Alloa Narrow Their Pitch

Ozblue

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Corky True Legend said:

Its not the total I was referring to, it was this "m" crap. But yes, I agree it is 10 YARDS in total. Still think it shows they are shitting themselves.

As I pointed out in another post,they have been shiiting themselves all season and in January (before they played Falkirk) their manager demanded that their pitch be narrowed by 10 yards because their defence was getting ripped to shreds on the wider pitch. Now as far as I understand it, Falkirk were not made aware of this change until the actual match was played,which (rightly) enraged Peter Houston AND by the looks of things neither Warburton or any other club manager in the division were aware such a rule existed to change specifications mid-season.

Is it just a coincidence that Alloa knew this rule and nobody else appears to have heard of it due to the fact that the Alloa Chairman,Mike Mulraney sits on the playing Board of the SPFL; or am I just being a conspiracy theorist? :unsure:

4 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

As I pointed out in another post,they have been shiiting themselves all season and in January (before they played Falkirk) their manager demanded that their pitch be narrowed by 10 yards because their defence was getting ripped to shreds on the wider pitch. Now as far as I understand it, Falkirk were not made aware of this change until the actual match was played,which (rightly) enraged Peter Houston AND by the looks of things neither Warburton or any other club manager in the division were aware such a rule existed to change specifications mid-season.

Is it just a coincidence that Alloa knew this rule and nobody else appears to have heard of it due to the fact that the Alloa Chairman,Mike Mulraney sits on the playing Board of the SPFL; or am I just being a conspiracy theorist? :unsure:

Their manager knew about it as he was assistant at Dumbarton a few years ago and they done the same.

8 hours ago, TonyRice1872 said:

Well done mate for pointing out, maybe we should make a thread for all the dodgy journalism that goes on, and every time something like that happens post the real stuff in there

Fuck me swinging! If we pointed out every bit of dodgy "journalism" that involves Rangers (even remotely) we would need a new forum section, never mind a separate thread  :lol: But seriously! these idiots are getting worse by the week with the shite they come out with. :pipe:

15 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

It is in the rules, and was in last season's too. Personally, I don't blame Jack Ross for looking to utilise any advantage he can get for his side. I'd expect any Rangers boss to the the same.

Just now, The Dude said:

It is in the rules, and was in last season's too. Personally, I don't blame Jack Ross for looking to utilise any advantage he can get for his side. I'd expect any Rangers boss to the the same.

I have no doubt it's in the rules,Dude because otherwise they would have been fucking stupid to do it; My opinion is that the rule shouldn't be there in the first place,especially where it (allegedly) specifically states it can only be done in the middle of a season.

I don't blame any manager trying to gain an advantage for his team; fuck me,I had a lifetime trying to do that,but for me this one doesn't make sense. Perhaps Alloa might gain an advantage when they play at home,but the flip-side is that they get so used to a narrow playing surface that when they go to a bigger pitch they won't be able to defend as a unit at all.

Says a lot about Scottish football that so many see this as a legitimate practice.  I see Captain Ned has come out and said he agrees it's okay to manipulate the pitch to suit yourselves.

http://www.<No links to this website>/opinion/sport/barry-ferguson-alloa-narrowing-pitch-7353537?#E9ZHtt4jlhVuYGiM.97

I do not see the problem here (and certainly don't see the massive hype the press have about it... all Warbuton said was he didn't know you could do it and it is ridiculous that you can, then at the conference he was asked a a hundred times about it and had to repeat himself making it look a bigger issue than it is).

If it is allowable in the rules and the pitch is within the allowable tolerances then it is no different IMO to playing players in different positions, like sticking a big centre half up front for the last 10 minutes and lumping it to their head if the opposition has a small defence etc).... it was a stroke of genius when Souness did it and if the rules haven't changed then so be it!

