Warburton addresses future of Rangers trio, with Ibrox contracts set to expire

LeeWallaceRFC

12 hours ago, The Dude said:

Aye just seen that, thought it was a 3. Baffled why we signed Gostomski now tbh. 

Because Bell is pretty injury prone? Foderingham need competition, and not sure they young boys (as talented as they are supposed to be) are realistically pushing for his place. 

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, cumnockbear said:

Unless the poster is fishing...... sniff sniff ....... 26 posts in 5 months..........

That is Shifty Eyes form and needs to be monitored,methinks  :pipe: BTW! Where the fuck are the shifties? :mad:

4 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Because Bell is pretty injury prone? Foderingham need competition, and not sure they young boys (as talented as they are supposed to be) are realistically pushing for his place. 

Foderingham is the clear number one and, barring injury, Bell or Gostomski won't displace him this season.

9 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

What the Dude is referring to,graeme is why did we sign Gostomski on a 6 month deal and then put Bell on the subs bench every game since he returned from injury? That doesn't make sense no matter what way you look at it. Maciej Gostomski is ten times the keeper Bell is. :pipe:

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Foderingham is the clear number one and, barring injury, Bell or Gostomski won't displace him this season.

He is. Does that mean we shouldn't have a fit back up who can push him? 

I'd expect him to remain number 1 for the next 5 years - I rate him that highly. However, if he starts 'coasting' due to lack of competition or isn't performing, I'd full expect his place to be under threat (as I would any other). 

5 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

He is. Does that mean we shouldn't have a fit back up who can push him? 

I'd expect him to remain number 1 for the next 5 years - I rate him that highly. However, if he starts 'coasting' due to lack of competition or isn't performing, I'd full expect his place to be under threat (as I would any other). 

We've got 2 back ups now. Not to mention McRorie and Kelly. I know it's not the done thing to criticise Warburton but he's fucked up here. If Bell is number 2 then signing Gostomski was totally unneccessary, if Gostomski is then there's no need for Bell and we should have looked to move him on. Worst case scenario if we only had one and both he and Fod got injured we could bring an emergency loan on or use Kelly. He has been good enough to sit in the bench for half the season.

1 hour ago, cumnockbear said:

I have no idea :lol: but the forum needs new emoticons, these ones are so outdated :power_of_anguish:

If you look at all the Jambos Kickback emoticons our ones are light years behind mate : ( obviously most of them are good but an update would be amazing

1 hour ago, Ozblue said:

What the Dude is referring to,graeme is why did we sign Gostomski on a 6 month deal and then put Bell on the subs bench every game since he returned from injury? That doesn't make sense no matter what way you look at it. Maciej Gostomski is ten times the keeper Bell is. :pipe:

Perhaps at the time we signed Gostomski MW didn't know how long it would be before Bell was actually fit enough to take a spot on the bench, or how likely it was there was a recurrence of the shoulder injury.

15 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

Perhaps at the time we signed Gostomski MW didn't know how long it would be before Bell was actually fit enough to take a spot on the bench, or how likely it was there was a recurrence of the shoulder injury.

It was around 13 days from Gostomski signing to Bell appearing on the bench and Gostomski being bombed out. If that was the case it's a damning indictment of our medical staff if they never knew when he'd be fit, although I believe he'd been back in full training a while before he took a place in the match day squad. 

I agree on the recurrence part, Novo had a helluva trouble with his after dislocating it, but surely if there was a fear Bell was to get reinjured we'd have inserted a recall option in Kelly's loan. 

48 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It was around 13 days from Gostomski signing to Bell appearing on the bench and Gostomski being bombed out. If that was the case it's a damning indictment of our medical staff if they never knew when he'd be fit, although I believe he'd been back in full training a while before he took a place in the match day squad. 

I agree on the recurrence part, Novo had a helluva trouble with his after dislocating it, but surely if there was a fear Bell was to get reinjured we'd have inserted a recall option in Kelly's loan. 

Sometimes things aren't as black and white as that. It doesn't have to be damning to anyone

2 hours ago, Ozblue said:

I have it on good authority that he has an unbreakable contract which states that if fit he must sit on the bench.

Like Major Major Major in Catch 22 who would only see people in his office when he was out of his office, so Bell will only play when he is injured and when he's fit he must sit on the bench but never come on.

Actual answer: I dunno, Maybe it's a shop window thing or maybe he's impressed in training

19 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

Sometimes things aren't as black and white as that. It doesn't have to be damning to anyone

Some things aren't black and white, but you're talking less than a fortnight here. If they never knew Bell would be ready to be on the bench within a few weeks there's something seriously wrong. Especially now that Gostomski and/or Bell will feature for the U20's to maintain match sharpness and limiting opportunities for McRorie or Kelly to play. 

13 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Some things aren't black and white, but you're talking less than a fortnight here. If they never knew Bell would be ready to be on the bench within a few weeks there's something seriously wrong. Especially now that Gostomski and/or Bell will feature for the U20's to maintain match sharpness and limiting opportunities for McRorie or Kelly to play. 

Wasn't it 6 months before he actually got the op because they waited to see if he could recover without one? 

17 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

Wasn't it 6 months before he actually got the op because they waited to see if he could recover without one? 

Just over a month from the initial injury.

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/bell-shoulder-op-successful/

He then hurt his knee over last summer and underwent surgery on that a few months afterwards after it never responded to treatment with it reported at the time he'd be back by around Xmas.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/rangers/6705173/No-early-return-for-Cammy.html

3 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

So a topic about Law, Shiels & Clark goes to 4 pages, mainly about goalkeepers. How did this come about? It couldn't be down to our resident troll, could it?

Discussing a players future in a topic about players futures...shock horror.

What is it with people like you trying to police every thread? Posting stuff like what you just posted is more derailing than anything in this thread before. You're just trying to start an argument, and you call others trolls. :lol: