Would we beat Dundee?

bluewhitevanman

I'm interested to see what people think, should we beat Kilmarnock and Dundee get through do you think we would beat them?? The league suggests they are probably a better team than killie and maybe on par with st Johnstone but with that wee Stewart guy and hemmings up front  and with harkins who isn't the best player but very creative could cause us problems, although I think we could cause them many more problems as long as we took our chances. What do u bears think? 

Just now, left winger said:

Don't know. I've hardly watched any Scottish football not involving us over the last few years. Their league position shows they are better than Kilmarnock, so it should provide another marker as to where we are if we play them.

But they drew 0-0 at Dumbarton who we pumped.

You can't tell just because a team sits in a certain position in their league.

Every game is different I hate this nonsense about tests etc. Each game is played 11v11, league position means fuck all 

3 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

But they drew 0-0 at Dumbarton who we pumped.

You can't tell just because a team sits in a certain position in their league.

Every game is different I hate this nonsense about tests etc. Each game is played 11v11, league position means fuck all 

League position means fuck all when working out how good a team is? Us being top of the championship obviously isn't a reflection of our abilities, then, is it?

4 minutes ago, jintybear said:

Is this what we have become? Fearing teams like Dundee? FFS! doh

Is it u who fears them? Nobody mentioned fearing them. I asked the question given our past 2 results against teams from the league above. We were going to pump st j and Kilmarnock I said it myself and how wrong we were. I don't think there is anything wrong with asking the question to see what my fellow bears think. Fear them not 

29 minutes ago, left winger said:

League position means fuck all when working out how good a team is? Us being top of the championship obviously isn't a reflection of our abilities, then, is it?

No league position means nothing. We are top of our league but below every side in the premier league that doesn't mean we are the 13th best side in the country.

Going by some folks reasoning St Johnstone beat us so we aren't as good as any the top 4 in top league. St Johnstone fucked Aberdeen 5-1 yet Dundee beat St Johnstone and Dumbarton drew with Dundee. That doesn't make Dumbarton better than us as they drew with a team who beat a side that beat us. 

Folk need to leave precious results and league positions behind when these games cone round.

People take results against other teams as a barometer of how well we would do against team x etc. It's stupid 

4 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

No league position means nothing. We are top of our league but below every side in the premier league that doesn't mean we are the 13th best side in the country.

Going by some folks reasoning St Johnstone beat us so we aren't as good as any the top 4 in top league. St Johnstone fucked Aberdeen 5-1 yet Dundee beat St Johnstone and Dumbarton drew with Dundee. That doesn't make Dumbarton better than us as they drew with a team who beat a side that beat us. 

Folk need to leave precious results and league positions behind when these games cone round.

People take results against other teams as a barometer of how well we would do against team x etc. It's stupid 

No it doesn't mean we are the 13th best team in the country but it's a pretty good indication that we are the best team in our league. Dundee are 6th, Kilmarnock 11th. It's really that straightforward. Then if we beat both of them, it would be good to test ourselves against a better team again.

2 minutes ago, left winger said:

No it doesn't mean we are the 13th best team in the country but it's a pretty good indication that we are the best team in our league. Dundee are 6th, Kilmarnock 11th. It's really that straightforward. Then if we beat both of them, it would be good to test ourselves against a better team again.Sound 

7 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Don't u think its a question worth asking as we have failed to beat the last 2 teams from above? Jinty  is saying that I'm fearing Dundee because of a question that I asked, isn't that jumping the gun a bit? the league positions of St j and Dundee suggest they are roughly the same but I think if we took our chances we could beat them and for what it's worth I think they would come and play us and not just sit back and we could open them up. If we went through and so did Dumbarton then most would automatically assume we were through so it's just a question to see what the people think