Warburton addresses future of Rangers trio, with Ibrox contracts set to expire

LeeWallaceRFC

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Dazzler said:

I'd get rid of the three of them. If you are a squad player at the end of your contract then its time to go.

The replacements for them should be of a higher standard than this years first team regulars who should then become the squad players. (or at least that should be the aim).

I agree with this.

After watching the Kilmarnock game we need better players to come in and push our current 1st team out.

I think we need more than the 6 players that was suggested. 

Would let them all go it's time we move on from last few years and build a whole new team. They have offered nothing imo but that's just my view maybe if we where managed better on park last few years then they would have been better players. Think warbs has made his mind up on them and they will not be offered new deals 

9 minutes ago, Smile said:

Shiels and Law are considerable better than Ball and Zelalem but we do have other players coming in to fill midfield positions.  

Law is more effective than Zelalem I'll give you that, Shiels doesn't play the same position as Ball so not quite sure how you can compare those, plus he seems only to have a good 30 mins left in him.

No thanks to all 3.

Shiels isn't good enough to be a playmaker for Rangers and by all accounts is a fair earner. 

Clarke tries his heart out but he isn't technically good enough and should play for Accies or Partick or someone where he'd play regularly. I actually think he'd do ok at a club like that where he was one of the main men.

Law has some ability but no heart. I wouldn't want to be in the trenches with him. He can go too. 

Free up the wages and squad space and let all 3 go. 

I think we may also see some of Mr Warburton's own signings moving on as well. He has built a team to win promotion but I reckon, as he said at least 6 new players in the summer, there may be some surprises. If an English Championship side come in with decent offers, our players will be sold. Money in means less pocket dipping required.

15 minutes ago, trueblueal said:

No thanks to all 3.

Shiels isn't good enough to be a playmaker for Rangers and by all accounts is a fair earner. 

Clarke tries his heart out but he isn't technically good enough and should play for Accies or Partick or someone where he'd play regularly. I actually think he'd do ok at a club like that where he was one of the main men.

Law has some ability but no heart. I wouldn't want to be in the trenches with him. He can go too. 

Free up the wages and squad space and let all 3 go. 

Shiels was certainly good/ excellent as a playmaker against Raith Rovers last week. His wages are not his fault either.

1 minute ago, Smile said:

Shiels was certainly good/ excellent as a playmaker against Raith Rovers last week. His wages are not his fault either.

I don't think we can rely on him on a regular basis in the top division and while his wages aren't his fault would he take a big drop to stay?

If he's happy to stay as a squad man on reduced wages that could alter my thinking. His experience could be useful and by all accounts he's a model pro. Depends what his situation is I suppose. 

5 minutes ago, trueblueal said:

I don't think we can rely on him on a regular basis in the top division and while his wages aren't his fault would he take a big drop to stay?

If he's happy to stay as a squad man on reduced wages that could alter my thinking. His experience could be useful and by all accounts he's a model pro. Depends what his situation is I suppose. 

Who do we rely on though Ball and Zelalems both  loans who have not shone at all in games, even in this division. the two players for the summer are untested its a tricky situation to get rid off an experienced player who gives his all for the club and has performed well previously in the SPL.

I 'm not saying he's the Answer either but with the lack of investment in the squad he is better than what's currently here.

10 hours ago, Ozblue said:

I don't know if you have seen much of Gostomski, but I have and he is 10 times the 'keeper Bell is. He still makes some errors but if he gets a chance and knuckles down to it he will push big Wes all the way and would be capable cover if Foderingham got injured or lost form.

They are replaceable but until this board replace them with viable options we are better using them as the loan players are not the answer not because they are loans but because they are not better than them. 

You cant really build for the future on short-term loans.

Just now, KingKirk said:

the support law still get is staggering tbh

He would not get it if the players brought in were better than him, You could say the same on Wallace who was equally culpable last season.

I'm not a Law fan and wanted him gone but he performs better than anyone else so deserves to play.

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

They are replaceable but until this board replace them with viable options we are better using them as the loan players are not the answer not because they are loans but because they are not better than them. 

You cant really build for the future on short-term loans.

The only loans we have are Ball, Zelalem and King, who will all go back to their parent club at the end of the season. Once we are in the top tier I'm sure that if Warburton brings in loan players they will be more than capable of playing in the SPFL.