Buying Rangers Merchandise

tazzabear

50 minutes ago, TheLawMan said:

I knew that part Neilly but If I'm not wrong Albear is hinting that somebody said they would have been released last week. He has mentioned it as a dig a few times now. (tu)

I know you would know that.  The accounts went public on the 6th February  2 years ago so I said last week I was looking forward to them last week. I'm guessing it might have been a dig at me but maybe he was being serious and not a cheeky wee monkey.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before MA and SD got involved with Rangers merchandise I never even thought about how much the club got for any strip I was buying for my kids. Never once did it cross my mind into wondering if Rangers were getting a good deal out of my purchases, before SD.

Now, if I'm going to purchase any Rangers gear, I need a calculator, and an HND in Accountancy, or a Scottish equivalent, before I do my shopping.

10 hours ago, Willis said:

I dont see buying a top as funding Ashley same as i dont see buying  ST as funding a board or a CEO. I buy a ticket so i can go to a game and i buy shirts so my Daughter  and i can wear our Club colours and show support to the team. I doubt theres  a single fan on Earth who buys a shirt  support MA.

Exactly, the top has the Rangers crest on it not a selfie of a greedy man

12 hours ago, weeneily said:

I know you would know that.  The accounts went public on the 6th February  2 years ago so I said last week I was looking forward to them last week. I'm guessing it might have been a dig at me but maybe he was being serious and not a cheeky wee monkey.

Ah that makes sense. Typical MO. (tu);)

On 07/02/2016 at 10:27 AM, tazzabear said:

My question is, given that it has been stated that the club get less than five pence for every pound spent, this was stated by Mark Guidi on Radio Clyde the other night, do those of you who have been buying, still feel the same?

My question to you (and to everyone else reading this thread) is:

Have you bought any Official Merchandise from our very own RM Charity Sale?  

If not, why not???

Well the accounts of RR are now officially flagged as overdue so they have not even reached companies house yet. Very strange for a part owned subsidiary of a PLC to be late.

I wonder if there are late negotiations going on to come to a dividend arrangement to blow the 4p in the £1 out the water leading perhaps for both sides burying the hatchet in the interest of profit to get together to start encouraging fans to flock to the shops.

Probably not mind you.

1 hour ago, weeneily said:

Well the accounts of RR are now officially flagged as overdue so they have not even reached companies house yet. Very strange for a part owned subsidiary of a PLC to be late.

I wonder if there are late negotiations going on to come to a dividend arrangement to blow the 4p in the £1 out the water leading perhaps for both sides burying the hatchet in the interest of profit to get together to start encouraging fans to flock to the shops.

Probably not mind you.

Would be the sensible option.

4 hours ago, weeneily said:

Probably not mind you.

They have been flagged since the 1st Neily. My understanding is that the flag is automatic and any accounts received but not uploaded to the site would show as such until such times as they are uploaded. 

That is not to say that they have been received of course. (tu)

Keep your eye out today. :D

6 hours ago, TheLawMan said:

Just looking at last years and they were received on 30/01/15 but not uploaded until 16/02/15. 

Will depend on current backlog if they are overdue or not. (tu)

No,  the accounts only show as overdue if they are not received (usually electronically via Webfiling) at companies house by midnight 9 months after the year end. They sit with an " OVERDUE ! " status at companies house to help people looking to credit check the company or whatever. Nothing to do with when they become visible to the public (that is at the whim of the civil servants to upload them to the enquiry system).

The overdue status vanishes immediately the electronic submission hits companies house regardless of when it become visible to the likes of us.

These accounts have not reached companies house yet and are now 12 days late. 

3 minutes ago, weeneily said:

No,  the accounts only show as overdue if they are not received (usually electronically via Webfiling) at companies house by midnight 9 months after the year end. They sit with an " OVERDUE ! " status at companies house to help people looking to credit check the company or whatever. Nothing to do with when they become visible to the public (that is at the whim of the civil servants to upload them to the enquiry system).

The overdue status vanishes immediately the electronic submission hits companies house regardless of when it become visible to the likes of us.

These accounts have not reached companies house yet and are now 12 days late. 

Im pretty sure the same thing happened last year and it was questioned by folk at the time, only for them to update 18 days after receipt. (tu)

As an aside though, 1 of my previous companies whose accounts were due on 31st submitted on the 29th and they were updated to CH on the 9th (11 day delay).  They are total exemption small company accounts though so not sure if full accounts would take longer to upload.  

If you are correct then we wont see these accounts until at least 23rd Feb now then. (tu)

46 minutes ago, TheLawMan said:

Im pretty sure the same thing happened last year and it was questioned by folk at the time, only for them to update 18 days after receipt. (tu)

As an aside though, 1 of my previous companies whose accounts were due on 31st submitted on the 29th and they were updated to CH on the 9th (11 day delay).  They are total exemption small company accounts though so not sure if full accounts would take longer to upload.  

If you are correct then we wont see these accounts until at least 23rd Feb now then. (tu)

They didn't show up last year till a couple weeks after deadline but RR didn't have an overdue status showing because they had been submitted (as you can see on the barcoded stamp on the pdf's of the accounts prior to end day 31/1/15).  The big problem is that as soon as accounts are late it adversely affects the companies credit rating. This is what alerted me.

Anyway, maybe there is some great post balance sheet event activity that is delaying submission. And as you say, could be at least 23rd Feb before we see things.

31 minutes ago, Willis said:

What will happen if the Club comes to an arrangement that suits both SD and the Club?

Will they continue to boycott until MA is gone completely

Yes, until their glorious leader gets his Bentley and Jaguar back, in my opinion obviously.