Buy My Fake Rangers Merchandise

tannerall

I think there could be a few bob to be made from selling my own Rangers merchandise.

Perhaps a red/black striped football shirt with the legend "We Are Not AC Milan, We Are Just Unhappy With Our Sports Retailer" would be popular ?

Or  maybe I could sell Craig Whyte and Chuckles Green dolls after the trial is over, and wee boxes of pins to go. Could prove popular. 

Any other suggestions ? 

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, tannerall said:

I think there could be a few bob to be made from selling my own Rangers merchandise.

Perhaps a red/black striped football shirt with the legend "We Are Not AC Milan, We Are Just Unhappy With Our Sports Retailer" would be popular ?

Or  maybe I could sell Craig Whyte and Chuckles Green dolls after the trial is over, and wee boxes of pins to go. Could prove popular. 

Any other suggestions ? 

Sell it on eBay an donate the money to the club, if you make £50 that would be equivalent to £1250 through the mega store tills

8 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Any other suggestions ? 

You havent mentioned Mike Ashley or SD once. Clearly in it for yourself

17 minutes ago, The Dude said:

You could join the scarf hawkers who've been outside Ibrox for years. Or is their fake Rangers merch acceptable?

My local MP is a Tory so I'm sure she'd back my own, ( as well as the hawker's) "free market, let's shaft someone else and make money" principles.

21 minutes ago, jim beam said:

Aye as long as you donate more than four pence in the pound to RFC everything should be cushty.

You can even get TLM to endorse your deal as the best we could have got.

:lol: :lol: does it count if the "profits donated to the club" were through season ticket purchases, in the hospitality lounge

38 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Any other suggestions ? 

2hy9jxj.jpg

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

You could join the scarf hawkers who've been outside Ibrox for years. Or is their fake Rangers merch acceptable?

Do these guys ask you to buy their stuff in place of the official merchandise, do they claim to give x amount to the club. At least they sell gear in Rangers colours, and before anyone gives it red and black blah blah, you know fine well what i mean. As bad as Man U fans and their green and yellow or whatever the hell colour is spattered among the United colours, it's an embarassment.

9 minutes ago, bears fan said:

Do these guys ask you to buy their stuff in place of the official merchandise, do they claim to give x amount to the club. At least they sell gear in Rangers colours, and before anyone gives it red and black blah blah, you know fine well what i mean. As bad as Man U fans and their green and yellow or whatever the hell colour is spattered among the United colours, it's an embarassment.

Yes. They would much rather you bought their shit than walked by and went to the megastore and spent your cash there. If they didn't they wouldn't be stood outside selling their stuff. 

If we're going to greet about fake merch should we not greet about the stuff that doesn't even pretend to be putting something back in too? 

So much old stuff I could re-introduce and sell on the streets outside Ibrox on match days.  

6 packs of toilet rolls for celebrating goals, the old Union Jack painted crash helmets for when bits of stadium lighting fall or cellic fans start tumbling out the stands when we play them again, maybe even an updated version of the Scottish Protestant View.

My view is, that all of these unofficial side sellers harm our clubs official sellers around the stadium, who sell official rising stars lotto tickets (which help the youth system) & match programme sellers etc. Away with the unofficial ones and just buy scarves & pinbadges etc from the Official Megastore. (Obviously the store would be busy on matchdays but they could obviously put official distributors around the stadium). I bought a scarf once (and also one against Zenit and that was it) and you don't need to buy one before every match, you could also just buy your gear not on a matchday from the official store then take it on matchdays even via online order.

I obviously don't think the unofficial sellers will stop trying to sell their stuff all around Ibrox unfortunately.

I agree the red & black stuff is an eyesore, and making it not the same official colours at least of our club is an embarrassment. 

I think we could maybe do a lot better with what is being sold around matchdays, a good idea for me would be official club sellers doing kids and adults face painting of Union Jacks or Rangers badges even (within health and safety, and time, maybe with good paints that wash away easy, otherwise not a good idea)  which could make tens of thousands of pounds every year. I don't have a child but would rather spend a fiver on facepainting every time rather than unofficial sellers. (if 8,000 faces were painted every matchday at £5 each, that would be £40,000 per match, it could be £20,000 profit every match who knows what the costs behind it are). Obviously we would need to make a conscious effort to fill every seat too instead of redirecting ticket money into this stream. We could bring the Rangers replica team bus mini models back into the store etc. so every young fan gets one of them.

20 minutes ago, TonyRice1872 said:

To be honest my view is all of these side sellers harm our clubs selling channels of sellers around the stadium selling official rising stars lotto tickets (which help the youth system) & match programme sellers etc. Away with them all and just buy scarves & pinbadges etc from the Official Megastore. (Obviously the store would be busy on matchdays but they could obviously put official distributors around the stadium). I bought a scarf once and you don't need to buy one before every match, you could also just buy your gear not on a matchday from the official store then take it on matchdays.

I doubt the hawkers will stop trying to sell their stuff all around Ibrox though. It isn't 'great Rangers guys' or anything who sell scarves etc it's just people who want to make money.

I agree the red & black stuff is an eyesore, and making it not the same official colours at least of our club is an embarrassment. 

I agree, all those sellers in your first sentence add up to a lot of sellers. 

And you're right the red and black stuff is an eyesore, I'll probably go for black and red myself, plagarising the plagarists, do you think they'll notice ? 

Big Mikes lawyers have me worried though. Word on the street is they are unbeatable, but that wasn't the word on Edmiston Drive recently. For all i know big Mikey's probably in cohorts with admin on here and probably has all the user names like "tannerall"etc under his own copyright. 

Worrying times indeed, sooner he goes the better, it's not over until the fat man sings they say, but I don't even know if Mikey knows any of our songs. 

Just now, tannerall said:

I agree all those sellers in your first sentence add up to a lot of sellers. 

And you're right the red and black stuff is an eyesore, I'll probably go for black and red myself, plagarising the plagarists, do you think they'll notice. 

Big Mikes lawyers have me worried though.For all i know big Mikey's probably in cohorts with admin on here and probably has all the user names like "tannerall"etc under his own copyright. 

Worrying times indeed, sooner he goes the better, it's not over until the fat man sings they say, but I don't even know if Mikey knows any of our songs. 

I edited my post since you quoted it mate but it could be off the mark lol

41 minutes ago, tannerall said:

So much old stuff I could re-introduce and sell on the streets outside Ibrox on match days.  

6 packs of toilet rolls for celebrating goals, the old Union Jack painted crash helmets for when bits of stadium lighting fall or cellic fans start tumbling out the stands when we play them again, maybe even an updated version of the Scottish Protestant View.

Never mind the old stuff.

Magic hats and levitating balls. That's what you want to sell.

al6pzm.jpg