Under 20’s Poor Run Continues

Elfideldo

23 minutes ago, GlasgowsBlue said:

Anyone think that Durrants job will be under threat if the defeats keep coming?

Mulholland, our head of academy, said this a week ago;

"From our point of view, if we had wanted to win games and leagues then we wouldn’t have played the under-17s up in the 20s the way we have. We don’t want to hold boys back in their development."

“If winning leagues and trophies happens then great, but if not, our main focus is on getting players ready for the first team."

So, no I don't think results will affect his job.

Read his views on the official website today, he is not a happy man with the team, going to be making changes for the next game.

"IAN DURRANT has promised to ring the changes in his under-20s side after they went down 1-0 to Motherwell this afternoon.

The Development Team manager was left furious with the defeat – their fifth competitive reverse in a row – and also questioned how much it really meant to some of his players.

He was also critical of his team’s defending, with the only goal of the game coming from the penalty spot courtesy of Well’s Ross MacLean in the 65th minute."

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/durrant-loses-patience-20s/

56 minutes ago, Smile said:

We seem to be guilty of not taking our chances and killing teams off.

It seems Josh Jeffries missed 2 sitters when it seemed easier to score; one from inside the 6 yard box and the other with the goalie lying on the deck and an open goal in front of him. That's not bad luck, just terrible finishing,so no wonder Durrant is pissed off.

Just now, Ozblue said:

It seems Josh Jeffries missed 2 sitters when it seemed easier to score; one from inside the 6 yard box and the other with the goalie lying on the deck and an open goal in front of him. That's not bad luck, just terrible finishing,so no wonder Durrant is pissed off.

It's a problem we seem to have a lot even in the first team, maybe we are guilty of overplaying at times rather than going for the jugular.

Watched the 3 minute highlights on YouTube and must say Mehki McLeod looks a player. Looks better than oduwa already a though similar he looks faster and more powerful.

the team looked unlucky and low in confidence. Plus all the best players are out on low so the results are not as important as the development of the younger players 

Just now, Smile said:

It's a problem we seem to have a lot even in the first team, maybe we are guilty of overplaying at times rather than going for the jugular.

I think that's a fair comment,mate (tu) I have always been an advocate of possession football with crisp passing but at times we overdo it in a packed defence where a good old fashioned thunderbolt from outside the box would be in order.

6 hours ago, GlasgowsBlue said:

Anyone think that Durrants job will be under threat if the defeats keep coming?

He's leaving end of the season anyway.

To be fair the results and league position have been shocking for past wee while but Warburton said himself he's not here to win the U20's league it's about development and learning styles of play.

I'm going to the Hibs away game on Monday at Spartans Stadium - I'll try and keep everyone updated with the score and live updates (battery and signal pending)

15 hours ago, Poetry_In_Blue said:

Read his views on the official website today, he is not a happy man with the team, going to be making changes for the next game.

"IAN DURRANT has promised to ring the changes in his under-20s side after they went down 1-0 to Motherwell this afternoon.

The Development Team manager was left furious with the defeat – their fifth competitive reverse in a row – and also questioned how much it really meant to some of his players.

He was also critical of his team’s defending, with the only goal of the game coming from the penalty spot courtesy of Well’s Ross MacLean in the 65th minute."

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/durrant-loses-patience-20s/

Time he moved on.  Pretty sad to see him berating the young players in public like that with no sign of him taking any responsibility.

35 minutes ago, Briton said:

Time he moved on.  Pretty sad to see him berating the young players in public like that with no sign of him taking any responsibility.

Eh?

He has a job to get them ready and part of that is to not accept defeats, or more accurately repeated losses due to their poor standards.

No issues whatsoever him telling them this and telling us what he told them.

It's not like he's slated individuals.

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Eh?

He has a job to get them ready and part of that is to not accept defeats, or more accurately repeated losses due to 

I've never thought washing your dirty linen in public was a good idea.  The buck stops at the top anyway.  If he can't get the best out of them, time he moved on. 

11 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Sunderland are currently second in the Premier under 21 league and 2nd bottom of the Premier. 

The team at rock bottom are:

Leicester. 

Am sure I read an academy chief at Man Utd is leaving with his team at the bottom end of their league. He can speak to over 70 academy players playing for their first team though.

1 minute ago, Briton said:

I've never thought washing your dirty linen in public was a good idea.  The buck stops at the top anyway.  If he can't get the best out of them, time he moved on. 

I'm feeling I've been whooshed here. You're not serious right?

We ask for fans to be updated via the website and get it. We often moan on here about managers saying one thing when resulrs are poor when we'd be doing the opposite and giving players a rocket. Durrant gives the rocket. We were told the strategy is to get players used to the style of play to improve transition to first team - more important than results. We have from reports significant numbers of under 17s playing under 20s.

Don't see one problem with the article.

Don't see the issue with Durrant based on it.

14 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I'm feeling I've been whooshed here. You're not serious right?

We ask for fans to be updated via the website and get it. We often moan on here about managers saying one thing when resulrs are poor when we'd be doing the opposite and giving players a rocket. Durrant gives the rocket. We were told the strategy is to get players used to the style of play to improve transition to first team - more important than results. We have from reports significant numbers of under 17s playing under 20s.

Don't see one problem with the article.

Don't see the issue with Durrant based on it.

First...don't include me in on the 'we'.  I don't moan about the things you say.  Second...of course a manager should give players the rocket at times; you did see my comment about washing your dirty linen in public? I don't think berating the players, specially youngsters, in public will have a positive effect. To me it's poor management.  BTW...I get the idea about the way we play being more important than the results but it's Durrant who is complaining about those results, not me.  

37 minutes ago, Briton said:

First...don't include me in on the 'we'.  I don't moan about the things you say.  Second...of course a manager should give players the rocket at times; you did see my comment about washing your dirty linen in public? I don't think berating the players, specially youngsters, in public will have a positive effect. To me it's poor management.  BTW...I get the idea about the way we play being more important than the results but it's Durrant who is complaining about those results, not me.  

Hardly dirty linen.

It's a warning shot across their bows. And by doing it as he has done shows its serious and real not just dressing room moans of a manager.

And it's warranted.

And I'll accept that you never moaned on here about the shite spouted by the gardening dud when the forum was in uproar about him and his shite.  That makes you Albear and BP9. Sincere apologies.