Getting to Kilmarnock

craigmathies0n

1 hour ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

There is no trains to Kilmarnock thanks to a bridge collapsing there is a bus service though

Na, that's the Lamington Viaduct you're thinking about. Different line. You can get trains to Kilmarnock from Glasgow. Replacement bus service from Kilmarnock to Carlisle.

32 minutes ago, PromDeAnglais said:

Na, that's the Lamington Viaduct you're thinking about. Different line. You can get trains to Kilmarnock from Glasgow. Replacement bus service from Kilmarnock to Carlisle.

I have just heard about it on my way to work so could be wrong but something to look out for at least.

19 hours ago, craigmathies0n said:

What trains would you get to go from any station in Coatbridge (Sunnyside/Whifflet) to get to Kilmarnock and how long will it take? 

Am going on the 17:42 train mate gets you in killie at twenty past 6.

Plenty of time for a few shandys in  the Portland hotel.

6 hours ago, hammer93 said:

Make it over oz and the first round is on me.

Next time I'm over I'll certainly give you a call,mate! I've got a cousin who lived in Kilmaurs who never misses a game at Ibrox or when we play at Rugby Park.

1 hour ago, kris1984 said:

I'll need to watch on interweb, looks impossible for me to get there before KO unless I take the day off.

see this cannie show games on telly when euro games are on, what a load of pish- is it just the UK that happens in?

Not sure TBH, thought it was a UEFA rule.  Any word if the game will be on RTV?

On ‎08‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 10:38 PM, craigmathies0n said:

What trains would you get to go from any station in Coatbridge (Sunnyside/Whifflet) to get to Kilmarnock and how long will it take? 

OK - I'll have a pop......................

1) Leave the house now. You'll spend several days getting through Coatbridge being touched up by priests and bheggars. They'll pass you around like a bag of sweeties until your ronson lighter resembles the flume in The Time Capsule

2) On leaving hospital, crawl down towards the big bad city. Only go via London Rd if you are into poofs, whores and junkies.

3) Only approach the city centre if you are into poofs, whores and junkies

4) At cash converters, flog a load of DVDs for five bob each until you have enough for your charabanc fare out into deepest, darkest Ayrshire

5) Wander along to Anderston Cross bus station. Seek out any time travel methods to take you back to when it was actually open

6) Catch a Western SMT bus via Cardonald, Paisley, Elderslie, Johnstone, Howwood, Lochwinnoch, Beith, Glengarnock, Kilbirnie, Dalry (twice), Kilwinning and get off at Irvine Cross. Seek out a big blue bus and travel via loads of other godforsaken shitholes. The driver will speak a completely foreign language in which each alternate phrase is "ken". (His name may, or may not coincidentally be Ken!)

7) Arrive in darkness about ten minutes after the final whistle

Repeat 1 to 6 above in reverse order.

Hope this helps?

15 hours ago, kris1984 said:

I'll need to watch on interweb, looks impossible for me to get there before KO unless I take the day off.

see this cannie show games on telly when euro games are on, what a load of pish- is it just the UK that happens in?

Why not go into work with a jar of Nuttella spread and at about 11am pull your trousers off and smear the jar's contents into your boxers and down the backs of your legs - rush into your boss shouting "I need to go home as I have just shit myself" - that should allow you plenty of time to get to Kilmarnock in time and as a bonus you have saved a day's annual leave! - you could even swing by Coatbridge and pick up this fella!

I does however scupper any future office romances right enough.... ;)

13 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

How do you know he's "wee"?

Because I saw him this morning getting tickets from Southdown , he's only a young bear wanting to follow his team and he's getting accused of all sorts on here being a Tim etc .so I've been  notified of who he is so I'm offering the young guy a lift down 

4 hours ago, Gartsherriederry said:

Because I saw him this morning getting tickets from Southdown , he's only a young bear wanting to follow his team and he's getting accused of all sorts on here being a Tim etc .so I've been  notified of who he is so I'm offering the young guy a lift down 

Fair enough :lol: 

6 hours ago, Gartsherriederry said:

stranger danger!

6 hours ago, Gartsherriederry said:

Fair play mate, the arse`s on here who must sit on RM in there wee computer worlds ready to pounce on every post, do not take into consideration there young bears registered to this Forum.