Waghorn

Smile

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

We just wont get the best out of him out wide, i know he missed a few chances today when he moved  more central but to me he's wasted out wide.

His goal form will return when moved more central.

I agree but Kenny has earned the right to play at the moment.

The ball rolling under his foot in the box in the second half when he could do anything with the ball and some of the woeful shots suggests he's slightly off form at the moment. Think he's a right good player and maybe trying to hard just now. It will come back shortly though

1 minute ago, pcbear said:

He causes chaos in the defences when attacking from the right, as above he swaps around between centre and wide, he is too good a player to be off the boil for much longer although he might be carrying a slight injury.

I dont think he's went off the boil i still think played centrally he would still be scoring, i will also add he's a better player with Holt on the pitch as they link up and create space so well.

This boy is excellent, and I agree he has lost a little form at the moment, he is very clever when coming in from the wing and draws players out to him, it's just not happening for us sometimes, I honestly reckon he's our best player in terms of ability and dare I say it sell on fee as I'm sure if he keeps playing to his potential when we go up he will attract a lot of attention.

The front 3 were poor today.  Waggy especially. He actually deserves dropped, rested if that sounds better, but we've no one to replace him with.

Am actually starting to get frustrated by MW not giving Hardie game time when you see those in his position under performing.

Just now, HG5 said:

Played a lot of football, without many breaks.

A wee rest might perk him up a bit.

I was surprised we didnt rest him against Raith Rovers King couldn't play in the next match neither could MOH who could have started.

35 minutes ago, Marky. said:

As top goalscorer, he was always going to start I guess.

Hard to resist, I'm sure.

But looked jaded for a few games & we all know the stick the likes of Wenger gets, when he plays people through the 'red zone' & they end up injured (Sanchez being the most recent example).

One of the new guys could be given a go, before the replay, perhaps.

1 hour ago, Smile said:

I was surprised we didnt rest him against Raith Rovers King couldn't play in the next match neither could MOH who could have started.

Before the Raith game i was thinking the same,i know we only won 1-0 and we need our top players but Waggy struggled and he might have benefitted from the break.

Personally think he needs a rest for a game or two. I cant remember the last time he didnt play. He's an all action type of player with his closing down and he does a lot of running for a big built guy.

Give him a wee rest to recharge and I think he and us will benefit

34 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Hard to resist, I'm sure.

But looked jaded for a few games & we all know the stick the likes of Wenger gets, when he plays people through the 'red zone' & they end up injured (Sanchez being the most recent example).

One of the new guys could be given a go, before the replay, perhaps.

Yeah maybe so! Wouldn't be against it because I'd imagine he'd make an impact coming off the bench too, but I don't think he's off form ridiculously, I'd imagine it's just a little spell.

His class is there anyway, just a bad couple of days at the office!

3 minutes ago, Marky. said:

Yeah maybe so! Wouldn't be against it because I'd imagine he'd make an impact coming off the bench too, but I don't think he's off form ridiculously, I'd imagine it's just a little spell.

His class is there anyway, just a bad couple of days at the office!

Fully agree.

He's shouldered a huge workload & we've now got the resource to manage him a bit more sympathetically.

32 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Fully agree.

He's shouldered a huge workload & we've now got the resource to manage him a bit more sympathetically.

There is great strength in depth now with our forward line.

Same with midfield and we now have backups for the goalkeeper position too.

Injuries to our defenders is the real concern with regards to strength in resources now!

3 minutes ago, Marky. said:

There is great strength in depth now with our forward line.

Same with midfield and we now have backups for the goalkeeper position too.

Injuries to our defenders is the real concern with regards to strength in resources now!

Aye - as I posted elsewhere, hope Keirnan's not badly injured.

Holt can't get back to fitness & firm quick enough, though!