Warburton addresses future of Rangers trio, with Ibrox contracts set to expire

LeeWallaceRFC

Just to piss off Corky... :pipe:

I don't see an issue with the Magic situation. A 6 month deal gives the management the opportunity to see the player day in, day out and learn his personality, seeing how he fits in. Then in the summer we can make an informed judgement on Magic long term future as well as Bell's while also watching Bell's fitness.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, AlBear85 said:

Discussing a players future in a topic about players futures...shock horror.

What is it with people like you trying to police every thread? Posting stuff like what you just posted is more derailing than anything in this thread before. You're just trying to start an argument, and you call others trolls. :lol: 

The thread was about specific players; if you wish to discuss others, start a separate thread. Or is that to complicated for you?

1 minute ago, Corky True Legend said:

The thread was about specific players; if you wish to discuss others, start a separate thread. Or is that to complicated for you?

Threads evolve as different opinions are exchanged, it's a natural occurrence and there is nothing wrong with that. Welcome to a forum.

There is no need to start a new thread every time someone has a new thought, the forum would get cluttered with threads on related topics.

If you don't like the way the topic is heading then post something to bring it back on to the topic rather than just posting about trolls.

8 hours ago, Big Al II said:

Perhaps at the time we signed Gostomski MW didn't know how long it would be before Bell was actually fit enough to take a spot on the bench, or how likely it was there was a recurrence of the shoulder injury.

That is a possibility,mate, but considering how thorough and professional Mark Warburton is I would like to think our medical department would have been able to give the gaffer a reasonable prognosis regarding Bell. I have no qualms about the signing of Gostomski if that was the scenario, much the same where he signed King on loan and Forrester on the same 6 month contract because it was clear that Templeton would be a long term injury, but where it puzzles me is that a few weeks after getting Gostomski who had won the Ekstraklasa with Lech Poznan and proven he was one of the best goalkeepers in Poland, Bell goes straight on the bench and has stayed there.

I have faith in Mark Warburton and Jim Stewart, but for me this one doesn't make sense.

4 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

That is a possibility,mate, but considering how thorough and professional Mark Warburton is I would like to think our medical department would have been able to give the gaffer a reasonable prognosis regarding Bell. I have no qualms about the signing of Gostomski if that was the scenario, much the same where he signed King on loan and Forrester on the same 6 month contract because it was clear that Templeton would be a long term injury, but where it puzzles me is that a few weeks after getting Gostomski who had won the Ekstraklasa with Lech Poznan and proven he was one of the best goalkeepers in Poland, Bell goes straight on the bench and has stayed there.

I have faith in Mark Warburton and Jim Stewart, but for me this one doesn't make sense.

Don't know much about him, agree it seems strange, it will be one or the other come the end of the season I suppose.

8 hours ago, writingranger said:

I have it on good authority that he has an unbreakable contract which states that if fit he must sit on the bench.

Like Major Major Major in Catch 22 who would only see people in his office when he was out of his office, so Bell will only play when he is injured and when he's fit he must sit on the bench but never come on.

Actual answer: I dunno, Maybe it's a shop window thing or maybe he's impressed in training

There's no way he can show his talents to another club while sitting on the bench,mate! Unless big Wes gets crocked the only chance of Bell getting on the pitch is the half-time kick about, or playing in the U/20's which is detrimental to the development of McRorie. If he has shown better quality than Gostomski in training, then that would make more sense, although if that's the case I suspect somebody has hit him with a wonder drug.

9 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

Don't know much about him, agree it seems strange, it will be one or the other come the end of the season I suppose.

It certainly looks that way,Al. I've seen Gostomski play many times with Lech Poznan, both on TV and in the flesh; me being a follower of Polish football in general and Legia Warsaw in particular, so i've probably seen Maciej at his best and at his worst and I'm comfortable to say Maciej at his worst is comparable with Bell at his best. :pipe:

Just now, Corky True Legend said:

Depends who we bring in.

That's always the risk Corky but that applies to every football club in the land .Speculate to accumulate even in this game .I'm willing to bet all 3 will be saying ta ta .Not because of ability .Just the wages that will be freed upon its own .Honestly believe Mark will see better value elsewhere here .

Just now, eejay the dj said:

That's always the risk Corky but that applies to every football club in the land .Speculate to accumulate even in this game .I'm willing to bet all 3 will be saying ta ta .Not because of ability .Just the wages that will be freed upon its own .Honestly believe Mark will see better value elsewhere here .

Hope so. Only hope he gets the funds, that's my biggest worry.

8 hours ago, The Dude said:

Some things aren't black and white, but you're talking less than a fortnight here. If they never knew Bell would be ready to be on the bench within a few weeks there's something seriously wrong. Especially now that Gostomski and/or Bell will feature for the U20's to maintain match sharpness and limiting opportunities for McRorie or Kelly to play. 

Wonder if MW is aware of or anticipating a summer offer for Wes, one that might be accepted by the board.  Only speculation, as OZ says it's an odd one.

3 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Wonder if MW is aware of or anticipating a summer offer for Wes, one that might be accepted by the board.  Only speculation, as OZ says it's an odd one.

I wouldn't think so. At a push I'd reckon he may have become aware of other interest in Gostomski so it was a piss or get off the pot type situation. 

52 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

There's no way he can show his talents to another club while sitting on the bench,mate! Unless big Wes gets crocked the only chance of Bell getting on the pitch is the half-time kick about, or playing in the U/20's which is detrimental to the development of McRorie. If he has shown better quality than Gostomski in training, then that would make more sense, although if that's the case I suspect somebody has hit him with a wonder drug.

you're probably right about the whole thing. Except none if it makes sense. Maybe I'm actually right about the bench clause. It's the only thing that fits.

14 minutes ago, writingranger said:

you're probably right about the whole thing. Except none if it makes sense. Maybe I'm actually right about the bench clause. It's the only thing that fits.

To me it doesn't; at least not at this stage, although it could be that big Maciej hasn't settled in to his new surroundings yet with being in a foreign country and being out of his environment, so the gaffer is making sure he has all eventualities covered. Put another way! if it comes to one of them staying and being in a position to push big Wes for the number 1 'keepers jersey I'll put my money on Gostomski, no danger :pipe: Wes is the better option at the moment but Maciej is just the man to keep him on his toes and not dip in form.

59 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I wouldn't think so. At a push I'd reckon he may have become aware of other interest in Gostomski so it was a piss or get off the pot type situation. 

I can tell you that assumption of yours was 100% correct; it was from a club that knows Gostomski well and who have since last season replaced their coach who has a past connection with Rangers. :pipe:

43 minutes ago, allgers said:

No word from Law then....

I would envisage Law will be on his way because we already have more midfielders than we can poke a stick at who are better value than Law, plus we have got Windass already tied up and Warburton has reportedly stated we want another 5-6 players for the top flight. To be honest, Shiels in new contract talk is a bit surprising to me.