Warburton addresses future of Rangers trio, with Ibrox contracts set to expire

LeeWallaceRFC

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Always a doubt though considering he missed most of last season, came back and got injured again, missed most of this season as well. Then there's the match scenario, playing in a competitive game is when you find out how an injury will cope. I'm with the Dude though, could have had a clause to recall Kelly.

I cant see him getting many matches as Fotheringham's done so well.

Last year I was a fan of Law, but not this season. I don't think he has the required versatility to play in the Warburton set up. Clark and Dean Shiels don't have a long term future for Rangers at the top. I think Shiels is under-rated, in terms of skill, but he doesn't have enough for a Premiership Rangers squad challenging for the Title.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

I guess that confirms Bell and Templeton are definitely leaving then.

I think it would be madness to keep those two,Dude! If that is definitely not the case and he has thoughts of keeping them, then he should never have signed Gostomski and Forrester on six month trial periods as we have Kelly as cover for Foderingham and plenty of options on the wings. Templeton would be lucky to even get in the squad next season and if we get rid of Gostomski and retain Bell I will be amazed and highly disappointed.

9 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

With zalelam only here till June, I would he surprised to see law go. Unless the gaffer has his eye on replacement already.

Crooks and Windass will be arriving in the summer. They can both play in midfield.

Plus we'll be bringing in 4/5 in the summer, so likely another midfielder in there. Young players like Thompson waiting in the wings too.

The fact we have already moved to offer contracts to Halliday, Holt and McKay indicates those yet to be offered new deals likely won't be.

1 minute ago, AlBear85 said:

Crooks and Windass will be arriving in the summer. Crooks can play in and Windass can play midfield.

Plus we'll be bringing in 4/5 in the summer, so likely another midfielder in there.

The fact we have already moved to offer contracts to Halliday, Holt and McKay indicates those yet to be offered new deals likely won't be.

Crooks and Windass areĀ young and aĀ bit of a gamble. They could be honking. It's moreĀ likely he has unidentified others.

2 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Crooks and Windass areĀ young and aĀ bit of a gamble. They could be honking. It's moreĀ likely he has unidentified others.

Tbf everyone MW has brought in, in essence, has been a gamble. Not that he'd see it like that. You can tell MW, DW and McParland put a lot of thought and work into who we are bringing in and retaining.

45 minutes ago, Smile said:

I cant see him getting many matches as Fotheringham's done so well.

I don't know if you have seen much of Gostomski, but I have and he is 10 times the 'keeper Bell is. He still makes some errors but if he gets a chance and knuckles down to it he will push big Wes all the way and would be capable cover if Foderingham got injured or lost form.

1 hour ago, Smile said:

Bells fine now was in goals getting shots fired against him before the game at Raith Rovers and Kilmarnock looks in good shape.

Im in good shape, but am an awful keeper. Ā Bell was overrated and is probably overpaid. Ā I'd get him off he books and give the Pole the Backup spot, bring Polish id imagine he's a cheaper option.

7 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Im in good shape, but am an awful keeper. Ā Bell was overrated and is probably overpaid. Ā I'd get him off he books and give the Pole the Backup spot, bring Polish id imagine he's a cheaper option.

I can't see him doing himself any favours with his latest performance, he's probably now further down the pecking order.

How do you get a contracted player off the books if he's on a good contract 4 years left on good money, he has to play to sell him or Loan him and since Warburtons had him on the bench lately he rates him it seems.

I'd like to keep Law out of the 3 but i think all 3 will be gone in the Summer, hopefully see Templeton and Bell join them get rid off all McCoists deadwood. We've got Crooks and Windass coming in the Summer both can play Midfield/Striker and Midfield (DCM)/CB along with Halliday,Holt so i can't see where Law will fit in, there's also O'Halloran who can play 7,8,9,10,11 Young Thompson will be pushing his way into the squad as well, it's going to be a headache for the gaffer during the close season with so much competition for limited places.

Out of the 3, I'd keep Law.

If both Bell, and Temps, have a year left on contracts after this summer, I'd keep Bell, as a good back up keeper. Temps has been a huge disappointment, I thought that he'd be a fantastic signing, but even though he's had injuries, he's been pretty shit when he has played. The amount of half decent games he's played, I could count on one finger, never mind one hand. I'd like to give him another chance, because I still believe that there is a good player in him somewhere, and Mr Warburton is the man to find it in him. Although that's me having more faith in our manager, rather than the player himself.

I'd get rid of the three of them. If you are a squad player at the end of your contract then its time to go.

The replacements for them should be of a higher standard than this years first team regulars who should then become the squad players. (or at least that should be the aim).

4 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

I don't know what would be the difference in wages between Bell and Gostomski because I've never seen their contracts; but what I have seen is both keepers in action many times and I can tell you that big Maciej has it all over Bell in the playing department. Yes,he will make a howler now and then but if he gets a fair chance at it and settles in to life in Glasgow, then we will have a bargain to challenge big Wes.