Zelalem

DavieMacRFC

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Blackandra said:

Personally, I thought he played well today. 

I personally thought it was one of his better games today but he's still too lightweight and too scared  to take a shot on goal. The whole game changed when he was taken off and Holt came on

3 minutes ago, Briton said:

He's a good player but it's nonsense to say it's mainly down to him we keep the ball. He played okay today though, one of his better performances. Still got hooked though.

Well, considering he plays in the middle of the park as a playmaker, who else would it be down to?

52 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

He's piss. 

A not bad pass on him but on the whole he is piss. It's as simple as that really. Piss.

You are fucking brain-dead. The boy is very talented but not suited to the shite style of football there is in Scotland.

If you cant see the ability in him then maybe football isn't your game.

To me it looks like he lacks confidence. He should demanding the ball and dictating the pace of the game but for me he hides from the ball far to much and looks petrified when anyone comes near him. I would be sending him back to Arsenal tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

You don't seriously think Warburton agreed with Arsen Wenger to take a skinny wee teenage lad on loan and play him every single game no matter how bad he played? 

Wanna buy some magic beans?

I'll give you a cow for them?

Was merely asking if this was the case as it does happen, let's be honest if Arsenal wanna call the shots and MW thinks the kid is good enough then deals like that ain't too far fetched, got to remember where we play. 

After all I really don't  think the kid merits a starting place week in week out.

2 minutes ago, dande101 said:

I'll give you a cow for them?

Was merely asking if this was the case as it does happen, let's be honest if Arsenal wanna call the shots and MW thinks the kid is good enough then deals like that ain't too far fetched, got to remember where we play. 

After all I really don't  think the kid merits a starting place week in week out.

I don't think the signing was anything to do with MW. I think DK brought him in, guaranteed.

8 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

You should maybe elaborate on that.

Why?

It's obvious.

However, it's controlling the flow of a team's offensive play.

Which suggests an element of attack & forward momentum, rather than, as already pointed out, backwards & sideways passes, which seem to be his default setting.

Was one of his better games for us today but thats not saying much. He wasnt helped by the combo of ball and halliday though. Im not convinced halliday will get a game in AM next season as he hasnt looked great.

Anyway back to zelalem. The boy has talent there is no doubt about it but we have players who are better than him atm and who contribute more to how we play. Imo our best midfield three is holt law and halliday.

We aren't in a position to help improve other teams players , we need them to be able to help get us back where we belong, fact is when Zelalem starts for us we are never the same team, he slows everything down by constantly beating a guy then turning back and then playing a side pass, he does remind me of Edu who did the same, nicky Law is a better option in this position as he moves the ball with pace and offers a goal threat

Zelalem is a deep-lying playmaker.  He finds pockets of space and always seems to have time on the ball - that's not just good luck.  He can pass the ball as well as anyone at the club and performs his playmaker role very well.  Expecting him to win back every ball and score a bucket load too is unrealistic.  He's very young and this is his first real crack with a big club who are expected to win every game.  We might see moments of magic but he's inconsistent as most young players are.