Squad Rotation Versus Alloa

Nope, I think we should drop Waghorn for King and King for Forrester and Forrester for O'Halloran, then bring on Waghorn in place of O'halloran for the final 90 minutes and mix it up a bit. Swap Wes with Zelalem, he looks nifty with the ball at his feet and is good in the air for a cross into the box.

Ps I don't think much to the OP's new name for Rangers. It's worse than Cheaper Insurance Stadium!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MOH will be a certain starter, This game will be the perfect game to bed the new players in. I would much rather play MOH instead of miller, albeit he has been decent the last couple of games but MOH is overall the better player now and has pace in abundance which seems to have abandoned miller.

MW always talks about keeping the squad lean and rotating. Saturday is the perfect opportunity in playing Alloa. As much as the league is priority, so is next Tuesday as we have a real good shot at winning the Scottish Cup which means instant European football next year.

7 hours ago, Bearsden bear said:

Would definitely bring MoH for Waggy and maybe King for McKay, so max two out of three for me.

We keep hearing about the importance of the lean squad but consistently fail to utilise it. The amount of times the gaffer gave special mention to Aird yet rarely played the guy was ridiculous...

Its as if MW doesnt trust anyone outside his first 11. Maybe we have slightly better options now so will be interesting to see if he chooses to use them.

What you have said is ridiculous. He has continually said players will play if they are ready and deserve to, maybe he didn't think Aird was doing better than Tav in training, or any of the front 3 which is understandable.

3 hours ago, Smile said:

Play Waghorn through the middle drop Zelalem for Law drop ball for MOH.

Fit the King on somewhere as well.

Who'd be a manager.

Nice to have a few permutations - the team has seemed to pick itself, bar an odd injury here & there.

29 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Nice to have a few permutations - the team has seemed to pick itself, bar an odd injury here & there.

I think we do have to freshen it up a bit but happy with the results even though they have not been high scoring games, we haven't conceded which is always good.

I think with Holt back we will get more movement and we will start to score more again.

With Hivs not playing until 17.15 away at Livi (who have taken home points off us and Falkirk) then this is a must win to put 11 points between us when they kick off.

We all know from experience the pressures that come with playing games in hand. And they will difinitely have more of an eye on their replay than we will on ours I am sure.

It's worth the risk to use the players who will be cup tied against Killie. If Waghorn picked up an injury against Alloa then we are double fucked. He has looked jaded the last few games so wouldn't do any harm to have him on the bench.

Id also rest McKay.

It's not very often I join in a 'My Team Selection' thread, although I have to agree with the posters who would like to see Waghorn rested and be on the bench if required,as the break would do him good and possibly gee him up for the Cup replay. I also think it would be a good move to have McKay on the bench and start with a front three of O'Halloran, Miller/Clark and King which would keep Forrester, Waghorn, McKay fresh for the Killie game; although it wouldn't surprise to see Waghorn and McKay start against Alloa.

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

For me Waghorn and O'Halloran have to start against Alloa. Even a below par Waghorn is still our most involved forward. I'd have a front three of McKay, Waghorn, and O'Halloran; with Waghorn mainly in the middle.

while I agree, we can't risk him, we have two forwards who are cup tied and both players are ready for the first team. I would go with Forrester-O'Halloran-King

Just now, Skyson1872 said:

while I agree, we can't risk him, we have two forwards who are cup tied and both players are ready for the first team. I would go with Forrester-O'Halloran-King

I think it's a risk to leave out our best player for a league away match; especially when our nearest challengers and making it a bit tight with some good results of late. We need our strongest team more for Alloa than for Kilmarnock. 

2 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

I think it's a risk to leave out our best player for a league away match; especially when our nearest challengers and making it a bit tight with some good results of late. We need our strongest team more for Alloa than for Kilmarnock. 

I think a fully fit O'Halloran and King is probably more effective than a jaded Miller and Waghorn.