Yesterday's Game Compared To Embra Derby Today

BridgeIsBlue

Don't see the point in talking about games that don't involve us. Completely different though. Hearts are a decent attacking side in the top half of the SPL trying to win the game as you would expect an SPL side to do against a Championship side. Hibs are a decent side with nothing to lose, who won't sit in so fair play to them for coming back and forcing the replay. Also a Derby so form tends to go out the window. If Hibs couldn't raise themselves for that they have serious problems. 

Kilmarnock played purely to avoid being beaten, which given they are supposedly a league above us is pathetic but says a lot about where they see themselves as a club. They know we are bigger and better. It is all about us.  

20 minutes ago, DrLaudrup said:

Don't see the point in talking about games that don't involve us. Completely different though. Hearts are a decent attacking side in the top half of the SPL trying to win the game as you would expect an SPL side to do against a Championship side. Hibs are a decent side with nothing to lose, who won't sit in so fair play to them for coming back and forcing the replay. Also a Derby so form tends to go out the window. If Hibs couldn't raise themselves for that they have serious problems. 

Kilmarnock played purely to avoid being beaten, which given they are supposedly a league above us is pathetic but says a lot about where they see themselves as a club. They know we are bigger and better. It is all about us.  

Ffs ye done no bad when there's no point :541:

Point scoring nonsense, Hibs deserve praise.

those without a chip on their shoulder would see that as a positive in two ways

1. We're 8 points ahead of a very good Hibs team.

2. Another indicator that we're not as far away as people think.

it also shows just how difficult it's going to be to win this league

I dont get this Championship, Premiership crap. Us and Hivs really should be playing in a higher division. Just because we are playing in the championship does not make us a championship team. Against killie yesterday it was just like a game against any other decent championship side. Albeit Falkirk actually caused us more problems than killie did. On another day it could have and should have been 3 or 4 nil, bar some woeful finishing.  

30 minutes ago, DrLaudrup said:

Good points here but Killie did come to us on the back of a horsing which cost them their manager.

Who, out of MW & Jig, went home last night saying 'job done'?

5 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

Point scoring nonsense, Hibs deserve praise.

those without a chip on their shoulder would see that as a positive in two ways

1. We're 8 points ahead of a very good Hibs team.

2. Another indicator that we're not as far away as people think.

it also shows just how difficult it's going to be to win this league

Very realistic summary.

I'm out of likes for today, I'm afraid.

Just now, cumnockbear said:

Aye he's shite though, stoke or cummings i would prefer 'long term' injuries to happen to.

aye know what you mean but if Thomson is his replacement while out then won't be long before he's out injured as well

Unlike Rangers, hibs are in the Championship on their (lack of) merit. We are only here because of all the back stabbing/fake tax cases etc.

We did not score but we were dominant. I did not watch the Edinburgh game so I cannot comment on how come they managed to get 2 goals back but there's no way I am going to praise them like some people on here seem to want to do.

4 hours ago, wearethepeople1 said:

We should have won comfortably yesterday 

hibs were 2-0 down at tynecastle and got a replay 

They deserve praise to be fair 

They deserve praise for what, going down by two or fighting back.  Thank goodness we hold ourselves to a higher standard.  (tu)

We really need to get over this Hivs thing .The one that they are even relevant to us .Some might think they are but for me ,it's about what we do from now till end of the season .I'm glad we never got praise for Killie game  .The players will now hopefully be hungry to make up for not killing them off yesterday.