***** The Official Alloa Athletic V Rangers Match Thread *****

allgers

6 minutes ago, allgers said:

We are a very professional outfit these days, sadly not always the case. 

I think it was against Morton, who I think have a narrow pitch, young Barrie wasn't having a lot of success down the left wing and he moved into the middle, I thought he handled it well and scored  I think more of the same this game.

Cappielow is around 5 yards narrower than what we would describe as a 'normal width' pitch (75 yards) and although it doesn't sound much,5 yards is like a motorway to a winger. Barrie did well against Morton and was unlucky not to have scored more. Warburton has allowed for the narrower pitch (now 65 yards wide) and will have the team well set up for the challenge.

I don't agree with altering a pitch half way during a season, but I think this could backfire on Alloa and Mulraney the Chairman, who incidentally is on the playing board of the SPFL....Just saying like! :pipe:

As long as the pitch is within the limits of the Laws of Football, they can change it every game if they wish. Would fuck up their own players if they did so unlikely to happen. Think this actually shows how worried they are about us; I reckon they think a narrower pitch will make it easier to park the bus.

No way Kiernan should be starting tomorrow, Alloa has one of the worst plastic pitches in Scotland, if you are near the pitch you hear the players feet thumping into the hard surface when they run, not good for someone who came off the last game with tight calves.

13 hours ago, El-Hadji Spit RFC said:

Zelalem should be nowhere near our starting 11.

2 hours ago, Amato said:

Zelalem will start, need him to try and unlock the defence on the narrow pitch

Nothing to beat a united support! Only joking; beats all the boardroom shite we were arguing about last year. This is what a forum should be about.

3 hours ago, BlueBeard said:

No way Kiernan should be starting tomorrow, Alloa has one of the worst plastic pitches in Scotland, if you are near the pitch you hear the players feet thumping into the hard surface when they run, not good for someone who came off the last game with tight calves.

This, we are looking at 3 games in a row on artificial surfaces, you just know we are going to have a lot of niggles and injuries at the end of them.

Really crap betting on the game tomorrow starting with us at 1/10.

Can only see + 1.5  goals in first half (any team scoring) @ evens as anywhere decent. That's going in a multiple.

Not even a penalty bet on Skybet, which I'm sure we'll get and score with. :-(

I think we will mash them so I'll have a small sporting single on 6-0 @ 20/1.