Floaty corners and crosses...

Carsons Dog

7 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I can't stand short corners.  It's a chance to put a ball In the box and that's what we should be doing.  Aberdeen terrorised Celtic from corners the other night and I'm sure we can do the same to teams.

Neil McCann commented about something similar today Think he was talking about McKay when he gets the ball out wide. Instead of short passes around the box, you don't have to pick out a man, whip the ball into an area. Keep doing that and the forwards and midfield will start running into the box to get on the end of them. It becomes second nature and chances will be created. Couldn't agree more.

No fan of short corners, but putting floaty crosses into the box with no target man is like trying to masturbate with broken wrists: futile.  With the short corners we can play to our strengths and with less exposure to the counter-attack; we really could do with having both options to keep things fresh.

Weve consistently scored from short corners all season. I'd much rather keeping the ball than crossing considering most other teams will be bigger than us in terms of height. 

Floated corners are used because again we don't have the height. If their defenders try to head a floated ball the furthest it'll go is the edge of the box allowing us possession or a shot.

26 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Weve consistently scored from short corners all season. I'd much rather keeping the ball than crossing considering most other teams will be bigger than us in terms of height. 

Floated corners are used because again we don't have the height. If their defenders try to head a floated ball the furthest it'll go is the edge of the box allowing us possession or a shot.

I never thought about 'the floaty ball' like that before.  You make an interesting point (tu)

Actually thought we had a bit of variation with our corners today. Couple in the first half were right off the training ground. I also thought we slung in more corners than we normally do.

My issue has been bringing centre halves up then not even bother getting a cross in. I expect centre halves to chip in with a few goals, ours on the whole don't get many opportunities. 

SayING for months hat these floaty crosses are easy to defend and murder to attack.  Not all need to be whipped in but that type of cross with pace puts the defense under more pressure.

Corners think we take short corners cause we don't seem capable of getting quality balls into the box.

bin complainin' 'bout the pussy corners all season.

Barrie is absolute fucking shite at them.

he should be fined for them.

Forrester looks like he can hit them with pace and curve.

Tav has the skill to do the job as well.

hoping MO'H has the skill.

I'm very unhappy at this short corner shite as well, but in order for whipping in crosses to work successfully, you need players in the box to benefit from the mayhem that can ensue.

It's pointless if the opposition keeper just runs out and plucks it out of the air with no one to challenge him at all.