Buying Rangers Merchandise

tazzabear

A few weeks back there was a thread on here where posters told why they were continuing to buy in the shop at the 

stadium and wear strips etc.

One of the reasons offered was at least some money was going into the club.

Another was that fans wanted to show their support for the club by wearing the strip.

There were others but, some I'd rather not discuss those in this thread

My question is, given that it has been stated that the club get less than five pence for every pound spent, this was stated by Mark Guidi on Radio Clyde the other night, do those of you who have been buying, still feel the same?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was adamant that one option was right and the other was wrong but after reading that statement, and let's face it, it's not from any Johnny Nobody, but indeed Mark Guidi, I feel the needle on my moral barometer has moved somewhat on the question of buying merchandise.

I'M NOW ALL FOR IT! ALL HAIL (HAIL) TAZZAMAN AND MARK GUIDI.

Fuckin' wankshot.

31 minutes ago, Blumhoilann said:

Is this a new angle to get people to avoid buying REAL Rangers gear?

(tu) The only way to ensure that the money goes into The Rangers coffers is buy a season ticket or a ticket for each game if you are that worried about the cash falling into any of the barra boys pockets! :sherlock:

PS - That's barra boys plural no just ashley ! And basically it's your money though do what the fuck you like with it!

Ashley owns part of Tesco, debenhams, House of Fraser, Republic, cruise to name but a few. Have we to boycott them aswel?

I will buy what I want and when I want but I do hope the board sort out the contract.

I will always only buy original Rangers gear rather than your shite made by the fans groups who I believe are also exploiting our situation.

Every Rangers fan should he buying a young relation, neighbour's kid a Rangers top for the one reason of getting kids wearing them again while out playing, if the boycotters want to continue not buying adult tops I have not got any problems with that, we need to be looking longterm and get the young ones hooked if not our club will have problems down the line in attracting fans to the games never mind the selling tops.

2 hours ago, tazzabear said:

A finweeks back thne was a thread ton here where posters told why they were continuing to buy in the shop at the 

Another was that fans wanted to show their support for the club by wearing the strip.

My question is, given that it has been stated that the club get less than five pence for every pound spent, this was stated by Mark Guidi on Radio Clyde the other night, do those of you who have been buying, still feel the same?

It may be 4p or 5p at the moment but will be £'s IN years to come, but IF we dont hook the youth of today INto being Rangers fans IT wont be even 4p as we wont have a generation supporting us, they will be Chelsea or BarcElona Or who ever. We need longterm gain not a short fix.

Even if we only get 4p out of every pound, it's better to have as many people as possible out there on the streets (and at matches) wearing Rangers tops, would much rather anyone was wearing a Rangers top or bought a Rangers top, than a Barca one for example like some people when nothing goes to the club from just buying other team's tops. I know it's a miniscule amount, but if I'm not buying a Rangers top then I won''t buy any other teams.

25 minutes ago, piperpete said:

Every Rangers fan should he buying a young relation, neighbour's kid a Rangers top for the one reason of getting kids wearing them again while out playing, if the boycotters want to continue not buying adult tops I have not got any problems with that, we need to be looking longterm and get the young ones hooked if not our club will have problems down the line in attracting fans to the games never mind the selling tops.

Good shout

35 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Ashley owns part of Tesco, debenhams, House of Fraser, Republic, cruise to name but a few. Have we to boycott them aswel?

I will buy what I want and when I want but I do hope the board sort out the contract.

I will always only buy original Rangers gear rather than your shite made by the fans groups who I believe are also exploiting our situation.

Of course. It's your money and you are perfectly entitled to give it to a fat rodent if you choose. You make it impossible for the board to sort out the contract though. 

2 hours ago, tazzabear said:

A few weeks back there was a thread on here where posters told why they were continuing to buy in the shop at the 

How's about you worry about what you do with your money and let every individual make the choice.

13 minutes ago, Heshootshescores said:

Of course. It's your money and you are perfectly entitled to give it to a fat rodent if you choose. You make it impossible for the board to sort out the contract though. 

If the board can't sort out the contract due to me then they cleary need to step aside. I suppose if it wasn't for me and others not boycotting anything over the last few years then we would have a club. No need to thank us we done it for love and not plaudits ?

A great point is, which someone has already pointed out, I would rather the club profit from merchandise rather than fan groups, who are sometimes self-professed heroes (who with no disrespect just seem intent on trying to make themselves look good rather than the club). Any of them could say 'Profits go to the club' - but for all we know - they might take a cut of the money for the efforts they put in, before giving it to the club, it seems like using the club as a vehicle to try and make themselves money and famous, I personally wouldn't buy any of it

With the Rangers Retail accounts due to be made public this week and a possible desire to capitalise on the 51% of profit attributable to RFC as a result of the repayment of the £5 million loan, I can see a desire for King and the bears including the new guys from Hong Kong to start being slightly positive about the deal. If for example the return on sales ends up being 20% then for every pound spent SD get 98p and RFC get £1.02. A £10 million spend gets RFC over £1 million.   This is another million the 3 bears don't need to find.

I would not be surprised to see an non negative message appear this week which will made the remaining stock of "alternative " merchandise worthless overnight. Might be the reason for the final negative 4p in the pound spin and protest yesterday.