Would we beat Dundee?

bluewhitevanman

50 minutes ago, Fabric said:

Is it u who fears them? Nobody mentioned fearing them. I asked the question given our past 2 results against teams from the league above. We were going to pump st j and Kilmarnock I said it myself and how wrong we were. I don't think there is anything wrong with asking the question to see what my fellow bears think. Fear them not 

I certainly do not fear them. I think we still have a wee bit to go, and a couple of players away from the finished article, but I think we are more than capable of beating any team in the premier league. I know we are where we are but we are Rangers and we shouldn't be worried about any opposition. 

Just now, jintybear said:

I certainly do not fear them. I think we still have a wee bit to go, and a couple of players away from the finished article, but I think we are more than capable of beating any team in the premier league. I know we are where we are but we are Rangers and we shouldn't be worried about any opposition. 

Yes I agree with you wee still have a wee bit to go but disagree about being a couple of players away from the finished article. I think with MW we probably won't ever be the finished article as he will keep getting players to improve on what we have got. I don't think we are capable of beating any pl team either just now as we have unfortunately lost the 2 we have to date but with a bit more quality and playing they teams week in and out I think we will end up much further ahead of them. Take that sheep v them game last Wednesday and you can see we will be streets ahead in quality :7325:

6 minutes ago, Fabric said:

Yes I agree with you wee still have a wee bit to go but disagree about being a couple of players away from the finished article. I think with MW we probably won't ever be the finished article as he will keep getting players to improve on what we have got. I don't think we are capable of beating any pl team either just now as we have unfortunately lost the 2 we have to date but with a bit more quality and playing they teams week in and out I think we will end up much further ahead of them. Take that sheep v them game last Wednesday and you can see we will be streets ahead in quality :7325:

I do agree that we will be streets ahead in terms of entertaining good football! 

Maybe my memory is not good just now but who are the 2 SPL teams who have beat us? I can only think of st Johnston.

5 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

With our defence, defeat is a possibility at this stage. I think we will struggle to get through against Kilmarnock, the first half at Ibrox was dreadful and if we start like that then we will be in trouble.

I think we gave them far too much respect and at the start we were playing far too deep but as the game progressed so did we.

4 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

With our defence, defeat is a possibility at this stage. I think we will struggle to get through against Kilmarnock, the first half at Ibrox was dreadful and if we start like that then we will be in trouble.

You mean the stingiest defence in Scotland outside Dunfermline, Same one aye? 

It's not a matter of if, it's a question of when. In my opinion there's no doubt the team can beat any Prem team, even this season, if our team fire on all cylinders considering all the talent we have even right now. Next season obviously we will have new signings and will instantly be a top 3 side from the first season in my opinion.

I think the 2 Prem teams we have faced so far both tried the same defend then counter tactic and we showed in the 2nd game how much we have learned from that already. I think if they try to play attacking we will beat them doubtlessly, and we are learning how to beat the teams that park the bus against us every week.

38 minutes ago, jintybear said:

I think we gave them far too much respect and at the start we were playing far too deep but as the game progressed so did we.

Agreed, I think we really need to get an early goal to beat Kilmarnock. It would take the pressure of the team, it was really nervy stuff at Ibrox which then lead to frustration as we gained more possession and chances.

We still have a very long way to go but yes we should beat the likes of Dundee , Kilmarnock and the like .these teams are capable of opening us up right enough as st Johnstone proved but we have improved since then and tightened up a good bit since then . The only teams I reckon would give us major problems would be Aberdeen hearts and the scum although if we played them tomorrow I think we would win the way they are playing ..get killie out the road then think about Dundee but we should beat them