Buying Rangers Merchandise

tazzabear

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

If the board can't sort out the contract due to me then they cleary need to step aside. I suppose if it wasn't for me and others not boycotting anything over the last few years then we would have a club. No need to thank us we done it for love and not plaudits ?

I agree with most of what you say in that I would never boycott games and have no interest in buying from fans groups. I'm still no sure how we can get SD to renegotiate though while we continue to buy their stuff. 

Just now, AlBear85 said:

You sure?

It was supposed to be last week before...

Companies house should have had them by the 31st January like they did past 2 years but it takes Companies house 10-15 days to check and upload them into the public domain. 

Last 2 years its been the 6th and 16th February that they have become public.

18 minutes ago, Heshootshescores said:

I agree with most of what you say in that I would never boycott games and have no interest in buying from fans groups. I'm still no sure how we can get SD to renegotiate though while we continue to buy their stuff. 

I hope the clubs lawyers are building a case to say that it's that one sided and it shouldn't have been signed. I'm also not sure if the outcome of the latest court case will have any impact on the contract but time will tell. 

Some other posts are saying the retail financials will be released soon, so the figures will be interesting.

1 hour ago, Bad Robot said:

I hope the clubs lawyers are building a case to say that it's that one sided and it shouldn't have been signed. I'm also not sure if the outcome of the latest court case will have any impact on the contract but time will tell. 

Some other posts are saying the retail financials will be released soon, so the figures will be interesting.

If the 7 year clause was added by Llambias late in 2014 then that should be fairly easy to challenge. How could it possibly be acting in the best interests of Rangers?

Just need to be careful SD don't end up with 100% of RR even if its non trading and deal is broken because RR hold exclusive licenses for all the IP so RFC couldn't start selling stuff themselves or license others to use it while the RR entity exists.  The easy way to take control is to either take 100% ownership of RR or have it dissolved. 

4 minutes ago, weeneily said:

If the 7 year clause was added by Llambias late in 2014 then that should be fairly easy to challenge. How could it possibly be acting in the best interests of Rangers?

Just need to be careful SD don't end up with 100% of RR even if its non trading and deal is broken because RR hold exclusive licenses for all the IP so RFC couldn't start selling stuff themselves or license others to use it while the RR entity exists.  The easy way to take control is to either take 100% ownership of RR or have it dissolved. 

SD can already purchase RRL from under us for just one years total profits, can't they?

19 minutes ago, AlBear85 said:

SD can already purchase RRL from under us for just one years total profits, can't they?

Yes if there is a breakdown in relationship that cant be resolved so there needs to be extreme care around any fallout.  Otherwise RR could have a monopoly on RFC merchandise supply in eternity as a 100% subsidiary of SD.

4 minutes ago, weeneily said:

Yes if there is a breakdown in relationship that cant be resolved so there needs to be extreme care around any fallout.  Otherwise RR could have a monopoly on RFC merchandise supply in eternity as a 100% subsidiary of SD.

What can we do? Convince MA to just let RRL give control of our IP back to the club? Seems more than unlikely.

Best chance, IMO, we get the entire deal terminated in a court of law if possible. If not, then it looks like our retail arm is fucked.

17 minutes ago, weeneily said:

So is this not more of a reason to buy merchandise from megastore,  if if we're to buy out our share in rrl, it would cost them more, instead this boycotting is playing into there hands 

54 minutes ago, weeneily said:

I thought the club has now returned to its 51% share in RR and surely we would still have the control to dissolve or not shouId the current contract is binned through the courts ?

I dont see buying a top as funding Ashley same as i dont see buying  ST as funding a board or a CEO. I buy a ticket so i can go to a game and i buy shirts so my Daughter  and i can wear our Club colours and show support to the team. I doubt theres  a single fan on Earth who buys a shirt  support MA.

7 hours ago, Bad Robot said:

Ashley owns part of Tesco, debenhams, House of Fraser, Republic, cruise to name but a few. Have we to boycott them aswel?

Are any of the stores you mention ripping off Rangers?

SD certainly are and for that reason I won't buy anything from the cunts, at the same time I respect your right  to spend your money on whatever you want, 

Buy your Rangers Shirt wherever, wear it with pride. Wear your Rangers Shirt wherever, wear it with pride. Until a real leader with money has his hand on the tiller then the only way to keep the gates open is to invest in The Rangers by buying entry money either with season tickets or a ticket on the day, simples ! :sherlock:

If no-one bought any tops for 7 years, that would surely bring down the value of our next deal too, in my view you win some you lose some just buy the official tops if you were going to, don't let your son or daughter miss out if they want one just because of what the papers say

1 hour ago, Real Ranger said:

Are any of the stores you mention ripping off Rangers?

SD certainly are and for that reason I won't buy anything from the cunts, at the same time I respect your right  to spend your money on whatever you want, 

Not as far as I know but surely anyone boycotting would adopt a principle of not giving the fat one a penny.

6 minutes ago, weeneily said:

The companies act.:wink:

Last 2 years the accounts were lodged at companies house on the 30th and 31st January. In the public domain a week or 2 later.

I knew that part Neilly but If I'm not wrong Albear is hinting that somebody said they would have been released last week. He has mentioned it as a dig a few times now. (tu)

14 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Not as far as I know but surely anyone boycotting would adopt a principle of not giving the fat one a penny.

I'm not going to boycott any organisation including Rangers simply because Ashley may have invested in them but I won't buy from one that is ripping our club off.