kilmarnock allocation sold out

southdown 1916

31 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Watching the Sunday Supplement on Sky and the journalists are all creaming themselves over the fact Liverpool took 5,000 away fans to their FA Cup replay against West Ham. Well double that and you'll get the world must successful teams support on Tuesday for an away cup tie!!!!!

To be fair, 5,000 is pretty damn good considering the distance involved.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, gmcf said:

Gonna be shit on Tuesday without tv , streams , radio or any sort of communication other than 2nd hand info. Must be going back a few years when that last happened.

Why no radio. Thought it was onlt TV coverage that was banned on CL nights. Also since it is not at Ibrox surely BBC Scotland will have commentary or are you assuming they will cover Hibs v Hearts whoich is a fair assumption.

1 hour ago, Brubear said:

Why no radio. Thought it was onlt TV coverage that was banned on CL nights. Also since it is not at Ibrox surely BBC Scotland will have commentary or are you assuming they will cover Hibs v Hearts whoich is a fair assumption.

Mate told me that hibs v hearts was the game being covered on radio. Don't know anything official , just going on what he told me. 

10 hours ago, left winger said:

To be fair, 5,000 is pretty damn good considering the distance involved.

We took 25k or over to Barcelona a, long before the days of budget airlines and 11k to Munchen in1999.  5k is what we typically take to friendlies in England.

12 hours ago, B1872 said:

They were saying that a lot of them would've been south based Liverpool fans though. 

Yeah, I'm shut some would have been. South based could, of course, still be much further than Kilmarnock is from Glasgow.

2 hours ago, K.A.I said:

It's not even 2 hours on a Sunday.

The TV programme was Sunday, not the match.

2 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

We took 25k or over to Barcelona a, long before the days of budget airlines and 11k to Munchen in1999.  5k is what we typically take to friendlies in England.

Two of the biggest matches our club has ever played. Liverpool away to West Ham - pretty run of the mill for them.

They took a good support with them, get over it.

5 minutes ago, left winger said:

Yeah, I'm shut some would have been. South based could, of course, still be much further than Kilmarnock is from Glasgow.

The TV programme was Sunday, not the match.

Two of the biggest matches our club has ever played. Liverpool away to West Ham - pretty run of the mill for them.

They took a good support with them, get over it.

I also made reference to us taking more to friendlies in England, or  did you miss that point?

Yes they did, a good support by THEIR standards.

Just now, siddiqi_drinker said:

I also made reference to us taking more to friendlies in England, or  did you miss that point?

Yes they did, a good support by THEIR standards.

Nope, I saw it. A once per season or per two seasons match. We don't typically play friendlies midweek in the winter in England.

2 minutes ago, left winger said:

Nope, I saw it. A once per season or per two seasons match. We don't typically play friendlies midweek in the winter in England.

How often do Liverpool play West Ham in a season?  Perhaps Scousers enjoying an away day to London, shopping.  

Rangers are not the biggest club in Europe but few  clubs, if any, are able to attract such a massive travelling dupport.  Feel free to disagree.

3 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

How often do Liverpool play West Ham in a season?  Perhaps Scousers enjoying an away day to London, shopping.  

Rangers are not the biggest club in Europe but few  clubs, if any, are able to attract such a massive travelling dupport.  Feel free to disagree.

This season, four times, I think. Unless they played them in the league cup. Perhaps, they do enjoy shopping.

Who's disagreeing with us having a massive travelling support? I merely said, 5,000 Liverpool supporters at West Ham, midweek, is pretty damn good. Why so defensive?

7 minutes ago, left winger said:

This season, four times, I think. Unless they played them in the league cup. Perhaps, they do enjoy shopping.

Who's disagreeing with us having a massive travelling support? I merely said, 5,000 Liverpool supporters at West Ham, midweek, is pretty damn good. Why so defensive?

It's average tbh, a club like Liverpool should sell that allocation out everyday of the week.

24 minutes ago, left winger said:

Why are you so defensive? A point was made that we take over 5000 to most away games and you seem to think that Liverpool doing it is somehow better than us. A lot of our away games are further away than Kilmarnock but our travelling support always go.

2 minutes ago, jintybear said:

Why are you so defensive? A point was made that we take over 5000 to most away games and you seem to think that Liverpool doing it is somehow better than us. A lot of our away games are further away than Kilmarnock but our travelling support always go.

No, I'm not, and no, I don't. 

Indeed they are, and yes, we do.