***** The Official Alloa Athletic V Rangers Match Thread *****

allgers

6 hours ago, writingranger said:

I see the point with midfielders and attackers. Sometimes it's necessary for counter-attacking defenders but I can see no earthly reason to give Foderingham a rest. In most matches he does well to stay awake.

I think Waghorn has looked a little jaded lately and might need either a rest or a different starting position. We have a few attacking options that could be bedded in - Forrester, King, MOH etc

I would find it difficult to argue with your comment,mate!. It wouldn't do Waghorn any harm to sit on the bench for the Alloa game and come on for the last 30+ minutes if required; although I'm certain Waghorn wouldn't find that to his liking,as he might think he is being "dropped" because of his form in the past few games; plus the fact strikers don't like being rested then watch their replacement score a bucket load of goals and be left sitting on the bench again the next game.

The only way a goalkeeper should be replaced is if he is injured or completely out of form, which neither describes Foderingham at the moment so I would be stunned if Wes was on the bench and I'm sure that thought has not remotely entered the head of Mark Warburton. :pipe:

11 hours ago, Ozblue said:
11 hours ago, allgers said:

Scottish Championship.

Indodrill Stadium.

Saturday 13th of Feb 15:00

Back to League action after the cup, could this be a good time to rest Waghorn.

Kiernan is injured so Ball drops back to CB, Halliday back to DM.

Foderingham

Tavernier Ball Wilson Wallace.

Law Halliday Holt.

MOH Miller McKay.

4-0 to Rangers to open up an 11 point lead.

I'd like to see Waghorn in for Miller at the start. Would also like to see Thompson, King, and Forrester get some game time.

some teams going to be in the receiving end off an 8 or 9 nil hammering from us, the last away game against Alloa it could have been that, we seemed to take our foot of the gas 2nd half, I think if we took even half our chances this weekend, it could be a cricket score.....I'm predicting we'll at least put 7 away against them at the weekend!!!??????

2 hours ago, Marky. said:

Now that Alloa have altered the battlefield, we must conjure up a brand new plan of action to take them down.

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/hardly-pitch-perfect/

Mark Warburton has already attended to this bit of skulduggery by practicing the guys using "narrow" training sessions (tu)

6 hours ago, Ozblue said:

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/hardly-pitch-perfect/

Mark Warburton has already attended to this bit of skulduggery by practicing the guys using "narrow" training sessions (tu)

We are a very professional outfit these days, sadly not always the case. 

I think it was against Morton, who I think have a narrow pitch, young Barrie wasn't having a lot of success down the left wing and he moved into the middle, I thought he handled it well and scored  I think more of the same this game.

3 hours ago, Dazzler said:

As we would expect from this fine manager.

Attention to detail is his Forte and whatever the obstacle or problem that may arise, he has already made allowances for it and acts accordingly like all good managers should. :clap: