is the type of player thats vital to have in a squad , especially if you want to win things , wont command a starting position once were up too full speed but can fill a cpl of positions well when we have suspensions , injuries or players need a bit of a rest 

That's exactly what I think too (tu)

The whole midfield is getting to know each other still, that includes Halliday. I think there were signs, before they scored, that they were developing an understanding with each other. Chasing the game the in a two team league contest brings a certain urgency to a team when they go a goal down, and it became a kind of a cup tie after they scored the opening goal; the earlier composure was lost on us after that. That is probably a learning experience for a lot of our players.

I'll be honest if Andy wasn't a Rangers fan he'd be getting it rotten on here I think the fact he's one of us saves him. Put it this way do I see him being able to make the step up to CL level on a consistent basis nope. He is a domestic level player nothing wrong with that but I don't see him playing as big a role in years ahead same with alot of our current players tho.

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

No, simply because he has stated himself that it's his position and where he sees himself playing. 

Heard him say this on several occasions.

Halliday is a good option to have around but people should not overrate him on a season in the Championship, yes he did well but reading some posts on here you'd think we had discovered a superstar, he is not and never will be.  He is one of us, he has a great work ethic and he is combative in midfield.  Personally as this squad gels I expect him to see a lot of time on the bench, said that weeks ago and my opinion has not changed.

5 hours ago, KingKirk said:

I'll be honest if Andy wasn't a Rangers fan he'd be getting it rotten on here I think the fact he's one of us saves him. Put it this way do I see him being able to make the step up to CL level on a consistent basis nope. He is a domestic level player nothing wrong with that but I don't see him playing as big a role in years ahead same with alot of our current players tho.

I think sometimes he gets it tight, because people actually go the other way and expect more of him. 

That said, don't think he has the quality to maintain a starting slot once everyone's fit and running.