• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

Missing a finish today that is all

look at the stats, nothing much more could have been done today, 19 shots, most of the possession

All that was missing was a goal, what more out of our play do you want? But you already knew that didn't you, just couldn't wait to start a thread on it

:sleep1:

So what in my OP do you disagree with then? this will be good. Do tell. If you can waken up.

Missing a finish is exactly the type of thing I'm talking about in my OP. We were missing them against St Johnstone too. Common denominator? ... you still awake there?

2 hours ago, kaiser1041 said:

No one has stated otherwise though I prefer to compare to where we were last season.progress is being made and will be made again on the summer

I'd rather we spend more time as a club comparing us to where we are going than where we've been.

The first is necessary whereas the second won't really make a difference.

10 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Dundee drew with Dumbarton. I'll say again right now we are comfortably top 4 in that league

I don't think so, with the current team I think we'd be mid table however I've no doubt we'll bring in quality over the close season, when it's most important.

All I care about this season is going up

I left Ibrox the day not with negative feelings but positive. Sure, we will take 5 or 6 summertime. We dominated the game though. Our defence were brilliant when they needed. Wilson had a good game, came close to scoring. Did we no hit the bar 3 times and the uprights 2 times. 

Kilmarnock were lucky to survive. They dug in and after down to 10 men it became impossible. No doubt about it Zelalem is just to hot and cold. No consistent enough. Hes also no big enough, that said, it dosent stop wee Barry.

We are work in progress and its going great for me. I want to see Kenny come on in the second half and not start. He seems to bring a bit of magic in the last 30 specoally for games like today.

The other thing is this is a cup match and anything can happen. I reckon we are going to stuff the fuckers at rugby on the their plastic mats. No sweat.

20 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

So what in my OP do you disagree with then? this will be good. Do tell. If you can waken up.

Missing a finish is exactly the type of thing I'm talking about in my OP. We were missing them against St Johnstone too. Common denominator? ... you still awake there?

Yes still awake here thanks

Just you keep face palming every time someone thinks we can beat Celtic (tu)

Just now, K.A.I said:

I'll ask you again - what in my OP do you actually disagree with?

Face palming at the thought of beating Celtic, you seriously think they would "destroy us" don't you

Yeah I remember your other post and it just seems like you couldn't wait to come on here and start this as if this game makes you right when it is completely the opposite

Our strikers had an off day, what more can you possibly want from this team other than some chances taken? You say we are not quite there, ok, maybe missing a clinical goal scorer at most but "face palming" when someone suggests we will beat that lot, it absolutely evades me how you can hold them up so high

We will never see eye to eye on this so no point going over old ground. Once we beat Killie in the replay and beat the scum in the following rounds I'll expect you to start a thread titled "now can we be honest about how wrong I was"

I still think that there's not much difference between the top 3 in the Championship to 9 or 10 teams in the spfl and I think today proved that , even if we didn't win. 

The problem , once there , is going to be consistency . Previously leagues have been won or lost narrowly on dropped points to ' lesser ' teams and they were , tbh , very rare occasions. This is where I agree with the OP .  Even though I think we could do quite well as things stand , we need more quality signings to attain that level of consistency to make any real challenge for the title . 

4 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

Face palming at the thought of beating Celtic, you seriously think they would "destroy us" don't you

Yeah I remember your other post and it just seems like you couldn't wait to come on here and start this as if this game makes you right when it is completely the opposite

Our strikers had an off day, what more can you possibly want from this team other than some chances taken? You say we are not quite there, ok, maybe missing a clinical goal scorer at most but "face palming" when someone suggests we will beat that lot, it absolutely evades me how you can hold them up so high

We will never see eye to eye on this so no point going over old ground. Once we beat Killie in the replay and beat the scum in the following rounds I'll expect you to start a thread titled "now can we be honest about how wrong I was"

Your really one of the most twisted people on here if you think I face palm at THE THOUGHT of beating Celtic. I don't. I wank myself silly to the thought of it. I face palm at the people that say we can do it because they are shite. Big difference.

What other post you talking about?

Also I don't/didn't want anything more from the team today. A win would have been nice but if you bothered to take the time to read what I'm saying I'm saying for the level we are at we are doing well and that today I thought we played alright and were the better team.

If we beat Kilmarnock in the replay, there won't be any post like that from me because I don't think anything I've said in the OP will change. I think every point still stands in regards to what we need for next season.

6 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Your really one of the most twisted people on here if you think I face palm at THE THOUGHT of beating Celtic. I don't. I wank myself silly to the thought of it. I face palm at the people that say we can do it because they are shite. Big difference.

What other post you talking about?

Also I don't/didn't want anything more from the team today. A win would have been nice but if you bothered to take the time to read what I'm saying I'm saying for the level we are at we are doing well and that today I thought we played alright and were the better team.

If we beat Kilmarnock in the replay, there won't be any post like that from me because I don't think anything I've said in the OP will change. I think every point still stands in regards to what we need for next season.

You know what I mean ffs.

Most of your OP was good, quite a lot I agree with but again you hold the scum in the highest regard and think they will beat us and I disagree.

Have you ever considered that people here may have seen them play and there is a reason some of us have absolutely no fear against playing them?

Sadly I know a couple of scum supporters and they genuinely do not want us at Ibrox, what does that tell you?

Do we need to improve? Always

Can we cut it at premier league level? Yes

Can we compete with Celtic with this team? Absolutely

Can we beat them? Of course we fucking can

You may call yourself a realist, I call you a surrender monkey and a shitebag 

All in jest of course

1 minute ago, A.T.G said:

You know what I mean ffs.

Most of your OP was good, quite a lot I agree with but again you hold the scum in the highest regard and think they will beat us and I disagree.

Have you ever considered that people here may have seen them play and there is a reason some of us have absolutely no fear against playing them?

Sadly I know a couple of scum supporters and they genuinely do not want us at Ibrox, what does that tell you?

Do we need to improve? Always

Can we cut it at premier league level? Yes

Can we compete with Celtic with this team? Absolutely

Can we beat them? Of course we fucking can

You may call yourself a realist, I call you a surrender monkey and a shitebag 

All in jest of course

In a one off game I don't mind who we play but I'm talking about equipping ourself with the tools needed to beat them to the league title over the course of a season. These two games against St Johnstone and Kilmarnock were yard sticks for me to measure up and see what we need to sustain the title challenge.

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

In a one off game I don't mind who we play but I'm talking about equipping ourself with the tools needed to beat them to the league title over the course of a season. These two games against St Johnstone and Kilmarnock were yard sticks for me to measure up and see what we need to sustain the title challenge.

Anyway, once we beat Celtic and win the league I'm sure you will take great pleasure in being wrong

if you are right however, well, that would be shit

7 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

So have we went backwards since last season? :P

1 minute ago, A.T.G said:

Anyway, once we beat Celtic and win the league I'm sure you will take great pleasure in being wrong

if you are right however, well, that would be shit

I'd only be wrong if we never had any investment in the summer that I'm talking about in my OP and basically went into top flight as we are then somehow won the league with this squad/set up. If that happens then great.

Yes we need a few players but the diffence between this season and last is that we have a young improving side, not a team of money grabing has beens on the wrong side of 30. Lets face it do we need to spend fortunes to beat celtic when both swedish and norwegian opponents turned them over with a shoestring budget?

49 minutes ago, jim white's a bear said:

I don't think so, with the current team I think we'd be mid table however I've no doubt we'll bring in quality over the close season, when it's most important.

All I care about this season is going up

Mid fucking table

Right, that's me out, didn't realise we were chasing promotion to La Liga

Shitting it from Real Partick next year