Motherwell escape punishment for pitch invasion

8 minutes ago, bluedart1952 said:

Going by the spfl's judgement on this, its a wonder there isn't an addon to it, that Rangers are to be fined because their fans goaded the motherwell fans to come onto the pitch in the first place.  Scottish football is dying because it is run by a shower of corrupt incompetent Bastards!!

Don't even joke about that it will give them ideas lol

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To consider it another way, the reason behind the decision.

There was a pitch invasion. That's bad. The SFA/SPFL want to mitigate the chance that it will happen again. 

They could fine the club - or close the ground for a match - but long term what does that accomplish? The club pays the fine and everyone moves on and pretends like it never happened. Nothing has happened to stop it happening again, other than the club being a little irked that they had to write a cheque.

If Motherwell instead spend that money training staff, improving procedures, and banning those responsible, then this is significantly less likely to be allowed to happen again. If they can satisfy that this has been done and successfully implemented over the course of next season, then they won't face any sanctions.

Governing bodies need to focus more of preventing incidents from happening again, rather than just blindly punishing those that are guilty without a thought for cause or likelihood of it happening again.

3 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

it was to give Motherwell time to deal with the problems themselves; train the staff, catch and ban the culprits,

The board at motherwell have already had six months to catch the culprits and have done hee haw, so I don't think there will be much getting done, another good old sweep sweep job.

4 hours ago, cushynumber said:

fuck me. The first 2 points in the statement make it our fault

Just read the statement back and it's complete and utter bollocks .Anyone that was lucky enough to get a ticket for this game will know how vigilant the security was that day .4 or 5 waves of security muppets were there gistapoesque making it impossible for breaches within our support .Lying scumbags are almost making it sound like it was our responsibility .This has to be challenged surely by Rangers .It won't as it would probably come back to haunt us .

16 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

There was a pitch invasion. That's bad. The SFA/SPFL want to mitigate the chance that it will happen again. 

They could fine the club - or close the ground for a match - but long term what does that accomplish? The club pays the fine and everyone moves on and pretends like it never happened. Nothing has happened to stop it happening again, other than the club being a little irked that they had to write a cheque.

If Motherwell instead spend that money training staff, improving procedures, and banning those responsible, then this is significantly less likely to be allowed to happen again. If they can satisfy that this has been done and successfully implemented over the course of next season, then they won't face any sanctions.

Governing bodies need to focus more of preventing incidents from happening again, rather than just blindly punishing those that are guilty without a thought for cause or likelihood of it happening again.

So what do we have to do then occupy the pitch at Ibrox for 5 minutes as a protest before the next home game?

At this stage the very least Motherwell could do is apologise to the Rangers Fans whose safety they compromised.

They might also like to acknowledge the impeccable behaviour of a visiting support who were goaded and spat at yet chose not to react.

A no brainer here to anyone who sustained an injury or suffered  PTSD  to  sue Motherwell FC

1 hour ago, Ryju84 said:

Again, similar to my first comment on here, this one can go unpunished due to lack of any "official" witnesses, i.e. stewards. I don't see any in that pic!

Everyone in that photie looks like fuckin inbreds, all too close relatives for normal folk, including the stewards.

1 hour ago, Creampuff said:

I actually don't mind the 18-month delay. It's a little longer than it has to be, but if anyone actually bothered to read why it was delayed, it was to give Motherwell time to deal with the problems themselves; train the staff, catch and ban the culprits,

They have had six months - caught and banned nobody. Do you HONESTLY believe that will change in the next year and a fucking half ?????? For fuck sake man. How's life on the planet moondwiesel???

3 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

They have had six months - caught and banned nobody. Do you HONESTLY believe that will change in the next year and a fucking half ?????? For fuck sake man. How's life on the planet moondwiesel???

Whether I think they will change things is irrelevant. I believe they should be given the chance to.

2 hours ago, Bogtrotters said:

SPFL statement doesn't state there are no sanctions

It will decide in 18 months

Meantime, if we are due to play Motherwell before the 18 months us fans need to demand another venue

Based on the report, it is quite obvious neither the SPFL nor Motherwell can guarantee the safety of our players and our fans within the 18 months. They made the rod, so let's beat them with it.

2 hours ago, Creampuff said:

I agree. Great idea.

Looking at solutions to problems and finding new ways to show the authorities can use common sense.

Just as great an idea as rescinding the second yellow card for the fistpump.

Level playing field needed first.

11 minutes ago, Bears said:

I agree. Great idea.

Looking at solutions to problems and finding new ways to show the authorities can use common sense.

Just as great an idea as rescinding the second yellow card for the fistpump.

Level playing field needed first.

You can't use one bad decision as a counter argument against a good one. It doesn't make sense.

Consistency makes sense

1 hour ago, Creampuff said:

You can't use one bad decision as a counter argument against a good one. It doesn't make sense.

Consistency makes sense. This is not consistent.

And there might be previous regarding Rangers having decisions against us.

Do you think Motherwell fans acting like this against in a match against Aberdeen, or dare I say it, celtc, would be given perceivably a free pass for their actions?

I say a free pass as I cannot recall any report stating that Motherwell have identified any of the culprits so far.

As I said, good idea, if there was a level playing field.

I do think the idea of invading the pitch at Easter Road following a title win would be a really good test of double standards so anyone lucky enough to be there get out your seat and give it a go.

My last pitch invasion was in Barcelona in '72. I was chased out the stadium by the Spanish polis and got whacked twice on the way out.

The judgment states that it was customary for Motherwell fans to invade the pitch after the last home game of the season.         Since they've got 18 months to sort out the issues,  does that mean they can do it again this season and next? If so then surely it's ok for us to do the same when we win promotion.

Jesus fuck, so they have been found guilty of not doing enough, been rapped on the knuckles for lack of training (flare disposal), been shown to have not done enough to identify the culprits since the event occurred, been given 18 months to improve but not been punished.

Does sporting integrity remain in the SFA dictionary or did they have that removed three years ago? 

19 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

Rumour mill has been in overdrive today that they are facing administration this week. Personally I couldn't give two fucks about them or any subsequent points deduction, but not at the expense of Dundee Hivs staying up.

There looks to be about three folk on twitter posting about this claimed admin. All citing one of the same fuckwits who claim we're going into admin every other week as the source.

I think i'll file this one as pish.