Squad Rotation Versus Alloa

2 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

I think a fully fit O'Halloran and King is probably more effective than a jaded Miller and Waghorn.

I understand what you are saying, but the more important match surely has to be the Alloa one. We need to keep winning our games in the league. Waghorn is a player where a goal can come at anytime. He's probably the best player in the division; with Holt back that might bring him back to his best.I'd rest Miller though, and use O'Halloran and McKay. 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Smile said:

I think we do have to freshen it up a bit but happy with the results even though they have not been high scoring games, we haven't conceded which is always good.

I think with Holt back we will get more movement and we will start to score more again.

Yes.

Re Holt, he may just need a bit of game time to get back up to speed, but was nice to see him back again.

17 hours ago, ThatNightInFlorence said:

Does anyone else think that it would be wise of us to make a few changes to the team for Saturday's game against Alloa with the Kilmarnock game coming quite soon after it?

I think rotating the front 3 in particular would be a good thing at the weekend, especially as it's an artificial surface so I dread to think what an injury to say Waghorn would do for our season. I would definitely start Holt though to get him back up to speed after missing a few games. 

I would go something like: 

Wes 

Tav Ball Wilson Wallace 

Holt Halliday Zelalem 

King O'Halloran Forrester 

A think we should as well but drop Halliday and play law 

10 hours ago, Skyson1872 said:

What you have said is ridiculous. He has continually said players will play if they are ready and deserve to, maybe he didn't think Aird was doing better than Tav in training, or any of the front 3 which is understandable.

Ridiculous..ha ha.

Much as i like the gaffer, i think he misses a trick by not rotating enough.

If we are winning comfortably why dont we put on Hardie or Thompson? There is no point in bringing on Shiels and playing him out of position or Law as they likely wont be here next season.

Waggys form has shaded, I'd give him a rest for MOH, King I'd bring in for Miller as two games close together might be a lot for him, Kiernan I'd rest since he picked up a minor injury. Drop Ball back to defence and Halliday back to CDM. 

Law in for Kiernan. 

Wes

Tav, Ball, Wilson, Wallace

Law, Halliday, Holt,

King, MOH, MacKay

9 hours ago, Turnberry18 said:

I understand what you are saying, but the more important match surely has to be the Alloa one. We need to keep winning our games in the league. Waghorn is a player where a goal can come at anytime. He's probably the best player in the division; with Holt back that might bring him back to his best.I'd rest Miller though, and use O'Halloran and McKay. 

I agree he is our best player on par with McKay, but he has been quite poor the last few weeks and looks desperate for a rest, I'd rather have him miss out on a league game and play good against Killie instead of playing poorly in both games. 

13 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

I agree he is our best player on par with McKay, but he has been quite poor the last few weeks and looks desperate for a rest, I'd rather have him miss out on a league game and play good against Killie instead of playing poorly in both games. 

I just think if he is our best player we can't afford to drop him in what is a crucial away match. If he had to be dropped for anything I would, in all honesty, drop him against Kilmarnock; which would be ludicrous. So long as we are dependent on Waghorn he has to play; even below par.

5 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

I just think if he is our best player we can't afford to drop him in what is a crucial away match. If he had to be dropped for anything I would, in all honesty, drop him against Kilmarnock; which would be ludicrous. So long as we are dependent on Waghorn he has to play; even below par.

Hopefully O'Halloran is as effective as Waghorn.

46 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

We are not dependent on Waghorn. He has had a dip in form, as do all players, and his goals have dried up (hopefully not for long) but we have still been winning. No one player makes the team.

5 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

We are not dependent on Waghorn. He has had a dip in form, as do all players, and his goals have dried up (hopefully not for long) but we have still been winning. No one player makes the team.

My argument is that if we did not have Waghorn in our team it would impact on us more than if we were to lose any other players. I would also argue that any team in the world is dependent on its best players, and Waghorn is our best player, arguably.

8 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

My argument is that if we did not have Waghorn in our team it would impact on us more than if we were to lose any other players. I would also argue that any team in the world is dependent on its best players, and Waghorn is our best player, arguably.

Fair do's; you are entitled to your opinion. I feel that we have goals coming from other quarters and that the loss of Holt was a bigger problem than the long term loss of Waghorn would be. Having said that, I hope we don't have to find out.

3 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

Fair do's; you are entitled to your opinion. I feel that we have goals coming from other quarters and that the loss of Holt was a bigger problem than the long term loss of Waghorn would be. Having said that, I hope we don't have to find out.

I just think we need him against Alloa. (tu)

I'd say the League is going to be wrapped up by us anyway, so the Scottish Cup could be just as important for us, as we still have a chance to win a treble this season (we're already in the Petrofac Cup final) and that would give us a chance in the Europa League too next season