***** The Official Alloa Athletic V Rangers Match Thread *****

allgers

all we'll get told is the boys worked hard against a team fighting for survival, we had 99% possesion and had 50 corners but we cant score 4 or 5 every week thats all about margins in football, no its about us pass, pass, pass without someone having a go and getting the ball in the net, Alloa showed us how its done, Frustrated much !!!

1 minute ago, Vanoli said:

Fuck every single one of you who say 'calm down' or 'overreaction' 

On the contrary, fuck every single one of you who haven't got a clue about what constitutes an excellent performance as a group on a plastic pitch.

I really don't understand the urgency of the majority of our fans when we are comfortable in possession.

This 'TAKE IT TAE THE BYLINE' mentality will die a slow death under Warbs, but it's happening. Deal with it. Learn to love the art of fitba.

4 minutes ago, AlBear85 said:

Not a positive, but nowhere near the level of negative it will be painted on here tonight.

You must accept that some of us are concerned that at key times we seem to stutter. We are not dead not even close butwe keep giving the taigs without bus fare the reason to believe

Does MW and DW seriously think we will win promotion squandering games like this? 

Games like this need to be won to reduce the severity of the pressure the team will feel as the season heads for the decisive bit.  Does this team have the nerve and balls to deliver promotion.  Not in this performance they don't.   Does MW have the leadership toughness and drive to get more out of this team?  I was never really convinced and I've been much less convinced in the last month.   Even less with make-weight signings who don't inspire as having the know-how to unlock games like this and win them.  

Squandering the points lead we had, stumbling in recent games, squandering chances aplenty, stumbling against the bottom side..............these are not the credentials of title-winners.   MW is fond of saying we are in a good place.  The only time this saying has any relevance in a promotion chasing season is at the end of the season.  There is no point in being in what you think is a good place during the season if you are not actually there at the end of the season.   MW needs to get the fucking finger out pronto.     Wonder what Dave King is thinking now.......  

2 minutes ago, yermaw145 said:

On the contrary, fuck every single one of you who haven't got a clue about what constitutes an excellent performance as a group on a plastic pitch.

I really don't understand the urgency of the majority of our fans when we are comfortable in possession.

This 'TAKE IT TAE THE BYLINE' mentality will die a slow death under Warbs, but it's happening. Deal with it. Learn to love the art of fitba.

How dare some Rangers fans complain about dropping points against a part time team!

Ok its disappointing. For me though, results like this are not as negative as they could be. We have a playing style, a philosophy and a plan to diminish these tricky ties. This game was by all means a tricky tie.

Again, I'm disappointed but nearly as much as I was a year ago.

1 minute ago, yermaw145 said:

2 goals in 3 games. Alloa were on 11 points before today. Ram your 'I'm more cultured in knowledge of football' ya cunt. Today was unacceptable, not an excellent performance, no art was there to be seen and the plastic pitch (and its width before you pull that out) is no excuse.

I'm not sure all the chat about plan B - we had more than enough opportunities to win that with plan A. We totally controlled that game, but learned a very harsh lesson. Doesn't matter whether it was during 9IAR or now - we have always had games like this sometimes when we just can't buy a goal. 

It will be interesting to hear Warburton's interview and see if he gives the players a public rocket or remains quite measured. There is no doubt shocking finishing has not just been a problem today, and it is something we must be looking at for next year. We have got away with it this year as the opposition isn't that strong. We would struggle against Killie next week, and against most top flight teams with that level of finishing when sometimes only one or two clear chances present themselves. We need to learn to be more ruthless. 

Yep. frustrating as hell. A match we looked like losing. We seemed to canter through the first half and then panic through the last part of the second. The real problem looks like a lack of invention in front of goal. Yes, Waggie does look out of sorts but we seemed to shoot aimlessly through a crowd or try to walk the ball into the net, when movement and quick feet was more important. These type of matches will happen, but we need just a little bit of something else in attack. It's a shame King is cup-tied, but he may prove to be a fantastic loan signing for the run in.

1 minute ago, ben51 said:

Halliday though, shite, again. Ball is a far better option in the midfield. Halliday's status as fan sees him get a bye, but I just can't see what he brings to the side.

Wasn't anywhere near the worst imo, would've played with Ball, Halliday and Holt.