Have we ever had the "Celtic end" at Hampden?

GOAT

Has there ever been a time we've been given the bheggers end at Hampden, and I don't mean because some wee diddy clubs fans can't sell their tickets and we get a bit of it, I mean have our fans ever been at that end of the ground and another set in the Rangers end?

Why has their always been a Rangers end or a Celtic end when us or the bheggers get to Hampden?

4 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Can't remember one. 

I always thought we got our end because of where Ibrox and the pigsty are in Glasgow. 

Makes sense I suppose.

Except the east end of Glasgow is red, white and blue. :D 

Slightly off topic but I mind the tarriers were raging (nothing new there) when our end got covered and they were left open to the elements. If my memory serves me right, the covered end was slightly dearer than the other end but was, jokingly, justified by us as "you get singing and dancing at that end".

I am certain it was the celtic end I sat in when we played ayr Utd in the cis cup final in 2002 and we got half of it and the Ayr fans got just from the corner to the half way line

edit : just read the full op and realised thats not what goat was asking :lol: apologies

5 hours ago, Corky True Legend said:

Slightly off topic but I mind the tarriers were raging (nothing new there) when our end got covered and they were left open to the elements. If my memory serves me right, the covered end was slightly dearer than the other end but was, jokingly, justified by us as "you get singing and dancing at that end".

Same at Ibrox, and even their end at their own mhidden had a shitey wee cover while our end there was fully covered.

Although the cover built over the old Rangers End at Ibrox was a joke as well.

42 minutes ago, bomber said:

was at the Scottish cup final win against hearts in the late seventies,big dj scored in the 1st minute .I was in the cellic end allocated to hearts supporters.many if not more bears in that end than hearts fans!

And me, I think he scored before three o clock as well.

43 minutes ago, bomber said:

was at the Scottish cup final win against hearts in the late seventies,big dj scored in the 1st minute .I was in the cellic end allocated to hearts supporters.many if not more bears in that end than hearts fans!

Was in the north enclosure that day, probably the biggest crowd I have been part of in Scotland, much more fans than the official figures stated at the time.

7 minutes ago, BlueBeard said:

Was in the north enclosure that day, probably the biggest crowd I have been part of in Scotland, much more fans than the official figures stated at the time.

That was often the case. Stewards were unable to keep count of those who got in over the wall or lifted over at the turnstile. The advantages of not all seated stadia.

Rangers v Hibs  In a  Cup Semi Final in the early 1990's The Gers went out in that game always mind Mo Johnston hitting the post in the dying embers of that game which would have given us a lifeline, we had the whole Celtic End that night as I was in it the old days when you could still pay at the gate.

10 hours ago, GOAT said:

Has there ever been a time we've been given the bheggers end at Hampden, and I don't mean because some wee diddy clubs fans can't sell their tickets and we get a bit of it, I mean have our fans ever been at that end of the ground and another set in the Rangers end?

Why has their always been a Rangers end or a Celtic end when us or the bheggers get to Hampden?

We played queens park in the early eighties in a Scottish cup game, I was in the Celtic end that day but I honestly couldn't tell you if we had the Rangers end that day, I'm sure the crowd was only about 14,000 that day.