28 minutes ago, Briton said:

Says a lot about Scottish football that so many see this as a legitimate practice.  I see Captain Ned has come out and said he agrees it's okay to manipulate the pitch to suit yourselves.

http://www.<No links to this website>/opinion/sport/barry-ferguson-alloa-narrowing-pitch-7353537?#E9ZHtt4jlhVuYGiM.97

Says a lot about the health of his bank balance. Keep dancing with the Devil and you'll end up with burnt feet,Barry.

13 hours ago, Ozblue said:

I have no doubt it's in the rules,Dude because otherwise they would have been fucking stupid to do it; My opinion is that the rule shouldn't be there in the first place,especially where it (allegedly) specifically states it can only be done in the middle of a season.

I don't blame any manager trying to gain an advantage for his team; fuck me,I had a lifetime trying to do that,but for me this one doesn't make sense. Perhaps Alloa might gain an advantage when they play at home,but the flip-side is that they get so used to a narrow playing surface that when they go to a bigger pitch they won't be able to defend as a unit at all.

I'm not sure where the it can only be done in the middle of the season has come from (I've seen it a few places now) but it's not accurate at all, unless it's a guidance given to clubs outwith the rules. 

H20

Clubs must register their pitch dimensions with the Secretary not less than one

month prior to the start of each Season. No Club shall alter its pitch dimensions for any League Match or Play-Off Match during a Season unless with the prior written consent of the Board. The Board may at any time require a Club to submit a report from a qualified independent source certifying the pitch dimensions.

http://spfl.co.uk/docs/067_324__therulesofthespfl_1375800603.pdf

I completely see your point regards going from pitch to pitch and the problems that may cause Alloa when they go to wider pitches although I would point out that League One and Two sides can draw their pitch in even further than clubs in the Premiership and Championship are permitted to.

Personally, I think the easiest solution is to have a mandated pitch size with any exceptions needing to be cleared by the SPFL board.

On ‎10‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 10:35 PM, Badger said:

Obviously it makes a difference.

If you're style of play is compact and organised.... a tight pitch will suit you more
If you're style of play is fast and expansive... a big pitch will suit you more

You should be allowed to change your pitch size at the start of the season to what you think might suit your style best. However, you shouldn't be allowed to change it to make it harder for the opposition or change it halfway through a season.

Reducing the pitch width by 10m, makes the pitch area smaller by somewhere in the region of 900m2-1000m2

Put that into perspective, you're typical 3 bed council house has about 45m2 of floor space on each floor.

Ayrshire....thurso....BMW.....wonder who

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/158160-rangers-not-happy-with-alloa/

the opinion of hertz fans on this, some of them see that Alloa are a club who do petty stuff like this but most of them seem like  gonks who believe in the witchunt  going by their opinions in that thread 'ha ha Any advantage against Rangers Alloa can get good on them" really off the mark - if that's the sort of gonks we have to deal with week in week out next season then heaven help us

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

I'm not sure where the it can only be done in the middle of the season has come from (I've seen it a few places now) but it's not accurate at all, unless it's a guidance given to clubs outwith the rules. 

I completely see your point regards going from pitch to pitch and the problems that may cause Alloa when they go to wider pitches although I would point out that League One and Two sides can draw their pitch in even further than clubs in the Premiership and Championship are permitted to.

Personally, I think the easiest solution is to have a mandated pitch size with any exceptions needing to be cleared by the SPFL board.

Isn't he on the spfl board :pipe:

21 hours ago, Heshootshescores said:

We are Rangers they are Alloa. We would beat them on a fucking table tennis table. Their actions define them not us. 

Yes. But he's not the board. There's 6 club reps on the board plus Doncaster and Ralph Topping. 

Aberdeen, Celtic, Dundee Utd, Alloa, Raith and Brechin City. 

2 hours ago, TonyRice1872 said:

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/158160-rangers-not-happy-with-alloa/

the opinion of hertz fans on this, some of them see that Alloa are a club who do petty stuff like this but most of them seem like  gonks who believe in the witchunt  going by their opinions in that thread 'ha ha Any advantage against Rangers Alloa can get good on them" really off the mark - if that's the sort of gonks we have to deal with week in week out next season then heaven help us

Fuck Hearts! ??