What would you think a reasonable ST price rise for 2016/17?

JWAC

Obviously hopefully based on premiership prices, last season was ~ 5% increase. I've been wondering myself what I'd feel was an acceptable increase considering the work that still needs done to the team, the stadium, facilities etc but also keeping in mind we can't just go gung ho and make it financially difficult for some. Personally, I think a 10% increase would be fair but what do others think? At that rate we'd have to be careful with successive season increases.

Also I'd hope corporate hospitality etc increases significantly considering it'd be the first season back in 4 years.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BridgeIsBlue, your point is valid but it's a whole 'nother world in the Bundesliga. They seem to actually want supporters to enjoy themselves, never mind the TV contracts and supporter base a country that size has.

What are those figures? Is that cheapest STs? What's their average price?

I remember going to Hamburg and by and large it wasn't as cheap as people make out.

Besides, German clubs have other revenue streams that give them more leeway than we have. Ticket sales are our most important source of income.

Just had a wee Google and I'm only going from news reports so more than likely is wrong; it looks like we cut prices going into Div 2 by 33%. Price freeze in League 1. Then a 15% rise in the Championship, followed by another 5% rise this season. So, a 10% rise next season would be fair and get us near to what it used to be.

What we don't want is to raise prices too much, too soon as next year will again be vital and we need to have as much support behind the club as possible. Too sharp a rise initially could force some to not be able to renew.

I guess if we want to compete with the beasts we have to be up there with pricing as someone said above, however it would be nice to see some sort of thank you for the folk who have either kept their season tickets throughout the journey, or purchased one to follow us through it.

A discount on their renewal or a game or 2 which normally wouldn't be free would be nice for them.

2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Funnily enough this happened tonight in Stuttgart.

haha, quite funny but like I say that's a whole different world, it's a completely different financial model they operate in compared to the EPL. I remember when Bayer fans protested http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2015/10/soccer-primer-why-are-bundesliga-ticket-prices-so.html

I agree our prices are ridiculous, teams in the premiership with terribly low crowds but as a club we're able to almost always get 40k +

We are where we are, I'd like to see it change but I can't see it. So based on those terms I think 10% seems ok

5 minutes ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

I guess if we want to compete with the beasts we have to be up there with pricing as someone said above, however it would be nice to see some sort of thank you for the folk who have either kept their season tickets throughout the journey, or purchased one to follow us through it.

A discount on their renewal or a game or 2 which normally wouldn't be free would be nice for them.

Personally, as one of those folk, I don't want any thanks. I just want to surmount the filth. All that matters, really.

Just now, Inigo said:

Personally, as one of those, I don't want any thanks. I just want to surmount the filth. All that matters, really.

You're right and I agree, but it would be nice to look into some sort of loyalty scheme for those who renew every year. Even little things would be good like a free stadium tour, megastore discount etc.

Just now, AlBear85 said:

You're right and I agree, but it would be nice to look into some sort of loyalty scheme for those who renew every year. Even little things would be good like a free stadium tour, megastore discount etc.

If it would encourage people to renew, I guess so. 

Not being a hero or anything, but I just don't feel I'd want that myself. I don't feel I need rewarding beyond the obvious. If others need that, then fair enough, but I don't really get it.

I'd rather just pay what I pay for all the things Rangers I get. As long as it goes to the club, of course...

2 minutes ago, AlBear85 said:

I think bringing back the free game voucher would be good. Scottish cup and or league cup game free 

Price sensibly, we don't want to price people out of supporting their team. Take the Club Deck for example, this is always the last stand to sell out so I would make this stand more affordable however bring the prices up in other stands such as the Govan Rear, Bar 72, Main Stand Front etc.

It would be good if we could offer more Bar 72 types areas in Ibrox imo. 

3 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Personally, as one of those folk, I don't want any thanks. I just want to surmount the filth. All that matters, really.

Oh I know that, none of you would expect a pat on the back for doing what comes naturally, I've never seen anyone of you shouting for it either.

It would be nice though as the guys who turned up freezing their nuts off to watch shite football under a shite manager against shite teams kinda defines a true supporter, same as someone who purchased a season book just to contribute on our journey back.

It should be a given IMO.

Just now, bombaybadboy08 said:

Oh I know that, none of you would expect a pat on the back for doing what comes naturally, I've never seen anyone of you shouting for it either.

It would be nice though as the guys who turned up freezing their nuts off to watch shite football under a shite manager against shite teams kinda defines a true supporter, same as someone who purchased a season book just to contribute on our journey back.

It should be a given IMO.

I would take a medal if offered, tbf.

Or even just a 'I was here for the tough times' sticker.