Warburton addresses future of Rangers trio, with Ibrox contracts set to expire

LeeWallaceRFC

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Creampuff said:

Having thought about it a bit, I'd be offering Law - and probably Sheils - a one year deal on reduced terms. Take it or leave it.

We can't replace 7/8 players in one window, so we need to keep some players about.

I doubt we'll be replacing that many tbh. I can see us keeping on Forrester and Magic at least. 

So we'll send back Zelalem, Ball and King. So even if Shiels, Law, Bell and Clark leave it's 6 to replace and that's what MW has said we are looking to bring in this summer. We'll likely be dipping our toe into the loan market too.

We won't be operating with a 30 man first team squad under MW, people need to understand that eventually.

11 hours ago, AlBear85 said:

I doubt we'll be replacing that many tbh. I can see us keeping on Forrester and Magic at least. 

So we'll send back Zelalem, Ball and King. So even if Shiels, Law, Bell and Clark leave it's 6 to replace and that's what MW has said we are looking to bring in this summer. We'll likely be dipping our toe into the loan market too.

We won't be operating with a 30 man first team squad under MW, people need to understand that eventually.

Mr Warburton said 6 more, not replacements so if 4 go, that's 10 he's looking for.

7 minutes ago, AlBear85 said:

Tbf, that is just you putting words in his mouth. We'll see in the summer.

7 minutes ago, AlBear85 said:

Tbf, that is just you putting words in his mouth. We'll see in the summer.

Thread started 2/2 "in the summer I will be looking to ADD at least another four to six players to the squad".

On 10 February 2016 at 9:51 PM, Corky True Legend said:

Were you surprised Miller got a ne contract? I was but he has proved me wrong. Shiels could be the same.

I was surprised at the time, but I think he's a big influence in the dressing room, maybe a reason for the extension. I doubt we'll see as much of him next season

Just now, whitey126 said:

I was surprised at the time, but I think he's a big influence in the dressing room, maybe a reason for the extension. I doubt we'll see as much of him next season

I now think his extension is more to do with Murray Park than the starting XI.