Floaty corners and crosses...

Carsons Dog

Forrester's corner that Danny Wilson nearly scored from was the way a corner should be taken. The one we take to the edge of 18 yard box, or just outside the D makes no sense to me, unless it is a low ball. An effective corner either lands at either edge of the six yard box, like yesterday's fine corner, or between the penalty spot and the six yard box. If they are going to be short then they only break the defence up, but they have to be taken a lot quicker than we take them.  Most of our corners are tame, but yesterday I thought most of them were a real threat to their defence; particularly later on in the second half.

1 hour ago, Smile said:

Have to mix the corners up short and long rather than the short corners all the time.

100% this, variety is definitely the key to all dead ball situations in the game these days as every team does their research into how teams set up and play, and if every set piece is the same it's easy to adopt a system to nullify it. 

On 6 February 2016 at 4:24 PM, Sparkle said:

It's the short corners that are doing my head in. 

Couldn't agree more 

Total waste of a free ball

Whip it into the box 

Have forwards coming in from different angles and confuse the defence 

Simples