Motherwell escape punishment for pitch invasion

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, Ryju84 said:

Probably because there wasn't any police witnesses?? 

motherwell.jpg

21 minutes ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

Our brave policemen,just think it's this lot protecting us from terrorism.

It says it all when some (presumably) minimum wage security guys are in at their fans (one with arms outstretched to usher them back) - while the police stand about 10 feet away...

1 hour ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Six months to investigate this and hee-haw punishment???????

Motherwell have been found guilty of breaching SPFL rules on unacceptable conduct by supporters during last season's play-off final against Rangers.

Following an investigation, the league body has identified multiple failures by the club in dealing with supporters during and after the match, where police were forced to intervene after home fans invaded the pitch following Motherwell's 6-1 aggregate victory over the Ibrox side.

However, the club has not been punished at this time and has been given 18 months to deal with issues raised at the game and make change to their match organisation, security arrangements and supporter organisation.

They've been given 18 months to deal with issues, yet apparently they have this pitch invasion every season. They could easily be in a play off again and the same situation could arise again, yet they don't have to deal with it till next year. Fucking genius!

1 minute ago, allgers said:

If you pick this part of the statement out its quite damning,

"taunting and provoking the Rangers FC supporters who remained in the South Stand; all of which constituted Unacceptable Conduct"

The thing is, I read this bit as Rangers fans shouldn't have remained in the South Stand... they should have went away? Even though at every game, away fans are asked to wait behind are they not? 

On another note, I see no mention of the guy that hit Jig with a flag... 

1 hour ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

It's all on film and Motherwell cant identify any of those on the park.

Good luck with that facial recognition.

It'll only work effectively with blue, red and white being predominant colours in the background.

The main point is that we were well beaten over 2 matches. What their fans did was predictable. They were relieved at staying up and very happy to have beaten us. We have won at their expense so many times that I'm happy to give them this one.

I still think that several of our players under performed at Ibrox in the first leg.

11 minutes ago, IanFerguson2013 said:

The main point is that we were well beaten over 2 matches. What their fans did was predictable. They were relieved at staying up and very happy to have beaten us. We have won at their expense so many times that I'm happy to give them this one.

I still think that several of our players under performed at Ibrox in the first leg.

Too many games over a short period using the same players rather than mix it up cost us.

The point is if it was us points would have been docked if that's possible but most certainly a huge fine.

2 hours ago, cushynumber said:

what message does that send out? its ok to invade a pitch and taunt Rangers supporters when you win? but a Rangers player gets a red card for a fist in the air as he could have "incited a riot"?

Great post mate.  The double standards are fucking shocking.